Ingersoll-Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montvale, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2010.

External recruiter. Interviewed hiring manager and senior leader. Then interviewed with key stakeholders. Key stakeholder group included a few people who would be reporting to me. A lot of repetition speaking with so many people. Felt like hiring is a consensus decision, which ended up mirroring the corporate culture. It was an OK process. Best recruiting I've ever experienced was at Coca Cola.

Not much room for negotiation.

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview was brief and painless. At the time, I didn't know that Steelcraft had a very bad reputation so the questions were easy to answer with no surprises. The hiring process did not take very long.

They were begging people to work for them. Negotiation phase was easy.

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davidson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in May 2014.

Contacted by staffing agent asked exp related questions salary req. Phone interview with IR the next day. Received a call same day that IR would like to have a face to face interview. Meet with two managers, they asked me questions about my exp. and my system skills. No 3rd degree type questions, very easy interview I think. The next day I was offered the position. Process was pretty fast, I would say it too about a week.

Interview Questions
    Pay was neg. I received 1.00 let than what I asked for.

Pension Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Used behavior based questions in a panel setting. Make sure you have questions prepared to ask panel and take your time answering questions. Be patient sometimes they are very slow making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Group panel, difficult to get feedback. Study and memorize how to answer these types of questions properly and adequately. Do your research   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Recruiter called based off of Linked In profile. Interview was with Regional Manager. Discussion focused on operations, P&L, and margin growth. No sales responsibilities or control. After interview, I got a call back to interview with branch manager and the other two division managers (sales and controls). Lots of questions regarding experiences, methods, prior successes, etc. After the group interview, there was another lunch and an offer. I didn't like the lack of sales control yet job success significantly restrained by sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle long time employees with low productivity and/or accuracy?   View Answer

Not enough sales and/or sales input.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in November 2012.

The hiring process is slow and Interview Process is thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself if we offered you a position and What are you capable and willing to do for the job?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davidson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

IR brings in a lot of contract help for certain projects, but then, let's go of full time PMs and dissolves global PMO department. Uncertain times in reorganization.

Interview Questions
    • Managers & interview panel are 'forced' to ask questions from the targeted selection list. STAR format is imperative.
      Examples: Tell me about a time when your standard approach to problem solving didn’t produce the desired solution. What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
      Describe a time when you actively listened to the concerns of others and it changed your opinion. What did you learn? What did you do differently?
        Answer Question

ADP Finance Track Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in March 2011.

1 on 1 initial interview, panel interview, then if selected, take to HQ in Davidson NC for a 2 day interview process

Interview Questions
    • Business Case on a real world problem. You have the night to work on the case, then you must present it to Senior leaders in your given functional area.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer-mechanical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Apply, brief HR phone interview mostly to line up a time for an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and people from the group you'll be working with most closely.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior based questions in the in-person interview so not too hard, most technical questions were asked by the hiring manager in the phone interview, but even then no rigorous technical questions.   View Answer

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in February 2014.

Following the initial submission of my resume and application, a preliminary phone interview was conducted with a low level HR manager, afterwards I was contacted by the national manager for the marketing group and was subsequently recommended to local manager for interview. My interview was with 6 different members of the department over 2 one hour interview sessions. Questions where mainly behavioral based. Take your time while answering and follow the STAR method for answers you will be fine. I was told I was the candidate of choice but it would be a while before I could be hired due to a company wide hiring freeze. Approximately, a month later I received an email from HR that the position I had interviewed for was moved to a new location.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!