Ingeus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Employment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus.

Interview

Online application which consisted of completing all personal details, attaching CV, attaching a Cover Letter answering 3 questions and outlining what you would implement to assist long term unemployed person into employment, followed by an online assessment answering multiple choice questions in how you would support clients into work. Telephone Interview scheduled with explanation into more detail of the role, followed by competency based questions and role play of a challenging client scenario In office panel interview, based on first time restricted viewing a video of a challenging client, then creating a CV for this client, followed by questions relating to how you created this CV and would subsequently support them into work, then followed by role play with an interviewer playing the part of challenging client and finally finishing in competency and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to assist someone with no paid work experience enter sustainable employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - phone call with offer of employment

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process was a telephone interview with an recruiter from Alex Mann recruitment. This lasted about 30 minutes. The first section of the telephone interview was answering some questions about Ingeus, asking me what I knew about the company and the services they offer and the role of the employment advisor. The second part of the phone call was a role play - I played the role of an employment advisor, and the interviewer played the role of a client who had missed her appointment with me. She was 20 minutes late. I had to call her and try to convince her to come in for another appointment, and she was very unwilling to do so. The last part of the telephone interview was asking me some competency questions about myself and why I wanted the role. I would say the telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes in total and I found out about a week later that I had been invited for face to face interview. The second part of the recruitment stage was an invitation for a face to face interview. One of the recruiters from Alex Mann called me before the interview, to explain to me what format the interview would take, which was very helpful and allowed me to prepare for it. It was made up of 3 parts. When I arrived at Ingeus for the interview, I was shown to a computer and asked to watch a video of a "client", and then make a CV for this client. I was given pen and paper to take notes. The video lasts about 5 minutes, and I would recommend watching it twice if you feel you have the time. The Once you are finished the CV, the interviewer will ask you about the client and the CV you have created, and what types of jobs you feel would be good for this client, so be prepared to defend/explain your CV. Once this stage was over, the second part was a role play. You are given 10 minutes to prepare for this part. You have to imagine that you are about to have your second appointment with a new client. However the client is VERY reluctant to find work. They live at home, and have lived on benefits for many years, as have their parents. So they have no real desire to find work. You have to try and convince them to try and come to more than the mandatory once-a-fortnight appointments. One of the interviewers (I had two) will play the role of the client. Be prepared for them to be incredibly reluctant and blunt in their role. After the role play there is a short interview, I only got asked 2 questions - one was an example of a time when I have dealt with the unexpected whilst working towards targets, and the other was to give an example of a time when I have prioritized my workload. Ingeus have told me that they will let me know within the next week if I have been successful or not. However given the reviews that I have read on here, and other websites, I am not sure if it is the right company for me. The starting salary they are offering is £20,000, so definitely very good compared to others. However it does appear to be a VERY target driven role, which I am not sure about. However I have to say that everyone that I encountered throughout the whole process so far have been friendly and polite. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have dealt with the unexpected whilst working towards targets   Answer Question

Employer Partnership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Cross, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingeus (Kings Cross, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very structured interview. Lots of competency questions. The interviewers are cherpy but very professional. You have to explain how you overcome several different negative situations. The interview can get quite tense and nerve racking, especially if you haven't prepared or looked into the company and role.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I should have trusted my instincts and not wasted my time in going for interview. I was initially invited to interview and turned up at the Head Office but after waiting for 20 minutes was advised that neither of the panel members were there (one due to sickness, no reason was given for the absence of the Area Director). After a phone interview I was persuaded to arrange a second date for an interview (this time with a member of HR rather than the Area Director) . The interview felt extremely 'artifical' rather than a genuine discussion and it was impossible to get a good feel for the role. Very predictable competency based questions 'can you give me an example of....' with some rather odd (and basic) hypothetical scenarios which I haven't experienced at interview in recent years. I was surprised at the 2 dimensional nature of the interview for a senior role and the number of hypothetical questions asked, which are not a good indicator of potential job performance. I was never advised of the outcome of the interview which is particularly poor practice in any role, let alone when interviewing HR professionals.

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit CV and covering letter which had to include answers to 3 questions, online situational test, telephone interview, 2 face to face interviews, one of which included practical exercise and role play exercise. Did not feel that the interviewers gave me sufficient opportunity to demonstrate competency due to restricted scope of questions.

Employment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers who were scruffy and had difficulty making eye contact. I had more managerial experience than they did so I was doomed from the start !! They played the good cop bad cop scenario during the4 role play, which was actually ridiculous.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus in April 2012.

Interview

A recruitment agency put me forward for the role. Next stage was completing an online psychometric test to assess my maths skills. Face to face interview was at the office with the operations manager and someone from HR. The recruitment agency let me know a few days later that I was successful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? (Make sure you read about them quite thoroughly.)   Answer Question

Employer Partnership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

telephone screen lasting 30-40 minutes discussing your cv and why you are sutible for the role. Face to face started with a role play where you are to sell the benefits of Ingeus to a prospective employer, given 10 minutes preparation time. task took 20 minutes after prep time. hr and hiring manager competence based questions regarding new business development and account management lasting around 30 minutes.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in August 2011.

Interview

Approached by a recruiter. Agreed on interview date. They miscommunicated the first and second one. So, I was interviewed by phone by HR Manager from the company. After the interview I was required to complete a math and psychometric test. Received the offer one day later.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingeus in April 2011.

Interview

It was smooth and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What are five leadership traits that are important to you?   Answer Question

The offer was not attractive relative to what I'm making.