Infosys

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Infosys

Interview Details – I was hired by Infosys during Campus hiring and was given a paper t solve 10 questions and was interviewed immediately after I cleared written paper

Interview Question – I do not remember any. That was 6 yrs ago.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in December 2011.

Interview Details – The HIring process is a bit wierd. They hire in bulk and the person interviewing will not be aware for project he is interviewing.. He is interviewing in general for resource pool. The RMG then allocates the person to any project available at that time, needless to say, they have projects all the time.. The interview process was good. I was impressed by the way they interviewed.. It was short but very Testing. Just 1 round of interview by 2 people simultaneaously.. Thats it.. I had offer letter in a few weeks...
FYI, I was hired in Charlotte, NC as a Mainframe developer. Lead position.
They pay really well for onsite hires..

Interview Question – None.. Everything was answerable if you have really worked in the industry honestly. But there was a tricky question, where they gave a requirement and asked me to estimate the effort.. But they accepted my reasoning for the estimate provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They offered me 25% more than what I had asked for :)

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in the job portal and got an interview call in 3 days. They asked me for in-person interview in Lisle - Chicago.

There were 2 persons in the interview. The questions were very simple and generic. I think they were more interested in seeing the hands-on experience. I also felt that there focus was not on technical skills. They were looking for a complete package.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Focus more on displaying the technical work I was doing.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1st round: Technical interview (telephonic) lasted for 1/2 hour
2nd round: Was asked to come their office (Jersey City) lasted for ~50 minutes, all questions were from my resume, my roles, responsibilities, flexibilty in working hours etc..
3rd round: HR interview..absolutely no negotiations took place, compensation was not competitive...

Interview Question – what are the diff types of data source that can be used in XML publisher   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in October 2009.

Interview Details – They brought me in to the Bellevue office. I filled out their application form and releases for background check. Then I interviewed in a room with 2 people, a developer and a manager type. They asked detailed questions and asked me to write programming logic out on sheets of white paper. They did not use the white board.

Interview Question – Diagram a complete web application system on sheets of paper while the interviewers watch and ask questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation they offered was lower than I required. Benefits were quite on the low end compared to other companies I've seen. Also, the job was for a type of position I have not done before, and I was not sure I would be doing as much programming as I'd like and possibly more travel and odd hours than I prefer.

Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2014.

Interview Details – They took 3-4 rounds of interview...all technical + mangerial.

The quality of questions and interview process was very high but disappointed to know, at last, they can not offer the salary hike as per the market standards.

Also, they did not give feedback about the low hike/band offered.

Interview Question – issue in service management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary hike was not compared to market standards.

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in June 2014.

Interview Details – No clarity on roles when Hr take interviews, you can go anywhere after joining and work on may be performance tuning rather than development,No clarity on roles when Hr take interviews, you can go anywhere after joining and work on may be performance tuning rather than development

Interview Question – would you join if we offer a salary less than a current one because we are good brand   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Infosys in January 2010.

Interview Details – It started with a technical telephonic round from Bangalore, followed by 2 rounds of F2F technical. The first was for the Product group; the next was for services unit. On clearing them the last round was that of the F2F HR. There was a final salary confirmation over the phone.

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation is fruitless as Infosys has a strong process of determining the Compensation & Benefits. So DO NOT quote very high, as it may lead to rejection without any prior intimation.

New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys in September 2011.

Interview Details – referred by a friend, after 15 days got call asking about the preferred centre since i was working in delhi that time i choose delhi.... didn't study much for that and went there the next day in paharpur business center.....was made to fill some forms before i was called for interview... the panel obviously was less experienced than me and it was a cakewalk for me

Interview Question – some db questions related to oracle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – unless you have sme very niche skills, no benefit of negotiating for regular skills like JAva and dotnet , thet have a fixed bracket of salary and they won't go beyond that.... its like take it or leave it

Interviewed at Infosys

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview
HR

Interview Question – HR difficulties   Answer Question

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!