Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

1.4

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview lasted for about an hour. After the interview it took about two weeks for me to hear something back. I was hired. It then took two weeks to get results of drug test. There was no negotiating salary. Either you take it or they move on.

No negotiating.

Stocker Interview

I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Lure, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Lure, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Questions
    cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenoir City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Questions
    • None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer
    They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Meat Wrapper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spruce Pine, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spruce Pine, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in February 2009.

Was contacted initially by the market manager for a job I had not applied for, but was vacant and in need of immediate filling. The market manager was polite and seemed interested in what I was saying, explained the requirements of the job, and what I could typically expect as far as hours and duties.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions; very straight-forward interview   Answer Question
    At the time, I was offered $9.50 an hour to start, which was a $2 raise from the job I was leaving; I needed no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conyers, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2012.

Very Easy. Asked about previous work experience and availability

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ellenwood, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenwood, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Very easy, and straight forward. took about at least 15 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult simple questions like
      1. What made you apply here at Ingles?
      2. Do you have transportation?
      3. Whats your availability?
      4. Are you a friendly person?
        Answer Question

Warehouse Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Black Mountain, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Black Mountain, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2007.

It was a very very short waste of my time that included a short 1:1 interview, a drug test, and a background test. It is required that ALL of their employees be subject to an initial drug test in their own labs, and random drug tests throughout the employment term.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was really there. They asked very few questions and said we'll have someone show you around, welcome to Ingles Markets.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!