Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

1.4

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2008.

manager 1 on 1

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in January 2011.

It was typical of a company this size.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where a customer made you uncomfortable. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

I was hired 2 and a half years before being promoted to this position. The hiring/interview process to get in the door at Ingles was VERY easy. Show the hiring manager that you are willing to work, and the rest is up to them. As far as a CSM, this is a promotion based position. Show you know your stuff, and can deal with stressful situations, and you will be on your way to making a great CSM

Interview Questions
    • No interview questions besides availability and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was permitted. Someone who is taking this position does need to make sure that they are giving you at least a starting rate at what you feel you are worth.

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarkesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

None I remember

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in October 2011.

If you get asked to come into the store for an interview you pretty much get the job if you are decently dressed and not in something ridiculous. I did not have a interview they called and said that I was offered a job if I wanted to accept it.

Lead Cutter Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2010.

The interview was more over money than any thing else. The store manager was a pig and had a very strong disreguard for women. No employer questions concearning the job I had applied for.

Very tense and they do not like paying for decent help.

Frozen Food Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2011.

Applied on-line. I got a call the following day to interview that day. Met with the co-manger and was informed I had to wait on a back ground check. After one week I was informed that I had passed the check and could start immediately.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. This what we pay

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!