Ingersoll-Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in May 2012.

Contacted by company recruiter and phone interviewed extensively. I had opportunity to ask questions and give thoughtful answers. In several days I was contacted by the hiring manager and interviewed over the phone. The process was well-paced and I feel that I received straight-forward answers to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • No really tough questions beyond what you would typically prepare for, "What is your greatest weakness?" etc.   Answer Question

Global Human Resources Operations Excellence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in September 2010.

Initially started as a contractor the converted to full time

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to deal with an upset manager   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate higher salary

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davidson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2013.

They use behavior based interview questions that ask you to describe specific experiences you had in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to implement a significant change in business practice or policy.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2013.

Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work excessive overtime?   View Answer

Employees advised going to work for IR.

Machine Builder Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

I have been out of work since April 2009. I worked as a contractor for Premier Automation Contractors. for a short while is all.

Interview Questions
    • I got awards for my over all work, solving skills, organizing, & attendance.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

I applied to the position online, I was contacted several weeks with a list of questions about my work eligibility. Then to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted with 2 engineers.

Sales Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

Two rounds of phone interviews. First interview reviewing my qualifications and experience, also evaluating my desire for Trane. First interview was with a recruiting agent, second was with the potential regional manager. Largest problem was with relocation. Was only offered the position after saying that "i can see myself in _______ for the next 5 to 10 years"

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself in _______ for the foreseeable future   Answer Question
    little negotiation

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in December 2009.

One to one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will your wife feel about overtime?   View Answer
    No Negotiation. One offer one chance to accept.

Lead Supplier Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davidson, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2013.

My resume was submitted directly through a current IR employee. I was then contacted by talent management for a initial phone interview. Three weeks later I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. Fairly straight forward questioning for both. Immediately after I was told I to make travel arrangements for an onsite interview. A couple days into making travel plans, I was then told I would have a panel interview by phone conference. The interview was behavior based questioning that wasn't too difficult. The interview was then followed up with another 30 minute phone interview covering technical questions. I then waited 2 1/2 weeks for a decision when I was contacted by talent management with a couple additional questions and feedback that I was to travel in to tour the site and check out the area. A couple days later I was contacted and told that I was going to have another panel interview but this one would be by video conference. Talent management made arrangements for a video conference in my town for a panel interview. Two of the individuals in the interview had also been in the previous panel interview. Behavior based questioning again lasting over an hour. At this point, I had been dealing with IR for 2 1/2 months and losing my patience because of the waiting, interviewing with the same people with some of the same questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they would make a decision that day and I should know something in a few days. After a week I started contacting talent management. I could never reach them by phone but was able to get a response that they were finishing up interviews and would get everyone together for a group decision. They were unaware that I knew the position was offered immediately after my interview, and the 2 of the interviews were overseas at the time they said they were still interviewing and meeting for a decision. I did get turned down for the position but after 12 weeks I was relieved to have closure. Everything about this process was bad. Poor communication, planning, coordination and timing. I took 2 vacation day from my current job because they scheduled the interview in the middle of the day. Chalk this one up as my worst interview experience over a 20 year career.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2013.

Met the Ingersoll-Rand team at a campus recruiting fair. A lady in HR seemed to really like me, she asked me to come back the next day to schedule an interview. I was excited, the company atmosphere and goals seemed great. I had an interview that was mostly behavioral based with no technical questions. They had a specific format for answering ~5 questions (what was the situation/problem, what did you do to fix it, how did the problem turn out). It was a pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a time when I had to memorize something and that really caught me off guard.   Answer Question