Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively fair and standard. After applying to the company, I received an email from someone in HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set for 30 minutes, but we connected fairly well and talked for about 45 minutes. I was brought in for a 2 hour interview. The first hour was with members of the team, and the second hour was with the director of the respective department. From my perspective, both interviews went really well. At the end, the hiring manager informed me that the company would be in touch to inform me of their decision, either way, no later than the end of the week. The interview occurred on Tuesday. I received a follow-up phone call on Thursday stating that the decision would be made some time in the following week. The following week came, and I received another email stating that a decision would come Friday or the following Monday. Each day came and went. Today marks two weeks from the day I was told that a decision would be given either Friday or Monday, and I have received no further updates or decisions from the company. I accepted a role with another company and withdrew my name from consideration because I truly believe I would never receive any notice. I would have had no issue with the company stating that were selecting another candidate, but to be left in limbo after several "updates" and assurances that I would be contacted with the results at various dates seems very unprofessional. I was impressed with the company and those I interviewed with, but I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Hopefully this is was just an anomaly and not standard practice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Change Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

Receved email from HR POC who requested time to discuss my background and their openings. I was asked several questions about a "...time when I led a LEAN event."

Interview Questions

• Seemed keen on knowing and learning of a LEAN event I had led and the results. Pointed questions to asertain my level of understanding, company deeply invested in LEAN trnsformation for last four years.   Answer Question
    • Threw lots of LEAN terminology and company acronyms at me and asked about my familiarity and understanding.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Fenton, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews to screen candidates prior to a three hour face to face interview with the four core leadership team members. Questions were all behavioral based meaning they expected to for me to tell a story example of a previous work experience that demonstrated area they were interested in. Overall, the experience was fine. Not too involved and rather simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a situation where you disagreed with the leaders you were working with.   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Pueblo, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews by two groups. Questions were behavioral in nature. Was expecting a question about what my skill set was, and what I have accomplished in the past that would pretain to the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience at working with teams consisting of diverse individuals.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was average difficulty. They asked numerous situational/behavioral questions and were very open and friendly. There were a total of 2 interviews, one was phone based and the other was in person. The in person interview was with a panel.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager, what was the task, and how did you solve the disagreement.   Answer Question

Engineering Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions as well as questions based off my resume. Asking for elaboration and how I could apply it to the internship. Mostly behavioral questions, teamwork type stuff..

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team and someone was not pulling there weight? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, contacted by recruiter one week later. Came in for 2 hour onsite interview. Nice campus, team was polite/friendly. Was told I would be contacted in a week regarding follow-up. I was contacted the following week. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did x,y,z. What was the outcome, etc.   Answer Question

ADP Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with an HR rep. The interview lasted about 30 min and was conducted using the STAR method. The HR rep was very professional and easy to talk to. I enjoyed meeting with her and learning about the organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

I had an atypical interview process. I was interviewed by an alum from my university (behavioral). After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by an Operations Manager for an additional interview for Trane. After completing that, I was interviewed once more by two Systems Engineers at the manufacturing plant. The overall process was surprisingly lengthy (not typical for IR based on colleagues' experiences) but very pleasant. HR is very helpful and will do their best to answer all our questions. The nature of the questions were behavioral for the most part aside from later interviews with future supervisor that probed more deeply into the type of employee that I would become in order to find a fit between you and the company. Technical questions were not a part of the process, but they do want to find out what experiences you have in order to prepare you for a job in operations (tooling, theory, lean manufacturing, etc). Awesome company to work for!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview that consisted of only STAR related questions on past projects and classes. The interviewer was from university relations and very pleasant to talk to. This was the first of a series of phone interviews in their recruiting process. The interview was only about a half hour long.