Ingram Micro

3.1

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2012.

Initial phone interview with HR rep. Interview with hiring Manager. Panel Interview with two Managers and Director, written skills test and then a background check. Thought the overall process was simple and straight-forward. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice.

no negotation

Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro.

Applied on the IM website, phone interview with a 3rd party hr company, pass the info to the recruiter at IM, in-person interview with hiring manager &hr with computer/personality test on day of interview, 7-10 personal references online review, educational check, background check

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in April 2012.

Required several interviews with senior managers and directors. Ultimately an offer was received

There was no negotiation

IS Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2012.

I received an email regarding the position a week after I submitted my application online. I was then scheduled for a phone interview the following day. After another week, I got a positive response from the phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview the week following. During this interview, I met one-on-one with persons in my work field at the Analyst, Senior Analyst, and Director levels. Afterwards, I was asked to complete a computer-based test/survey where I was asked professional and personality questions. I received an informal offer at the end of the month, followed by a formal offer a couple days later, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What are some skills that you're not good at?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingram Micro in December 2011.

Interview with potential supervisor and recruiter. They made me take a online test and after that I was dismissed. Interview went well and supervisor liked me but never got back to me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2011.

i sumbitted my application online and got a response with in 2 weeks. Had a good phone interview with a recruiter and he mentioned that I could be a good fit for a couple of position they have available. First I phone interviewed with a manager who asked some very tough industry questions. he feedback I recieved was that they were looking to hire someone in Buffalo not California. So I intervied for another psoition in CA. Went in face to face, had a good meeting and then I took a skills/personality test. I also have anoter interview for a different position scheduled for the following week. After I took the test, I was told I was passed over for the job I came in for. For the 3rd position, interview was cancelled. I later found out that they rely on the Unicur personality test. The results will give you either a Red, Green, or Yellow flag. If you don't answer the questions right and you get a red flag, then forget about it. They will not touch you with a 50-ft pole. do your research so that you can answer the questions the right way.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2011.

After initial screening interviews with HR and a hiring manager, I was invited for an all day office visit. During the visit I was interviewed by 4 different decision makers - with some inviting me for a conversation more than once. The questions were based on case studies, technical knowledge, professional background, personal preferences, and critical and strategic thinking. Overall, it was a challenging yet rewarding experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Worst HR ever, hands down. Was scheduled for phone interview twice, for two different positions. BOTH times the appointed schedule time came and went with no call from them. I make time ot accomidate a interview and then they reneg on it, very unprofessional. I did however phone interview successfully with them for a different position, it's just your basic screening process with the usualy cheesy questions about your skills & background.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Total of 3 interviews. Make the interviewer comfortable. They are as nervous as you might be. Make a connection and you'll have a great chance.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was a few thousand more than what the recruiter said. If they ask you your salary requirements, give a range instead of a specific number.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2011.

Applied online, got a call from the 3rd party HR company, did phone interview, 1:1 interview and received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - the pay scales are pretty much set with no room for negotiating.