Infosys

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Lead Interview

I was hired by Infosys during Campus hiring and was given a paper t solve 10 questions and was interviewed immediately after I cleared written paper

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

I applied for this position in the job portal and got an interview call in 3 days. They asked me for in-person interview in Lisle - Chicago.

There were 2 persons in the interview. The questions were very simple and generic. I think they were more interested in seeing the hands-on experience. I also felt that there focus was not on technical skills. They were looking for a complete package.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Focus more on displaying the technical work I was doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in December 2011.

The HIring process is a bit wierd. They hire in bulk and the person interviewing will not be aware for project he is interviewing.. He is interviewing in general for resource pool. The RMG then allocates the person to any project available at that time, needless to say, they have projects all the time.. The interview process was good. I was impressed by the way they interviewed.. It was short but very Testing. Just 1 round of interview by 2 people simultaneaously.. Thats it.. I had offer letter in a few weeks...
    FYI, I was hired in Charlotte, NC as a Mainframe developer. Lead position.
    They pay really well for onsite hires..

Interview Questions
    • None.. Everything was answerable if you have really worked in the industry honestly. But there was a tricky question, where they gave a requirement and asked me to estimate the effort.. But they accepted my reasoning for the estimate provided.   Answer Question
    There was none. They offered me 25% more than what I had asked for :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in March 2010.

1st round: Technical interview (telephonic) lasted for 1/2 hour
    2nd round: Was asked to come their office (Jersey City) lasted for ~50 minutes, all questions were from my resume, my roles, responsibilities, flexibilty in working hours etc..
    3rd round: HR interview..absolutely no negotiations took place, compensation was not competitive...

Interview Questions
    • what are the diff types of data source that can be used in XML publisher   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in October 2009.

They brought me in to the Bellevue office. I filled out their application form and releases for background check. Then I interviewed in a room with 2 people, a developer and a manager type. They asked detailed questions and asked me to write programming logic out on sheets of white paper. They did not use the white board.

Interview Questions
    • Diagram a complete web application system on sheets of paper while the interviewers watch and ask questions.   Answer Question

Compensation they offered was lower than I required. Benefits were quite on the low end compared to other companies I've seen. Also, the job was for a type of position I have not done before, and I was not sure I would be doing as much programming as I'd like and possibly more travel and odd hours than I prefer.

Technology Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys in June 2014.

No clarity on roles when Hr take interviews, you can go anywhere after joining and work on may be performance tuning rather than development,No clarity on roles when Hr take interviews, you can go anywhere after joining and work on may be performance tuning rather than development

Interview Questions
    • would you join if we offer a salary less than a current one because we are good brand   Answer Question

Technology Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in June 2014.

They took 3-4 rounds of interview...all technical + mangerial.

The quality of questions and interview process was very high but disappointed to know, at last, they can not offer the salary hike as per the market standards.

Also, they did not give feedback about the low hike/band offered.

Interview Questions

Salary hike was not compared to market standards.

3 rounds of interview
    HR

1 round technical and 1 round HR

Technology Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in July 2013.

The entire process was completed same day. It had three rounds. First round was technical skills assessment by a panel. Second round was 1:1 managerial round and the third round was negotiation with HR.

Interview Questions
    • How will you decide whether a water fall and an agile model should be used for a given project?   Answer Question
    Asked to provide three location preferences. Settled on 30% hike.