Ingersoll-Rand

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Communications Manager/HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2012.

Standard progressive process: 1) phone interview w/ recruiter; 2) interview w/ hiring manager; 3) panel interviews onsite. The onsite interviews were well coordinated and lasted all day. I met with 8 people and each were assigned a set of behaviors to assess. Yes, that's right, a full-day of behavioral-based interviewing. Once the day wrapped up, I was exhausted, but I had a good feel for the folks I'd be working with, the challenges and if it was a right fit for me. However, in the weeks that followed my day-long interviews, the process seemed to break down. I followed up with both recruiter and manager multiple times on the status of my candidacy, but received no response. This was very disappointing as I had greater expectations of candidate follow-up than what IR provided. Particularly, since I had spent a full day away from my existing job and they had invested in flying me to meet with them. Finally, after five weeks and no communication, I received the obligatory form letter. At this point, I had already moved on and accepted other offers, but at least they offered closure. It's also noteworthy to add that if you do travel and submit an expense report, it takes as long as six weeks to receive payment. In my opinion, this long delay speaks to the company's internal struggles and would make me pause in considering if this is the right place for your career.

I had high hopes for IR, but in the end they let me down. I would be extremely cautious in pursuing opportunities here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing totally unexpected, but many of the interviewers are not completely skilled in behavioral-based interviewing and their questions came across as bumbled, requiring the candidate to clarify what they were asking.   Answer Question

Indirect Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in October 2012.

Phone Interview, then a determination for an in person

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was going through background per submitted resume, salary expectations, and if you had any questions   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in September 2012.

Talked to a recruiter and he get me and interview, I had 2 interviews the fist one was with the LATAM Financial Leader, two weeks after I had the final interview with the Territory VP, the Controller and the LATAM Financial Leader, the I was contacted for my recruiter telling me that I get the job as consultant.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mocksville, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

On-line job application
    In person panel interview with ten questions between panel ( tell us about a problem you had with a former manager) etc.
    Job offer letter to be returned in 48 hrs
    Pre-hire physical and drug test

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a boss that tells you to do something you feel is wrong   Answer Question
    You can negotiate the hourly rate of 15.83 as a base up to 20.00 pending experience, Vacation is also negotiable to get at least 2 weeks even if you start in mid year

Commodity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in August 2012.

This was a very awesome process. The way it worked is a recruiter calls you after they receive a large number of applications and at this point if you get a call, they are somewhat interested. They give you a brief run down on the phone screen and find out about you and then comes time for the back-to-back panel interviews. Three people sit on a panel and they grill you on technical questions and a few STAR questions. All in all, just be yourself and you'll do well.

Interview Questions
    For an entry level job like this, there isn't much of a negotiation phase. They extend the offer over the phone via the hiring manager and you either accept it or they give it to someone else.

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

3 Part Process - Career fair discussion, 1 on 1 interview, formal interview at headquarters

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mocksville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in June 2012.

The communication with HR was fast after I submitted a reume online. I was immediately offered a skills test to be taken at my convenience. After passing, tried to interview that day with shop fore mans, but they were busy. The HR ladies wee organized, patient, and truthfully, nice and good looking. Tresses me with respect and seemed to go the extra mile looking for an interview with the shops the day of the test. Overall, I was pleased and left confident.

Interview Questions
    • Are y familiar with metric system and hand tools?   View Answer

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in May 2012.

Contacted by company recruiter and phone interviewed extensively. I had opportunity to ask questions and give thoughtful answers. In several days I was contacted by the hiring manager and interviewed over the phone. The process was well-paced and I feel that I received straight-forward answers to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • No really tough questions beyond what you would typically prepare for, "What is your greatest weakness?" etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in April 2012.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter which was extremely helpful in preparing me for the official phone interview with the hiring director. He didn't prep me for the interview but gave me enough information to make it beneficial to both me and the interviewing party. The director that interviewed me asked very clear questions and provided answers to many questions that I brought with me. He was friendly, but direct. I appreciated his honesty throughout the interview. He told me that I didn't have enough sales experience, but that he felt as though I would fit in well with the company. After the interview, the recruiter contacted me to let me know that the director was interested in me regarding another position within the company. However, this never seemed to come to a conclusion. I did receive another e-mail from the director with a link to another job position, but I never heard anything else.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that moving from a public organization to a private organization will go smoothly for you?   View Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in March 2012.

Temp to hire in a different position led to job offer in newly created position. I was offered the job but was required to go through interview process although I don't know if there were any other applicants. Pretty standard interview, in my opinion it was a formality. The company did a background check and drug screen and I began the job immediately. I was not given any training and it was (and continues to be) trial by fire.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very standard and nothing that struck me as unusual or difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation invited, it was offered and accepted. I will say I am disappointed that in reality the incentive pay was described inaccurately.