Ingram Micro

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Getting the Interview

47 candidate interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – I learned about the opportunity from our school's career office. I got an interview invite. They were willing to wait for about a month since I was traveling at that time. The Interview was with two senior managers.

Interview Question – Can you give us examples on how you handled big data.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – While speaking to the manager and his manager, they didn't pay attention to a single thing I was saying. They had their eyes glued to their laptops.

Interview Question – None. There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Business Support Executive Interview

Interviewed at Ingram Micro

Interview Details – There will be three rounds of interview which will be easy one. Candidates attitude is the main concern for the interviewer.

Interview Question – Salary negotiation   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Market Development Specialist
Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – Applied on the IM website, phone interview with a 3rd party hr company, pass the info to the recruiter at IM, in-person interview with hiring manager &hr with computer/personality test on day of interview, 7-10 personal references online review, educational check, background check

Interview Question – When was the last time you had to use integrity?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – Very long. My hiring process took 4 months

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Senior Operation Analyst Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2009.

Interview Details – Ingram Micro is a very straight forward company. My hiring manager is also very straight forward as well. The interview went pretty smooth. All I needed to do is be myself and explained what I can do.

Interview Questions

• One word describing yourself   Answer Question
  • I was applying for a Senior Analyst position. The additional group interview by lower level Analysts was a bit unusual for me.   Answer Question

Marketing Administrator Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied at ingrammicro.com and went through the phone interview, one-on-one interview, panel interview and final interview. The process was straight forward and the interviews were pretty easy compared to some other companies.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult interview question you have ever been asked?   View Answer

Licensing Coordinator Interview

Licensing Coordinator
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2012.

Interview Details – Day 1 - Applied for job and received phone call within an hour for phone interview
Day 2 - Received phone call for job interview following day, HR staff very friendly
Day 3 - Interview - staff were very relaxed and easy to talk to, eased the nerves, and gave a positive outlook on the company and made me really want the job even more.
Day 4 - HR call me just to let me know they're in process of doing reference checks, interview went great, once again staff on phone were very friendly and supportive and I was overwhelmed with how they kept calling me to update on the application process!
Day 5 - Received job offer

Applied for job and had job within 5 days

Interview Question – "What didn't you like about your previous position?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The entire process was very well structured, was constantly being kept up to date with process of application. I was emailed forms to fill out and scan back in. Started job within 2-3 weeks. Negotiation phase was overall a pleasant experience and gave me a good feeling for the job.

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Total of 3 interviews. Make the interviewer comfortable. They are as nervous as you might be. Make a connection and you'll have a great chance.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was a few thousand more than what the recruiter said. If they ask you your salary requirements, give a range instead of a specific number.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Worst HR ever, hands down. Was scheduled for phone interview twice, for two different positions. BOTH times the appointed schedule time came and went with no call from them. I make time ot accomidate a interview and then they reneg on it, very unprofessional. I did however phone interview successfully with them for a different position, it's just your basic screening process with the usualy cheesy questions about your skills & background.

Interview Question – Tell us why you want to work for us   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingram Micro

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingram Micro interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ingram Micro employees and interview candidates.