Ingersoll-Rand

Ingersoll-Rand Project Manager Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

IR brings in a lot of contract help for certain projects, but then, let's go of full time PMs and dissolves global PMO department. Uncertain times in reorganization.

Interview Questions
  • Managers & interview panel are 'forced' to ask questions from the targeted selection list. STAR format is imperative.
    Examples: Tell me about a time when your standard approach to problem solving didn’t produce the desired solution. What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
    Describe a time when you actively listened to the concerns of others and it changed your opinion. What did you learn? What did you do differently?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll-Rand

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed 4 times at 1-4 time periods and then they never communicated from that point on.
    My impression was they were unorganized and had managerial structure issues leading to difficulty making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Who was your most difficult manager to work for   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand.

The first perception that I got about the company was that it cared about where their employees came from, where they are now, and where they are going in their careers. My second perception was that they care about the well-being of their employees. The interview was one in which you have to make sure that you know what you're talking about and be flexible in what you are able to do for the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your background fits with the current program that you're going to be hired for?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. I got exactly what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in June 2010.

Behavioral Based interview with questions for HR

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to implement a new process and failed.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingersoll-Rand in March 2012.

Phone screening with Trane recruiter that was very professional and well prepared.