Ingles Markets

24 candidate interviews

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Ingles Markets

Interview Details – I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Question – Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview lasted for about an hour. After the interview it took about two weeks for me to hear something back. I was hired. It then took two weeks to get results of drug test. There was no negotiating salary. Either you take it or they move on.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details – I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

Negotiation Details – None I remember

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Easley, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in October 2011.

Interview Details – If you get asked to come into the store for an interview you pretty much get the job if you are decently dressed and not in something ridiculous. I did not have a interview they called and said that I was offered a job if I wanted to accept it.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions   Answer Question

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Lake Lure, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Interview Details – Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Question – none, very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Lenoir City, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Interview Details – Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Question – None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Lead Cutter Interview

Lead Cutter

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was more over money than any thing else. The store manager was a pig and had a very strong disreguard for women. No employer questions concearning the job I had applied for.

Negotiation Details – Very tense and they do not like paying for decent help.

Frozen Food Manager Interview

Frozen Food Manager
Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. I got a call the following day to interview that day. Met with the co-manger and was informed I had to wait on a back ground check. After one week I was informed that I had passed the check and could start immediately.

Interview Question – none asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. This what we pay

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details – It was very easy. I just went in to the store and inquired about jobs. The manager took my number and then called me back to set up an appointment.

They basically look at you and if you seem like a respectable person they give you some paper work to fill out. If you dont have a felony then you are guaranteed a job.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a felony/committed a misdemeanor?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!