Ingram Micro Associate Marketing Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2011.

Though I withdrew my application after having major difficulties with their HR Department, I wanted to write a review to forewarn those who might consider applying so they know what they might potentially get themselves into.

I applied to the company online. I also had contact with an HR Director through emails because I forwarded her my resume through online professional networking. At first I thought it would be a relatively easy process, since we had corresponded on a Friday and scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Sent her an email confirmation, but come Monday I waited for over an hour for a call from HR and never received a call.

Immediately I sent her an email expressing interest and confusion over our phone interview. Waited two days, received no response, and sent her a follow-up email that day (Wednesday) relating similar sentiments from my first email, but also throwing in that I had contacted her on Monday as well about this. I received a response from her--very informal--saying "Not confirmed ?" and that was it. I was surprised by this response, as it was formatted incorrectly, as you can see, and seemed accusing of me--as if her failure to call during our scheduled time was due to some incompetency on my part. Checking my email correspondences with her, I saw that I had sent her a confirmation email on Friday, and grew confused as to how she did not see this. I explained all of this to her, and we rescheduled for an interview the very next day. I made sure to emphasize my confirmation, sending a reconfirmation email to avoid any further confusion. Again I awoke early, prepared myself, and waited another hour and STILL no phone call. Again I emailed her, reiterating my interest and asking if something had came up and what was going on. She wrote back later in the day, saying that she had called me at the appointed interview time early in the morning, and then accused me of not answering her calls. I had my phone on me all morning long, even called a friend to ask for professional advice after I had sent the HR Director an email inquiring about her not calling, so my service was not down. At this point, I withdrew my application from the process, realizing that I did not want to be a part of a company that treated prospective employees in such a distasteful and unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
  • Again, I did not go through to the interview process because I withdrew, but I wanted to relate my experience with the interview process with this company for others to be aware of.   Answer Question