Ingersoll Rand Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

Engineering Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

A lot of behavioral questions as well as questions based off my resume. Asking for elaboration and how I could apply it to the internship. Mostly behavioral questions, teamwork type stuff..

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been on a team and someone was not pulling there weight? How did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

Sales Engineer Interview

I had got an interview by attending the career fair at my college. The next day I had an on campus interview with a sales manager and a representative from hr. The interview process was roughly 45 minutes and asked many questions relating to sales and human interaction. Both interviewers were great and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • If your last employer could name one negative thing about you what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand.

Meet at career fair, applied online.

Interview Questions

Got a offer with a more desirable location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in September 2007.

This interview may have been speciic to my superior, not sure if all IR interviews are taylored this way. After a phone screen I did a poweroint presentation on myself. Sounds bad, but looking back it was one o the most straight forward interviews ever as I talked about all my pluses rather than try to answer a bunch of stupid questions! I then interviewed with 3 office staff one on one, then a phone interview with the regional manager, then a phone interview with the national HR person, then 2 wks later a job offer. I did do a drug test, credit wasnt a factor as I was recently divorced and credit challenged, no personalisis test.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral type questions: given this scenario what would you do? What was the best job you had , the best part? What is your weakness? Do you like to learn new technical ideas?   Answer Question
    Dont negotiate salary,

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2012.

Asked pretty basic interview questions, including: Why Trane? What do you know about Trane/HVAC? Do you see yourself staying in one company for a long time? Tell me about a time you had to persuade a group member to do something? How would you go about motivating a team to finish a project on time?

Sales Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in October 2011.

The interview had a two day process. The first day was just an overview of the company, where you got the chance to talk with past employees about their experiences and what they thought of the job. A tip for this part is to not be afraid to order a beer when talking with the employees over dinner because it shows confidence.
    On the second day there were two types of interview. The first was a self presentation where we were told to "brag" about our past accomplishments and the second interview was your standard interview where they fired questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find interesting about sales?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingersoll Rand in January 2010.

Powerpoint presentation on yourself giving history and details of experiences

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in this circumstance?   View Answer