Ingersoll-Rand

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Executive Interview

Human Resources Executive
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2010.

Interview Details – External recruiter. Interviewed hiring manager and senior leader. Then interviewed with key stakeholders. Key stakeholder group included a few people who would be reporting to me. A lot of repetition speaking with so many people. Felt like hiring is a consensus decision, which ended up mirroring the corporate culture. It was an OK process. Best recruiting I've ever experienced was at Coca Cola.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Inventory Control Interview

Inventory Control
Blue Ash, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview Details – Interview was brief and painless. At the time, I didn't know that Steelcraft had a very bad reputation so the questions were easy to answer with no surprises. The hiring process did not take very long.

Negotiation Details – They were begging people to work for them. Negotiation phase was easy.

Very Easy Interview

Pension Analyst Interview

Pension Analyst
Davidson, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in May 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by staffing agent asked exp related questions salary req. Phone interview with IR the next day. Received a call same day that IR would like to have a face to face interview. Meet with two managers, they asked me questions about my exp. and my system skills. No 3rd degree type questions, very easy interview I think. The next day I was offered the position. Process was pretty fast, I would say it too about a week.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was neg. I received 1.00 let than what I asked for.

Pension Analyst Interview

Pension Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview Details – Used behavior based questions in a panel setting. Make sure you have questions prepared to ask panel and take your time answering questions. Be patient sometimes they are very slow making a decision.

Interview Question – Group panel, difficult to get feedback. Study and memorize how to answer these types of questions properly and adequately. Do your research   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview Details – Recruiter called based off of Linked In profile. Interview was with Regional Manager. Discussion focused on operations, P&L, and margin growth. No sales responsibilities or control. After interview, I got a call back to interview with branch manager and the other two division managers (sales and controls). Lots of questions regarding experiences, methods, prior successes, etc. After the group interview, there was another lunch and an offer. I didn't like the lack of sales control yet job success significantly restrained by sales.

Interview Question – How would you handle long time employees with low productivity and/or accuracy?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough sales and/or sales input.

Designer Interview

Designer
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is slow and Interview Process is thorough.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself if we offered you a position and What are you capable and willing to do for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Davidson, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview Details – IR brings in a lot of contract help for certain projects, but then, let's go of full time PMs and dissolves global PMO department. Uncertain times in reorganization.

Interview Question – Managers & interview panel are 'forced' to ask questions from the targeted selection list. STAR format is imperative.
Examples: Tell me about a time when your standard approach to problem solving didn’t produce the desired solution. What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
Describe a time when you actively listened to the concerns of others and it changed your opinion. What did you learn? What did you do differently?
  Answer Question

ADP Finance Track Interview

ADP Finance Track

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 initial interview, panel interview, then if selected, take to HQ in Davidson NC for a 2 day interview process

Interview Question – Business Case on a real world problem. You have the night to work on the case, then you must present it to Senior leaders in your given functional area.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer-mechanical Design Interview

Reliability Engineer-mechanical Design
La Crosse, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Interview Details – Apply, brief HR phone interview mostly to line up a time for an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and people from the group you'll be working with most closely.

Interview Question – Mostly behavior based questions in the in-person interview so not too hard, most technical questions were asked by the hiring manager in the phone interview, but even then no rigorous technical questions.   View Answer

Marketing Engineer Interview

Marketing Engineer
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in February 2014.

Interview Details – Following the initial submission of my resume and application, a preliminary phone interview was conducted with a low level HR manager, afterwards I was contacted by the national manager for the marketing group and was subsequently recommended to local manager for interview. My interview was with 6 different members of the department over 2 one hour interview sessions. Questions where mainly behavioral based. Take your time while answering and follow the STAR method for answers you will be fine. I was told I was the candidate of choice but it would be a while before I could be hired due to a company wide hiring freeze. Approximately, a month later I received an email from HR that the position I had interviewed for was moved to a new location.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Worked for Ingersoll-Rand? Contribute to the Community!