Ingeus

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.4

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ingeus in November 2014.

I should have trusted my instincts and not wasted my time in going for interview. I was initially invited to interview and turned up at the Head Office but after waiting for 20 minutes was advised that neither of the panel members were there (one due to sickness, no reason was given for the absence of the Area Director). After a phone interview I was persuaded to arrange a second date for an interview (this time with a member of HR rather than the Area Director) . The interview felt extremely 'artifical' rather than a genuine discussion and it was impossible to get a good feel for the role.

Very predictable competency based questions 'can you give me an example of....' with some rather odd (and basic) hypothetical scenarios which I haven't experienced at interview in recent years. I was surprised at the 2 dimensional nature of the interview for a senior role and the number of hypothetical questions asked, which are not a good indicator of potential job performance.

I was never advised of the outcome of the interview which is particularly poor practice in any role, let alone when interviewing HR professionals.

Employment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingeus.

Interviewed by two managers who were scruffy and had difficulty making eye contact. I had more managerial experience than they did so I was doomed from the start !! They played the good cop bad cop scenario during the4 role play, which was actually ridiculous.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingeus in August 2011.

Approached by a recruiter. Agreed on interview date. They miscommunicated the first and second one. So, I was interviewed by phone by HR Manager from the company.
    After the interview I was required to complete a math and psychometric test.
    Received the offer one day later.

Did not negotiate.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingeus in April 2011.

It was smooth and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What are five leadership traits that are important to you?   Answer Question

The offer was not attractive relative to what I'm making.

Group Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingeus in November 2009.

Initial communication was via the agency Hays. There was just over 24 hours notice until my interview in Birmingham for a Nottingham based job. I was requested prepare a training session for 30 minutes duration. The topic was "Communication Skills". I also needed to prepare a lesson plan and scheme of work, as well as my presentation and handouts. This is attended by 2/3 members of staff (a combination of HR Managers & Contract Managers).

This was then followed by a 1-2-1 or dual person interview (it can vary). General questions based on training experience, knowledge of the sector, previous job roles etc. Nothing too taxing by any means but not alot given away either!

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the "Welfare to work" sector?   View Answer
    I was not needed to negotiate as they offered me the top end of the pay scale advertised.This is standard practice for this role. This was all done via the agency 4 days after my inerview for a start date 5 days later!!!