Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mocksville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Mocksville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the corporate HR rep. Then had a phone screen with the hiring manager for the facility. All went well so I was called in for a f2f interview. Arrived at the facility and was escorted around the facility and was asked to make suggestions and recommendations on what could be improved and how to improve it. It was obvious that when I made the suggestions the hiring manager was irritated that I found something wrong with his facility. Then went into a panel interview that I had made a presentation for at their request. I covered the presentation and then went into a hour long round-robin question and answer session with the managers taking turns asking questions. Left with a very positive feeling I was a good fit for the job and for the company. The (2) business days later I received the feedback that I was not qualified for the job and did not have the required machining experience. The corporate HR rep then told me verbally "we decided to go with another candidate". One interesting note, the company reposted the position 20 minutes BEFORE they contacted me to let me know they gave the job to another candidate. Something seems amiss with the details I was given. In addition, it has been 5 weeks since the interview and I still have not gotten reimbursed for my travel expenses and I have not had any reply to my second email requesting to understand the approval of my check.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively fair and standard. After applying to the company, I received an email from someone in HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set for 30 minutes, but we connected fairly well and talked for about 45 minutes. I was brought in for a 2 hour interview. The first hour was with members of the team, and the second hour was with the director of the respective department. From my perspective, both interviews went really well. At the end, the hiring manager informed me that the company would be in touch to inform me of their decision, either way, no later than the end of the week. The interview occurred on Tuesday. I received a follow-up phone call on Thursday stating that the decision would be made some time in the following week. The following week came, and I received another email stating that a decision would come Friday or the following Monday. Each day came and went. Today marks two weeks from the day I was told that a decision would be given either Friday or Monday, and I have received no further updates or decisions from the company. I accepted a role with another company and withdrew my name from consideration because I truly believe I would never receive any notice. I would have had no issue with the company stating that were selecting another candidate, but to be left in limbo after several "updates" and assurances that I would be contacted with the results at various dates seems very unprofessional. I was impressed with the company and those I interviewed with, but I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Hopefully this is was just an anomaly and not standard practice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Clarksville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief interview over phone, Once interview completed had ended went through a series of online applications and back ground questionnaires. The had to take drug screening test. Completing the tasks before start was easy, when yuo arrive to first day processing you are thrown out to the floor and expected to learn as you go. there is zero training on assigned tasked before you are in position.

Change Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

Receved email from HR POC who requested time to discuss my background and their openings. I was asked several questions about a "...time when I led a LEAN event."

Interview Questions

• Seemed keen on knowing and learning of a LEAN event I had led and the results. Pointed questions to asertain my level of understanding, company deeply invested in LEAN trnsformation for last four years.   Answer Question
    • Threw lots of LEAN terminology and company acronyms at me and asked about my familiarity and understanding.   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Pueblo, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews by two groups. Questions were behavioral in nature. Was expecting a question about what my skill set was, and what I have accomplished in the past that would pretain to the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience at working with teams consisting of diverse individuals.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was average difficulty. They asked numerous situational/behavioral questions and were very open and friendly. There were a total of 2 interviews, one was phone based and the other was in person. The in person interview was with a panel.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager, what was the task, and how did you solve the disagreement.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Fenton, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews to screen candidates prior to a three hour face to face interview with the four core leadership team members. Questions were all behavioral based meaning they expected to for me to tell a story example of a previous work experience that demonstrated area they were interested in. Overall, the experience was fine. Not too involved and rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a situation where you disagreed with the leaders you were working with.   Answer Question

Engineering Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions as well as questions based off my resume. Asking for elaboration and how I could apply it to the internship. Mostly behavioral questions, teamwork type stuff..

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team and someone was not pulling there weight? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted by recruiter one week later. Came in for 2 hour onsite interview. Nice campus, team was polite/friendly. Was told I would be contacted in a week regarding follow-up. I was contacted the following week. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did x,y,z. What was the outcome, etc.   Answer Question

ADP Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with an HR rep. The interview lasted about 30 min and was conducted using the STAR method. The HR rep was very professional and easy to talk to. I enjoyed meeting with her and learning about the organization.