Ingram Micro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in September 2011.

After initial screening interviews with HR and a hiring manager, I was invited for an all day office visit. During the visit I was interviewed by 4 different decision makers - with some inviting me for a conversation more than once. The questions were based on case studies, technical knowledge, professional background, personal preferences, and critical and strategic thinking. Overall, it was a challenging yet rewarding experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Worst HR ever, hands down. Was scheduled for phone interview twice, for two different positions. BOTH times the appointed schedule time came and went with no call from them. I make time ot accomidate a interview and then they reneg on it, very unprofessional. I did however phone interview successfully with them for a different position, it's just your basic screening process with the usualy cheesy questions about your skills & background.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in August 2011.

Total of 3 interviews. Make the interviewer comfortable. They are as nervous as you might be. Make a connection and you'll have a great chance.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was a few thousand more than what the recruiter said. If they ask you your salary requirements, give a range instead of a specific number.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in July 2011.

Applied online, got a call from the 3rd party HR company, did phone interview, 1:1 interview and received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - the pay scales are pretty much set with no room for negotiating.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingram Micro in June 2011.

Though I withdrew my application after having major difficulties with their HR Department, I wanted to write a review to forewarn those who might consider applying so they know what they might potentially get themselves into.

I applied to the company online. I also had contact with an HR Director through emails because I forwarded her my resume through online professional networking. At first I thought it would be a relatively easy process, since we had corresponded on a Friday and scheduled for a phone interview on Monday. Sent her an email confirmation, but come Monday I waited for over an hour for a call from HR and never received a call.

Immediately I sent her an email expressing interest and confusion over our phone interview. Waited two days, received no response, and sent her a follow-up email that day (Wednesday) relating similar sentiments from my first email, but also throwing in that I had contacted her on Monday as well about this. I received a response from her--very informal--saying "Not confirmed ?" and that was it. I was surprised by this response, as it was formatted incorrectly, as you can see, and seemed accusing of me--as if her failure to call during our scheduled time was due to some incompetency on my part. Checking my email correspondences with her, I saw that I had sent her a confirmation email on Friday, and grew confused as to how she did not see this. I explained all of this to her, and we rescheduled for an interview the very next day. I made sure to emphasize my confirmation, sending a reconfirmation email to avoid any further confusion. Again I awoke early, prepared myself, and waited another hour and STILL no phone call. Again I emailed her, reiterating my interest and asking if something had came up and what was going on. She wrote back later in the day, saying that she had called me at the appointed interview time early in the morning, and then accused me of not answering her calls. I had my phone on me all morning long, even called a friend to ask for professional advice after I had sent the HR Director an email inquiring about her not calling, so my service was not down. At this point, I withdrew my application from the process, realizing that I did not want to be a part of a company that treated prospective employees in such a distasteful and unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
    • Again, I did not go through to the interview process because I withdrew, but I wanted to relate my experience with the interview process with this company for others to be aware of.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in October 2009.

I had been approached by a reputable recruiting company who didnt reveal the name until they were satisfied with my candidacy.
    I was called for an 1-on-1 with the hiring manager. Their focus was about my ability to adopt in a 'high transaction, low margin' environment (I'm coming off a high margin investment banking background).
    The interviewer was respectful, on-time. I was told that I would hear back from them about next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nowhere in your background shows that you worked in a intense, 'high volume, low margin' environment. How do you think you will fit in our environment?   View Answer
    • The organization is in a transformational stage. How do you see yourself being productive while being transformative at the same time?   View Answer

Senior Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2009.

Ingram Micro is a very straight forward company. My hiring manager is also very straight forward as well. The interview went pretty smooth. All I needed to do is be myself and explained what I can do.

Interview Questions
    • One word describing yourself   Answer Question
    • I was applying for a Senior Analyst position. The additional group interview by lower level Analysts was a bit unusual for me.   Answer Question

Vendor Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ingram Micro in March 2009.

It was a generally relaxed interview, mostly focused on my resume and past performances with the IT channel. Being in the channel and understanding two-tier distribution made it easy to begin speaking the "Ingram Micro language" There are many channel acronyms that are used and Ingram has many more than most other IT orgs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance when you had a customer issue (internal or external) and how did you professionally manage?   Answer Question
    • How are your presentation skills.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate if entering from a vendor. Mid level management can negotiate. Entry level- no way.

Marketing Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in January 2007.

It was a long, three hour interview with a skills test.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

2 rounds and you are through! not difficult questions as they are pretty standard questions. just have to be honest and sincere in your answers. of course, you will need to be prepared for questions on why, what and how you intend to succeed here.