Ingles Markets

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Covington, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired 2 and a half years before being promoted to this position. The hiring/interview process to get in the door at Ingles was VERY easy. Show the hiring manager that you are willing to work, and the rest is up to them. As far as a CSM, this is a promotion based position. Show you know your stuff, and can deal with stressful situations, and you will be on your way to making a great CSM

Interview Question – No interview questions besides availability and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was permitted. Someone who is taking this position does need to make sure that they are giving you at least a starting rate at what you feel you are worth.

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview lasted for about an hour. After the interview it took about two weeks for me to hear something back. I was hired. It then took two weeks to get results of drug test. There was no negotiating salary. Either you take it or they move on.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!