Ingram Micro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.1

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2015.

I had a phone interview, a 2 person interview and an interview with the director. They asked quite a lot of questions, and some of them were very tricky. Probably one of the hardest interviews I've ever had.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Applied online. The next week I got an email about setting up a phone interview. I set it up for the Friday that week. Typical background and skills questions. The woman told me she would pass my resume onto a manager and I would receive a call the following Monday if they wished to pursue me further. A week and a half went by so I assumed I wasn't advancing. Then I got a call asking me to come in for an in-person interview that Friday. The interviewer was very friendly and I felt that we hit it off. Mostly behavioral questions not too difficult. She told me at the end that she had more interviews the next week but she would make her decision in a week. On the following Monday I got a call to come in for a second interview. This threw me for a loop because I wasn't expecting to hear anything until Friday and the first interviewer never mentioned a second interview so that made me excited that I got the job. I interviewed that Friday. This time the interview was with a different person. It was extremely short at only about a half hour. We spent most of that time on the questions I had for her. At the end she told me she didn't know next steps and HR would be in contact with me, again not sure if this is good or bad. I didn't hear anything the next week so decided to give HR a call a week after my interview. She didn't answer or call me back. Not sure where I stand.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of Ingram Micro what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in December 2014.

The interview have three stages, two phone interviews and one on-site. Phone interviews are not hard, just ask some basic questions and your backgrounds. Onsite Interview need maybe 4 hours, and you need talk with the whole group.

Channel Account Specialist II Interview

you interviewed with two people then a director. i think its different for each person. They asked good questions and challenged me. Then after that they gave you an offer and you had the option to negotiate your salary. There was not a lot of flexibility with the pay though.

AMM Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Had a very positive phone interview, and was told I could expect to hear from HR to set-up an in-person interview. After 2 days, I'm still waiting for that call/email. Not sure if that is good or bad news. Hope I make it to the next interview.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingram Micro in January 2015.

Applied online via their website. I was contacted two days later to schedule a phone screening with the recruiter a week later.

During the phone screening, the recruiter asked me to repeat the information that I'd entered in the application, i.e., what is your highest education level. They also asked for salary requirements up front.

I was told that she'd recommend that I move forward but I didn't hear back for three weeks when I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter then one in person interview with hiring manager. In person interview lasted an hour with very in-depth questions. Most questions you were given a situation and asked how you would respond to it. Also a lot of questions had to deal with how you work within a team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions and customers service based questions.   Answer Question

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ingram Micro in November 2014.

Shift interest, type of pay, orientation date setup, training day setup, information about the company, name of supervisor/lead, type of warehouse, dress code, employee badge pick up, area of employee parking, cafeteria and patio area, time length of meals and breaks, company policies.

Interview Questions
    Take whatever they have available, unless you can't.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

HR phone interview then hiring manager phone interview. Both interviews were pretty standard. Did not get the chance to interview in person which was disappointing. They seemed set on the candidate having specific industry experience even though any intelligent marketing professional could have done the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too difficult. All focused on specific industry experience.   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingram Micro in April 2014.

I had applied for a different position but it was already filled. The recruiter contacted me to conduct a phone interview and then invited me for a in-person interview within a couple of days. I interviewed with my direct manager and with her boss, the Assistant Controller. I immediately clicked with both interviewers as they seemed very interested in what I had to say. They were approachable and professional. The only thing is that it took a while from the time I had my second interview to hearing back from them for an offer letter.