Ingram Micro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Total of 3 interviews. Make the interviewer comfortable. They are as nervous as you might be. Make a connection and you'll have a great chance.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was a few thousand more than what the recruiter said. If they ask you your salary requirements, give a range instead of a specific number.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – While speaking to the manager and his manager, they didn't pay attention to a single thing I was saying. They had their eyes glued to their laptops.

Interview Question – None. There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Market Development Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR rep. Interview with hiring Manager. Panel Interview with two Managers and Director, written skills test and then a background check. Thought the overall process was simple and straight-forward. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice.

Interview Question – What is the biggest misconception about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Market Development Specialist Interview

Market Development Specialist
Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details – Applied on the IM website, phone interview with a 3rd party hr company, pass the info to the recruiter at IM, in-person interview with hiring manager &hr with computer/personality test on day of interview, 7-10 personal references online review, educational check, background check

Interview Question – When was the last time you had to use integrity?   Answer Question

IS Security Analyst Interview

IS Security Analyst
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email regarding the position a week after I submitted my application online. I was then scheduled for a phone interview the following day. After another week, I got a positive response from the phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview the week following. During this interview, I met one-on-one with persons in my work field at the Analyst, Senior Analyst, and Director levels. Afterwards, I was asked to complete a computer-based test/survey where I was asked professional and personality questions. I received an informal offer at the end of the month, followed by a formal offer a couple days later, which I accepted.

Interview Question – What are some skills that you're not good at?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the 3rd party HR company, did phone interview, 1:1 interview and received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - the pay scales are pretty much set with no room for negotiating.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingram Micro in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with potential supervisor and recruiter. They made me take a online test and after that I was dismissed. Interview went well and supervisor liked me but never got back to me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Worst HR ever, hands down. Was scheduled for phone interview twice, for two different positions. BOTH times the appointed schedule time came and went with no call from them. I make time ot accomidate a interview and then they reneg on it, very unprofessional. I did however phone interview successfully with them for a different position, it's just your basic screening process with the usualy cheesy questions about your skills & background.

Interview Question – Tell us why you want to work for us   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Santa Ana, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2011.

Interview Details – i sumbitted my application online and got a response with in 2 weeks. Had a good phone interview with a recruiter and he mentioned that I could be a good fit for a couple of position they have available. First I phone interviewed with a manager who asked some very tough industry questions. he feedback I recieved was that they were looking to hire someone in Buffalo not California. So I intervied for another psoition in CA. Went in face to face, had a good meeting and then I took a skills/personality test. I also have anoter interview for a different position scheduled for the following week. After I took the test, I was told I was passed over for the job I came in for. For the 3rd position, interview was cancelled. I later found out that they rely on the Unicur personality test. The results will give you either a Red, Green, or Yellow flag. If you don't answer the questions right and you get a red flag, then forget about it. They will not touch you with a 50-ft pole. do your research so that you can answer the questions the right way.

Interview Question – Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Santa Ana, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2011.

Interview Details – After initial screening interviews with HR and a hiring manager, I was invited for an all day office visit. During the visit I was interviewed by 4 different decision makers - with some inviting me for a conversation more than once. The questions were based on case studies, technical knowledge, professional background, personal preferences, and critical and strategic thinking. Overall, it was a challenging yet rewarding experience.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   Answer Question