Infotrieve

www.infotrieve.com

Infotrieve Interview Questions

2.4

Advanced Reference Services Interview

A huge battery of phone interviews (five phone calls in total, counting the preliminary interview to be considered) and remote testing with three different employees - a head of administration, one's direct manager, and the vice-president in charge of said manager - all of which were courteous, but evasive about job details, promising more information later in the interview process.

They declined to actually tell me I had not been selected - or, rather, as they put it, that the company had decided not to fill the position at this time. The individual I spoke to actually said she had forgotten to call me to let me know after two weeks of interviews, I'd been dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, but the 'dream job' question took an unexpected twist when the interviewer clearly misunderstood my answer and tipped their hand as to not really listening at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infotrieve.

Very easy, basic resume walk through, typical strength/weakness and experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    None

Client Account Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Infotrieve.

One interview with an HR consultant, one interview with the regional head of Client Services, one review with the Client Account Manager. Most of the questions were simple background and interest questions. I was then brought to their office, where I had a second interview with the Client Account Manager, the CEO, and the HR Manager. Most of the questions were more focused examples of the previous round's questions. Overall, very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you measure the weight of a plane on a runway while sitting in a chair watching it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Infotrieve in April 2013.

I applied through my college's career service department. Infotrieve got back to me in about three days after I posted my application. We traded a few emails and set up a preliminary phone screening with an HR Recruiting consultant. After the preliminary phone interview we scheduled another appointment with the director of the Client services.
    Both interviews went really well and I was scheduled for a face to face interview/get to know us at Infotrieve day shortly after. They seemed very excited to have me on board. The persons I communicated were genial and professional and their demeanor was a huge factor in making me comfortable enough to interview well.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through a situation in which you had to help a client? Tell us what you did and how you ensured that at the end of the day the client felt like a valued customer and also received the help they required.   Answer Question

Advanced Referencing Services Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Infotrieve in October 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter in early October, sent my transcripts, and eventually had three phone interviews. The conversations seemed to go well, but when I inquired about the status of my application, I was generically rejected. The job is still posted, so it seems like they are looking for a perfect applicant that may not exist in the current economy.

Client Account Specialist Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Infotrieve in May 2012.

I had an initial phone resume screening with HR and was immediately scheduled to interview over the phone with a hiring manager. A few days later I interviewed again over the phone with a director. All phone interviews went very well, they were pleasant to speak to and the questions seemed more like a conversation. I was invited to Wilton, CT for a face to face that also went very well. I loved the description of the position and the employees I spoke with. Two weeks after I got an email saying that they decided not to fill this position..... I wondered why they bothered advertising it at all and scheduling all these interview times.