Ingles Markets

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

Negotiation Details – None I remember

Starbucks Barista Interview

Starbucks Barista
Clarkesville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Stock Clerk Interview

Stock Clerk
Belton, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Question – Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lenoir City, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Interview Details – Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Question – None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Lake Lure, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Interview Details – Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Question – none, very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Ingles Markets

Interview Details – I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Question – Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2012.

Interview Details – you have to keep nagging them, they forget you easily i had to stay on the manager for 2 months before i got hired. after your hired you go in sign a bunch a papers. they drug test you with the oral drug test. you go change.

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Greensboro, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I met with management to turn in my application. A week later I went back and inquired about it and they said they were actually about to call me. So an interview was setup on the spot. I did have to take a drug test.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult from what I remember. Just the standard "How will you contribute?" etc...   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details – It was very easy. I just went in to the store and inquired about jobs. The manager took my number and then called me back to set up an appointment.

They basically look at you and if you seem like a respectable person they give you some paper work to fill out. If you dont have a felony then you are guaranteed a job.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a felony/committed a misdemeanor?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingles Markets interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ingles Markets employees and interview candidates.