Infosys

Relevance Date Difficulty

SharePoint Technology Lead Interview

SharePoint Technology Lead
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Infosys in June 2014.

Interview Details – Gathering Requirements from client and preparing HLD and LLD.
    Preparing Technical document
    Assigning daily tasks to team members.
Deploying SharePoint Application in Servers.
    Guiding team whenever necessary and resolving the issues faced by team.
    Analyze project needs and determine resources to meet objectives and solve problems.
    Design and Develop custom SharePoint 2010 applications using SharePoint Designer.
    Expertise using SharePoint Object Model and Web Services
    Customization of SharePoint Document management, Portal site and Master page layouts.
    Using Asp.Net and SharePoint designer for customizing the site.
    Developing user control using asp.Net,C#.Net and deploying them into SharePoint site.
    Preparing Test Cases.
    Preparing UML diagrams, Functional diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.

Interview Question – Why do want to change your job   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Infosys

Interview Details – Campus placements included 2 rounds -
1. Aptitude test - general questions on logical reasoning, quantitative maths and english
2. Personal interview - 1 minimum.. I had 2

Interview Question – Transformation from Electronics to IT domain   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

PR Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Infosys.

Interview Details – Communication via a recruitment agency. First interview via the phone with the hiring manager in India. Second interview face to face in London with the Head of Marketing Europe. Third interview with HR and also skills test took place for an hour.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question is if I can join a company which has a certain culture and I had to adjust to it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Infosys in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very Long and complicated

Negotiation Details – Very Long, over the phone

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Infosys.

Interview Details – Lots of phone call from new and inexperienced HR employees that do not know or understand the company and its own processes. Was first asked to do a telephone interview on short notice with someone from India - but were not flexible on times and had to do very early in the morning. Telephone interview lasted an hour asking lots of questions about experience with different technologies and products to understand exposure. Took an entire hour.
HR call back advising they are very keen and want to meet you ASAP - tomorrow. Very unreasonable. Actual next stage interview takes place nearly three weeks later (so much for ASAP) as they struggle to arrange for this. At this second stage interview where you are troubled to take time off work and travel into their offices you are asked the same questions as in the telephone interview and still do not meet the hiring manager.
No feedback for nearly two weeks at which point they advise that "the role has changed".

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in January 2012.

Interview Details – First telephone interview with a senior software engineer some basic quesions

Interview Question – Database stuff that i didn't familiar with   Answer Question

Testing Executive Interview

Testing Executive
Poole, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Infosys in January 2008.

Interview Details – the process was simple and easy.. I was queued up for Testing job in the month of Jan'2008 and joined the company on March 2008. since that day had a great exposure to new skills in the company

System Engineer Interview

System Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Infosys in August 2008.

Interview Details – As this was University interview, this is way different than normal ones. We were given a test IQ kind of one, So one we were sorth listed, we were called for 1:1 interview and logical questions for 30 mins. So if interviewer is satisfied they take you.

It also depends on market, if they have more project and they want more people they take every one what ever people speak. but if it other way around then it will be very hard to get through.

Good as a starting company.

Interview Question – If you want to throw a ball in one direction and catch it in same direction how would you do it.

another way please...

another one please...

Give me 3 more ways. (So that was total 6 types)
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was fixed we were not allowed to negotiate, take this job or search for another one.

Industry Principal Consultant Interview

Industry Principal Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Infosys in December 2011.

Interview Details – horrible

Interview Question – Explain a situation that demonstrated your people management skills   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – unprofessional approach to hiring, eventually could just manage to offer salary same as current for a higher role

Engagements Manager Interview

Engagements Manager
London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Infosys in May 2009.

Interview Details – Simple 3 rounds of interview. One HR phone interview, One initial Phone interview, one one-on-one phone interview with senior manager, and one final cross unit interview on phone. Really simple straightforward interviews

Interview Question – Mostly interview questions test you understanding of the industry and around your work-experience, trying to accertain your own views about technologies/trends/businesses/companies/implementations etc. If you have the experience then its very simple and straightforward, with offers given out instantaneously.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you have great background, you can negotiate to the levels of top market rates and consulting firms easily.

Worked for Infosys? Contribute to the Community!