Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

1.3

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview lasted for about an hour. After the interview it took about two weeks for me to hear something back. I was hired. It then took two weeks to get results of drug test. There was no negotiating salary. Either you take it or they move on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Stocker Interview

Interview

I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview

I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

Negotiation

None I remember

Anything, Accepted Deli At 8 50$ Per Hour PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets (West Asheville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

very simple casual conversational interview. Made sure I had transport, checked my availability, asked about food service experience/retail. The interviewer left me with an assistant manager, whom I chatted with, while she sent my acceptance email to me. Came back the next monday, to sign papers, did a spit drug test. Much less embarrassing/messy than the usual shtick. Training days later, very early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Greenville, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeneville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Greeneville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

I filled out the application, submitted a resume and was told that I would be contacted by phone if they had an opening. I was contacted two weeks later and the manager asked me to come in to complete a drug test and set up a schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work 7 days a week 24 hours a day?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any physical restrictions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told the starting wage was $7.50 an hour. I needed the job, so I accepted the job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Morristown, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, heard from the floor manager 4 days later. He brought me in for an interview. They sit you down in the deli area to interview. Very casual, laid back interview. They ask what grocery store experience you have and what you would like to do. I was asked if I would like to work as a cashier, bakery clerk, or deli clerk. I chose deli clerk because it had the best pay and most open hours. They only offered 24 hours per week. He brought the Deli Manager over to meet me. They told me I would be started off at a higher rate of pay because I had 10 years grocery store experience. They told me to watch my email to complete the hiring paperwork. I received the email a day later and was given an offer of $8 per hour. I declined the position at that point.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, just a few questions about your experience and what you would like to do..   Answer Question

I was only offered $8 per hour despite having 10 years grocery store experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boiling Springs, Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Boiling Springs, Spartanburg, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

got call for interview and got hired after manager explained the job then sent me an email and said if i wanted the job to accept the email offer. was then called back in to do paper work and drug test and also got my official start date and 2 shirts and apron

Interview Questions

• would this be a place you could see yourself working ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Basic if any at all. Submit resume, hope to get called, ask to come in for orientation. Maybe was asked if I had any previous experience with cash handling. I got the job by talking to the store manager and had a relative working at the place. There isnt really a interview if you are applying for cashier or bagger, other positions do from what I hear.

Interview Questions

• Have any experience with a register?   1 Answer