Ingram Micro

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingram Micro in December 2010.

very long draining process. weary by the end. alllll day. 8 hours of interviews, and testing. All for nothing.

Interview Questions
    • whats the difference between a "have" and "where" sql statements   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2011.

Though I withdrew my application after having major difficulties with their HR Department, I wanted to write a review to forewarn those who might consider applying so they know what they might potentially get themselves into.

I applied to the company online. I also had contact with an HR Director through emails because I forwarded her my resume through online professional networking. At first I thought it would be a relatively easy process, since we had corresponded on a Friday and scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Sent her an email confirmation, but come Monday I waited for over an hour for a call from HR and never received a call.

Immediately I sent her an email expressing interest and confusion over our phone interview. Waited two days, received no response, and sent her a follow-up email that day (Wednesday) relating similar sentiments from my first email, but also throwing in that I had contacted her on Monday as well about this. I received a response from her--very informal--saying "Not confirmed ?" and that was it. I was surprised by this response, as it was formatted incorrectly, as you can see, and seemed accusing of me--as if her failure to call during our scheduled time was due to some incompetency on my part. Checking my email correspondences with her, I saw that I had sent her a confirmation email on Friday, and grew confused as to how she did not see this. I explained all of this to her, and we rescheduled for an interview the very next day. I made sure to emphasize my confirmation, sending a reconfirmation email to avoid any further confusion. Again I awoke early, prepared myself, and waited another hour and STILL no phone call. Again I emailed her, reiterating my interest and asking if something had came up and what was going on. She wrote back later in the day, saying that she had called me at the appointed interview time early in the morning, and then accused me of not answering her calls. I had my phone on me all morning long, even called a friend to ask for professional advice after I had sent the HR Director an email inquiring about her not calling, so my service was not down. At this point, I withdrew my application from the process, realizing that I did not want to be a part of a company that treated prospective employees in such a distasteful and unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
    • Again, I did not go through to the interview process because I withdrew, but I wanted to relate my experience with the interview process with this company for others to be aware of.   Answer Question

Analyst I - Pricing Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

There would be a initial phone interview and then you will have to answer a verbal test and personality test, which will takes you one and a half hour. After this, they will schedual a long group interview. For me, there are more than 11 people join my interview and they will ask all the detail of basic statistics knowledge based on your background and former projects. You need to be very prepared of these knowledges since there questions are all about details of basic principles.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the whole process of logistics regression including the meaning of transformation, relationship and details of evaluation.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2014.

Excellent process with constant updates and all of the information I could want at my fingertips. The tests taken caught me a little off guard, but I like companies that look for actual intelligence.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take tests evaluating my verbal reasoning skills. Some were quite challenging.   Answer Question
    I didn't push for once. I had just come out of a terrible position elsewhere and was a bit too anxious to get started.

Tech Support Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ingram Micro.

first part of interview was very broad tech based. second part was typical interview questions. Technical questions they dont want you to guess on if you dont know. The technical questions are challenging if you are rusty and not up to date completely.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most interesting thing youve read about technology recently   Answer Question

Vendor Marketing Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

One phone Interview followed by an in person interview with the manager, and a final interview with the director/VP of the department. Basic phone interview. The in person interview wasn't too bad, just know your resume and be ready to show how you are different from all the other candidates. For my position, the recruiter told me that there were 4 other candidates already in Que and that my chances were pretty slim. I got the job.

Interview Questions
    All interns get paid the same, not negotiable.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in April 2012.

Required several interviews with senior managers and directors. Ultimately an offer was received

There was no negotiation

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2013.

Initially applied online for multiple positions. Received a call and conducted phone interview. Went in to Ingram Micro to take a personality/aptitude test. Had a third meeting to interview with my potential manager. After all of that, had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions
    • You have to be prepared for anything on the personality quiz.   Answer Question

Reporting Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2012.

- started with a text message inviting myself for evaluation
    - filling an application form
    - Written exam tooked 3 hours to complete
    - Behaviorial which took another 1.5 hours
    - a follow text message came from me asking for status update
    - response was received on results and salary package

Interview Questions

Salary package too low , shift is night

CRE Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ingram Micro in February 2013.

GD , Personal Interview , Psychometric test