Ingles Markets

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews

Bagger Interview

Bagger

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2008.

Interview Details – manager 1 on 1

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was typical of a company this size.

Interview Question – Think of a time where a customer made you uncomfortable. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Covington, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired 2 and a half years before being promoted to this position. The hiring/interview process to get in the door at Ingles was VERY easy. Show the hiring manager that you are willing to work, and the rest is up to them. As far as a CSM, this is a promotion based position. Show you know your stuff, and can deal with stressful situations, and you will be on your way to making a great CSM

Interview Question – No interview questions besides availability and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was permitted. Someone who is taking this position does need to make sure that they are giving you at least a starting rate at what you feel you are worth.

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you have deli experience?   View Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Stock Clerk
Belton, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Question – Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Starbucks Barista
Clarkesville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

Negotiation Details – None I remember

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Lake Lure, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Interview Details – Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Question – none, very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lenoir City, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Interview Details – Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Question – None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingles Markets interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ingles Markets employees and interview candidates.