Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.3

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2008.

Interview

manager 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• can you work weekends   1 Answer
    • do you have transportation from high school to work   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets in January 2011.

Interview

It was typical of a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where a customer made you uncomfortable. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Belton, SC).

Interview

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Covington, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired 2 and a half years before being promoted to this position. The hiring/interview process to get in the door at Ingles was VERY easy. Show the hiring manager that you are willing to work, and the rest is up to them. As far as a CSM, this is a promotion based position. Show you know your stuff, and can deal with stressful situations, and you will be on your way to making a great CSM

Interview Questions

• No interview questions besides availability and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was permitted. Someone who is taking this position does need to make sure that they are giving you at least a starting rate at what you feel you are worth.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have deli experience?   1 Answer

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Clarkesville, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Cumming, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very informal. We sat in the cafe, she asked me where I go to school , the amount of hours I want , how much i wanna be paid , & my availability .

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for cashier and was contacted a week later by the Assistant Manager to come in for an interview. She was very nice and offered me a choice between cashier or a Deli position due to my retail background. It was an easy interview. She asked why I wanted to work for the company, why I left my last job, how long I expected to work there and availability, but it was mostly focused on my experience. She gave me a detailed description of the job and what would be expected of me. I was pleasantly surprised by the starting salary. Like all retail, experiences vary by store location but I had a good one at this store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Morristown, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process was good, it was very easy, they ask you basic math questions and they ask you some personality questions but it is a pretty informal interview and its great for afirst time job

Interview Questions

• they asked me some basic math questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate my starting pay which was at first minimum wage but i got about 8 an hour instead of the 7.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

I brought in my application. There wasn't much of an interview or maybe there was, but the hiring manager was very casual. I got hired the same day, looked through the employee information binder and started training right after that. This was my first job. I had no resume; I think I got hired right away because I had a friend who worked there.