Ingles Markets

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

1.4

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

Fill out application online, then if the manager wants to hire you then they call you and you go in for a interview. Then he or she will tell you they will call you and when they call you, they have to send you a job offer via email address you used to apply. so have email on hand 24/7 when you get out of interview. After that you will then be required to bring in your driver license and social. and then after the next few days you'll be training and during that process a drug test in administered

Interview Questions
    • Questions about money handling, or being able to count money back to a customer. ex: they give you $15.00 dollars for a order that is $4.76. how much do you give back, and without computers you answer, which is $10.24.   Answer Question
    very easy, simple as them asking if you want the job and you say yes

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2014.

I applied online, heard from the floor manager 4 days later. He brought me in for an interview. They sit you down in the deli area to interview. Very casual, laid back interview. They ask what grocery store experience you have and what you would like to do. I was asked if I would like to work as a cashier, bakery clerk, or deli clerk. I chose deli clerk because it had the best pay and most open hours. They only offered 24 hours per week. He brought the Deli Manager over to meet me. They told me I would be started off at a higher rate of pay because I had 10 years grocery store experience. They told me to watch my email to complete the hiring paperwork. I received the email a day later and was given an offer of $8 per hour. I declined the position at that point.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just a few questions about your experience and what you would like to do..   Answer Question

I was only offered $8 per hour despite having 10 years grocery store experience

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in September 2014.

I applied online for cashier and was contacted a week later by the Assistant Manager to come in for an interview. She was very nice and offered me a choice between cashier or a Deli position due to my retail background. It was an easy interview. She asked why I wanted to work for the company, why I left my last job, how long I expected to work there and availability, but it was mostly focused on my experience. She gave me a detailed description of the job and what would be expected of me. I was pleasantly surprised by the starting salary. Like all retail, experiences vary by store location but I had a good one at this store.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets in October 2011.

If you get asked to come into the store for an interview you pretty much get the job if you are decently dressed and not in something ridiculous. I did not have a interview they called and said that I was offered a job if I wanted to accept it.

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

None I remember

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer
    They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Questions
    • None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question
    No negotiation