Ingram Micro

3.1

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

There's an initial phone interview, then if you pass that they will bring you in the office for a second interview. The work culture is good and the people are great.d

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you in depth questions related to your area of expertise   Answer Question
    They make an offer, and you do have a chance to counter

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

Very Straight Forward and Professional. Interviewed by Hr Manager and Hiring Manager. On time, provided a company overview, followed by generic interview questions, tell me about yourself, why would you be a good fit, what can you bring to the company, why Ingram

Tech Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ingram Micro.

first part of interview was very broad tech based. second part was typical interview questions. Technical questions they dont want you to guess on if you dont know. The technical questions are challenging if you are rusty and not up to date completely.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most interesting thing youve read about technology recently   Answer Question

Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

Applied online through indeed.com. Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview 2 days after applying. Had the phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very easy and took about 30 minutes. No difficult questions, just general info about the job and she asked me about my work history. At the end of the interview, she asked to set up an in-person interview and I did; it was set for 2 days after my phone interview. In person interview was a little more advanced. The interviewer (who became my boss) was a little unorthodox and asked a lot of "get to know you" questions about my past and my hobbies so be prepared for that potentially. Was offered the job later that day, no negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to "rally the troops" at a different job, how effective was your motivation tactic? Tell me about a time when your integrity was questioned.   Answer Question
    Recruiter offered me a salary, I asked for a little more, was denied, accepted original offer

Analyst I - Pricing Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

There would be a initial phone interview and then you will have to answer a verbal test and personality test, which will takes you one and a half hour. After this, they will schedual a long group interview. For me, there are more than 11 people join my interview and they will ask all the detail of basic statistics knowledge based on your background and former projects. You need to be very prepared of these knowledges since there questions are all about details of basic principles.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the whole process of logistics regression including the meaning of transformation, relationship and details of evaluation.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

Overall, turned out to be an unpleasant experience and a big waste of time – more than 6 weeks of “processes” and “updates”.
    I had to complete about 6 different interviews, tests and plenty of phone calls that all went “great” and Ingram kept saying – “we remain very interested”. Be careful about understanding words such as “very interested” since they can actually mean nothing at the end.
    The biggest problem with the company’s approach to interviewing is the fact that they will act like your salary expectations are just fine from the very first HR screen and then later in means nothing. That is simply wrong!
    They do play the following games: 1) waiting with comments such as “we are very interested”, 2) keep lowering the “possible offer”, 3) making it look like something is being decided, 4) “you are so great, we are reviewing you for another, better position!” – caution – waiting game again.
    Initially, the HR person was absolutely fine with my salary expectations but somehow, after all “great” interviews, every time he came back with $10-15k lower “possible range”. I felt like I was tested whether I stand my ground and understand the self-worth value. I did remind them about the expectations I have discussed every time, however, the HR person did not act like it essential for me. There should be salary negotiations, but it is unethical to proceed with 6 interviews and make wait to announce a whopping $40k lower “maxing possible base”!! How can you even proceed with a candidate while knowing that “the possible offer” could be completely off ???
    Anyway, after a longer than 2 weeks waiting game, I pushed the recruiter to “update” me on where we stand. He called and stated the following: 1) “the possible offer is $40k less than what I was expecting, 2) if I agree to that number, there will be “no merit pay” – very unusual, 3) “we feel that you can be at a higher level”.
    SO, here was my BIG test of Ingram – I asked “if I were to accept the offer of $40k lower, what is the process and long would it take (we were 6 weeks into the process)”. Behold for the best answer possible!! – “Everyone is ready not to proceed. It would look strange if you were to accept a much lower offer” ????!!!%%%??? Why did you even call and give that much lower number to me??? At that point, after a wasteful 6 weeks of my time, I said farewell Ingram.
    I maybe missing something, but this was a very strange approach to finding a candidate.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2014.

Excellent process with constant updates and all of the information I could want at my fingertips. The tests taken caught me a little off guard, but I like companies that look for actual intelligence.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take tests evaluating my verbal reasoning skills. Some were quite challenging.   Answer Question
    I didn't push for once. I had just come out of a terrible position elsewhere and was a bit too anxious to get started.

Analyst I - Business Modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2014.

Firstly, HR screening. Secondly, interview with hiring manager. Then, 6 - 30min panel interviews from all the teams in the department. If necessary, followed by a panel presentation about any projects you have done. The presentation and q&a usually lasts for one hour.

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2014.

They first contacted me to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview was over an hour long and they recommended me for the Market Development Specialist position in lieu of a position I originally applied for. Then I was given an in-person interview after waiting for 2 weeks for them to call me to set it up. My interview went well. But, it has been over 2 weeks again to get any information.

Interview Questions
    • The questions we basic, but the interview was long. It was approximately an hour.   View Answer

Vendor Marketing Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

One phone Interview followed by an in person interview with the manager, and a final interview with the director/VP of the department. Basic phone interview. The in person interview wasn't too bad, just know your resume and be ready to show how you are different from all the other candidates. For my position, the recruiter told me that there were 4 other candidates already in Que and that my chances were pretty slim. I got the job.

Interview Questions
    All interns get paid the same, not negotiable.