Ingersoll-Rand

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in April 2013.

I met with a couple of recruiters from Ingersoll Rand at the career fair at the 2013 NSBE Fall National Conference in Indianapolisand they referred me to their colleagues at the Trane plant in Tyler Texas.
3 days later, I got a call from a lady in Tyler who set up a phone screening session. Two days later I had the phone screening session with an early talent recruiter. The following week, I had a phone interview with a panel of 2 engineers who were looking for interns and the lady from the phone screening session.
The interview was all based on the STAR method (Situation, Task, Approach and Result) all behavioral questions. The interview lasted 30-40 minutes. In the 1st half they asked me their questions and in the 2nd half I got to ask my questions like "what an intern does on a day to day basis" "how the work structure is: group-wise or solo"
At the end, I was told to expect an email that evening or the next day letting me know the outcome of the interview.
I received my offer that evening by phone from the Early Talent Recruiter I had worked with from the start. The email containing the written offer followed 10 minutes late

Interview Questions
  • What aspect have you taken from one of your classes and used in your life outside class?   View Answer
There was no need to negotiate; the proposed payment was more than I had expected plus they gave an allowance for relocation which was awesome!

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2010.

My first communication with the company was at my school's fall career fair. I had talked to the same recruiter the previous spring, but as a freshman, wasn't looking at actually trying to get an internship. A couple of weeks later, I received an email saying that I was a preferred interview candidate and asked me to select a time slot if I would like to interview. The initial interview consisted of a group interview where all 6 or 7 of us in the room where given a hypothetical position within Ingersoll-Rand. The situation was that we were breaking into new markets in underdeveloped parts of the world. Each position had a project that they wanted done and the cost to do the project. This group interview was a mix of people from all different majors applying for all sorts of positions. We had a time limit where we had to come together and decide who's causes were worth the money so we could meet the budget that was given to us. Your job was to try and "protect" your project, or your part of the budget, while also helping the group come to the best decision. After this, there was a personal interview where I interviewed with two engineers at IR. The interview was pretty standard- all behavior-based questions. "Tell me a time when...." They want you to show that you have leadership qualities and have not only had responsibilities, but have met those responsibilities with success. About a week later, I was contacted to do a second round interview on-site at their Bloomington Thermo King plant. This was another interview with behavior-based questions. There were three current engineers who worked at the plant and one guy from HR. The whole interview process was handled very well from their side and everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you were given a problem with undefined goals? What was the problem, how did you handle the said problem, and what were the results?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in June 2009.

I was directed to the department manager I would be working under and he was the only person I talked to. He seemed fairly busy and didnt bother with cliched questions such as "describe a difficult obstacle and how you overcame it," which I appreciated. He asked about the parts of my resume that were pertinent to the job I was interviewing for then brought me down to the floor and pulled out a random engineering drawing and asked me some questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you check the center of this hole is located correctly (on engineering drawing)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they told me the pay and I said "OK"