Ingersoll Rand

Updated Jan 6, 2015

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commodity Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Process took 3 months. This is typical for IR, although I wish it wasn't. Onboarding was pretty quick though. They got me in place and work commenced immediately. I was hired going into the busy contract negotiation season, so that was a factor.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a time when you convinced management to make a change   Answer Question
Did not negotiate base salary, but rather more vacation time for first year. Ongoing salary raises are standard, so I valued time off more.

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Commodity Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in July 2014.

I e-mailed my resume to the hiring manager from an employee referral off LinkedIn. The hiring manager called me a few weeks later and we talked for about 15 minutes. He liked me and my skills so I applied formally through their job postings site. The 2nd interview lasted about 30 minutes to go into more depth about my technical expertise. Then, I had a 3rd interview with the director the day before they officially offered the position. That was more of a formality just to clear everything up before they made a commitment. Sometimes I wasn't sure where I stood in the process, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Something about Excel. Not that I didn't know it, but that they were looking for specific terms and it took a few tries before I got to what they were looking for.   Answer Question
    They told me what the budget range was and I was ok with it. They gave me the higher end of the range, so I didn't even bother negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in August 2012.

This was a very awesome process. The way it worked is a recruiter calls you after they receive a large number of applications and at this point if you get a call, they are somewhat interested. They give you a brief run down on the phone screen and find out about you and then comes time for the back-to-back panel interviews. Three people sit on a panel and they grill you on technical questions and a few STAR questions. All in all, just be yourself and you'll do well.

Interview Questions
    For an entry level job like this, there isn't much of a negotiation phase. They extend the offer over the phone via the hiring manager and you either accept it or they give it to someone else.