Ingersoll Rand Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Pension Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Used behavior based questions in a panel setting. Make sure you have questions prepared to ask panel and take your time answering questions. Be patient sometimes they are very slow making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Group panel, difficult to get feedback. Study and memorize how to answer these types of questions properly and adequately. Do your research   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Recruiter called based off of Linked In profile. Interview was with Regional Manager. Discussion focused on operations, P&L, and margin growth. No sales responsibilities or control. After interview, I got a call back to interview with branch manager and the other two division managers (sales and controls). Lots of questions regarding experiences, methods, prior successes, etc. After the group interview, there was another lunch and an offer. I didn't like the lack of sales control yet job success significantly restrained by sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle long time employees with low productivity and/or accuracy?   1 Answer

Not enough sales and/or sales input.

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by staffing agent asked exp related questions salary req. Phone interview with IR the next day. Received a call same day that IR would like to have a face to face interview. Meet with two managers, they asked me questions about my exp. and my system skills. No 3rd degree type questions, very easy interview I think. The next day I was offered the position. Process was pretty fast, I would say it too about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was neg. I received 1.00 let than what I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC).

Interview

IR brings in a lot of contract help for certain projects, but then, let's go of full time PMs and dissolves global PMO department. Uncertain times in reorganization.

Interview Questions

• Managers & interview panel are 'forced' to ask questions from the targeted selection list. STAR format is imperative.
      Examples: Tell me about a time when your standard approach to problem solving didn’t produce the desired solution. What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
      Describe a time when you actively listened to the concerns of others and it changed your opinion. What did you learn? What did you do differently?

Answer Question

Reliability Engineer-mechanical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

Apply, brief HR phone interview mostly to line up a time for an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and people from the group you'll be working with most closely.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based questions in the in-person interview so not too hard, most technical questions were asked by the hiring manager in the phone interview, but even then no rigorous technical questions.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

This was a very formal interview. The sales manager, general manager, and HR director were involved in the interview process. Presentation required for interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked during the interview were mainly behavioral-based questions, which can throw some interviewees off.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Office is really nice, modern decor. Hiring process went smoothly, recruiter was thorough and nice. Worst part was a 4 hour interview. Each 1 hour with different managers. That is pretty ridiculous. I answered the same question 2-3 times and was hoarse at the end from talking!

Receiving Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

It was initially through a career placement agency for military members

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about innovation in the workplace, and lean management practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed 4 times at 1-4 time periods and then they never communicated from that point on.
    My impression was they were unorganized and had managerial structure issues leading to difficulty making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Who was your most difficult manager to work for   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Interview

Interview wasn't bad. The interviewer was nice and put me at ease.