Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro Analyst II Business Modeling Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Analyst II Business Modeling Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in February 2012.

Typical recruiting process. Applied online, got a phone call from HR for initial screening. She told me that I also could be fitted into business analytics position, so I think I was put into that role maybe. After 1-2 weeks, I was Invited to the on-site interview. Key Sr. Analysts greeted me and got good talks with them. It seems the director and hiring manager want a person with hardcore mathematics or industrial engineering background rather than someone with general knowledge in statistics and business. They deal with millions of data sets, but it seems to me that they only utilize somewhat basic or general tools to get their own insights, far different from what I'm doing in academia. I feel like it's not good fit and so do they I think.

Interview Questions
  • Convert this logistic regression equation to OLS equation.   Answer Question
  • What regression methods do you use?   Answer Question
  • What is Z score? T test? How to interpret P-value?   View Answer
  • What is decision tree? Tell me how you explain limb tree to others?   View Answer
  • What is difference between where and have statement in SQL?   Answer Question