Ingram Barge

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Svc Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingram Barge in June 2011.

I was told about a position at the company by an acquantance who agreed to forward my resume to the hiring manager. As a follow up, I attempted to submit and application throught the companies web site but the site kept locking up at the sreeens where I had to answer numerous questions about my work history. This was very annoying because I had spent a good 20-30 minutes trying to give very detailed work history information just to have the page error out when I clicked next and I lost all that information.
I was called a few weeks later by the HR department and set up with an interview. The person made the interview for the following Monday (almost a week later). I thought that was odd but agreed with it. Then I get a call from the interviewing manager on my cell phone on Friday wondering why I am not at the phone number I gave for the interview. My plan was to spend the weekend learning about the company and preparing for possible interview questions. So I was totally caught off guard when I was in the middle of the hardware store with my three kids, trying to get parts for a broken toilet and was totally unprepared for an interview. They confirmed the mistake was made by their HR and then rescheduled (I had a bad feeling about this mistake, though totally not my fault).
When the phone interview was conducted I appologized about not being prepared to interview when they called and they seemed to be OK with it.. There were two managers on the phone. The first one asked me about my work history and I have him my background. Half-way through the interview, he said he had a meeting to go to and passed the questioning off to the other manager. Her only questions were where did I live and what shifts I would like to work. I told her I lived in the next town over and I preferred late moring but would work any time they needed me. I asked her if she had any specific questions about my resume that needed to be clarified. To my surprise she stated that she had not looked at my resume yet and they would do that the following week. I really felt like I wasn't given fair shot at this position and if anything I was called as only a courtesy to my friend who recommended me to the hiring manager. I also feel like it was very unprofessional for the hiring manager to not block off the appropriate amount of time to speak to me and not to have read through my resume to see what qualificaitons I had for the job and to have specific questions relating to my work experience and how it could apply to this position.

Interview Questions