Ingredion

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Specialist Interview

Quality Specialist
Summit Argo, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingredion in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online around 1 year ago (today's date is 5-29-14). Contacted for phone interview shortly after but never got an in person interview with no explanation why. Contacted through linkedin by recruiter around 3 months ago, and went in for in person interview. Very professional group interview (HR and 2 supervisor/managers). They seemed well prepared with many behavioral and situational based questions. Not many technical questions. I Felt interview went extremely well. Email next day saying they are pursuing more qualified candidates. Odd this position has been open for 1+ year and remains open currently. Interview/accept position at your own risk.

Manager Interview

Manager
Westchester, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ingredion in March 2014.

Interview Details – - 2 weeks to hear back in between each round
- interviews focused on behavioral questions
- fit with the company seems very important
- company focused on growth and seeking dynamic people who can do the work
- great lifestyle (except for the commute)
- important to understand that the company has many international locations so growing inside the company may require relocating for 1-2 years in a different location. Most of the growth is expected in Asia

Interview Question – Tell me about a decision you regret   Answer Question

Material Handling & Storage Specialist Interview

Material Handling & Storage Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ingredion in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was a three step process: Filing application, Required Testing & waiting period (anywhere from a week to 3 months) & when interview

Interview Question – What do I do with my free time   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Ingredion.

Interview Details – i submitted my resume via linkedin for the position and i do believe i was contacted directly several weeks later. i was a bit surprised to receive the call as the infamous "black hole" in some HR systems never seems to work. In any case, i did not get the chance to complete the interview as the hiring team seemed very arrogant when it came to scheduling! im so sorry that im at the top of my field and other companies are interested in me! its first come, first serve in the game of seeking new employment for qualified candidates.
regardless, the job is still posted and if they do contact me again, i most likely will not reply. their attitudes of "doing me a favor" really , really, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – dont know as they did not want to work with me in scheduling the phone screen. seems they want candidates to "drop everything" for them. sorry, the real world doesnt operate that way.   Answer Question

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Associate Process Engineer
Bedford Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingredion.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by HR via email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview between the talent acquisition manager and I. The interview was just to determine my interest in the company/position and briefly discuss my resume. Next another phone interview was scheduled via email between myself, and HR manager, and two senior Engineers. They discussed my resume in detail, discussed the position, and asked general behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - just be prepared to show examples of leadership and how you tackled difficult/problematic situations.   Answer Question

Engineering Associate Interview

Engineering Associate
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingredion in May 2013.

Interview Details – Heard about the position through my university. I applied, and within two or three days the recruiter contacted me by phone and had an initial phone interview. I then had an in person interview a few weeks later with a few employees. The interviews were pretty run of the mill questions for a recent grad, so not exceptionally hard. I got a good impression from the company and clicked with my interviewers right away.

Interview Question – Nothing too out there or technical. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Research In Cereal Sci Intern Interview

Research In Cereal Sci Intern
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ingredion in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online right after the opening was posted online. Heard from it after 20days. Two phone interview:1st was from HR my time availability and thesis topic; 2nd was some questions about my thesis. On-site were interviewed by 5 person.HR and everyone in that department!

Interview Questions

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ingredion.

Interview Details – the process was very thorough. i met with multiple people for my first interview and it took a long time for a reply but when i got the call, there was an extensive drug test, physical, background check.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult. there is a small math portion.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Westchester, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingredion in May 2011.

Interview Details – applied online. initial interview via telephone with the recruiter. invited onsite to interview for role with the hiring manager, another finance director and a finance manager. was contacted a month or two later to come back in for another round of interviews. during this time i found out that the job i interviewed for had been given to someone else who had been working since shortly after i was in and that i was back for a completely different role that was to report to the finance manager manager that interviewed with before. so this time i met with him, the finance director again and a newly promoted finance manager. another month or so passed when i got an email from the HR recruiter stating that they had gone with someone else and that he would keep my in mind for future opportunities

Interview Question – are you more comfortable making decisions when you have all the pieces of the puzzle or can you deal with ambiguity   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator
Westchester, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingredion in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met with only one person, but they make you take an Excel test which they say does not exclude you if you don't pass. HR was out the office but I had a phone interview later that week.

Interview Question – Questions were normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ingredion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingredion interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ingredion employees and interview candidates.