Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

1.4

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2008.

manager 1 on 1

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets in January 2011.

It was typical of a company this size.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where a customer made you uncomfortable. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

I was hired 2 and a half years before being promoted to this position. The hiring/interview process to get in the door at Ingles was VERY easy. Show the hiring manager that you are willing to work, and the rest is up to them. As far as a CSM, this is a promotion based position. Show you know your stuff, and can deal with stressful situations, and you will be on your way to making a great CSM

Interview Questions
    • No interview questions besides availability and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was permitted. Someone who is taking this position does need to make sure that they are giving you at least a starting rate at what you feel you are worth.

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in September 2014.

I applied online for cashier and was contacted a week later by the Assistant Manager to come in for an interview. She was very nice and offered me a choice between cashier or a Deli position due to my retail background. It was an easy interview. She asked why I wanted to work for the company, why I left my last job, how long I expected to work there and availability, but it was mostly focused on my experience. She gave me a detailed description of the job and what would be expected of me. I was pleasantly surprised by the starting salary. Like all retail, experiences vary by store location but I had a good one at this store.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2014.

I applied online, heard from the floor manager 4 days later. He brought me in for an interview. They sit you down in the deli area to interview. Very casual, laid back interview. They ask what grocery store experience you have and what you would like to do. I was asked if I would like to work as a cashier, bakery clerk, or deli clerk. I chose deli clerk because it had the best pay and most open hours. They only offered 24 hours per week. He brought the Deli Manager over to meet me. They told me I would be started off at a higher rate of pay because I had 10 years grocery store experience. They told me to watch my email to complete the hiring paperwork. I received the email a day later and was given an offer of $8 per hour. I declined the position at that point.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just a few questions about your experience and what you would like to do..   Answer Question

I was only offered $8 per hour despite having 10 years grocery store experience

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Lure, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Lure, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Questions
    cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Questions
    • None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question
    No negotiation