Ingredion

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.8

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingredion.

I had two different interviews but each interview was with several different people and each interview lasted almost all day. While its nice to meet and talk with so many different people, only having 40 minutes with each individual was never enough time to really interview someone. And as someone who has led an interview panel before having 12 to 15 different people to calibrate with after the interviews is just too many people involved in the process.

Interview Questions
    • When interviewing with so many different people and only having 40 to 45 minutes with each person and then having each person spend 25 to 30 minutes telling me about themselves and their career progression at Ingredion. That information is great if you have the time but not when you only have 40 minutes.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ingredion in March 2014.

- 2 weeks to hear back in between each round
    - interviews focused on behavioral questions
    - fit with the company seems very important
    - company focused on growth and seeking dynamic people who can do the work
    - great lifestyle (except for the commute)
    - important to understand that the company has many international locations so growing inside the company may require relocating for 1-2 years in a different location. Most of the growth is expected in Asia

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit Argo, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit Argo, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingredion in March 2014.

Applied Online around 1 year ago (today's date is 5-29-14). Contacted for phone interview shortly after but never got an in person interview with no explanation why. Contacted through linkedin by recruiter around 3 months ago, and went in for in person interview. Very professional group interview (HR and 2 supervisor/managers). They seemed well prepared with many behavioral and situational based questions. Not many technical questions. I Felt interview went extremely well. Email next day saying they are pursuing more qualified candidates. Odd this position has been open for 1+ year and remains open currently. Interview/accept position at your own risk.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingredion.

i submitted my resume via linkedin for the position and i do believe i was contacted directly several weeks later. i was a bit surprised to receive the call as the infamous "black hole" in some HR systems never seems to work. In any case, i did not get the chance to complete the interview as the hiring team seemed very arrogant when it came to scheduling! im so sorry that im at the top of my field and other companies are interested in me! its first come, first serve in the game of seeking new employment for qualified candidates.
    regardless, the job is still posted and if they do contact me again, i most likely will not reply. their attitudes of "doing me a favor" really , really, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • dont know as they did not want to work with me in scheduling the phone screen. seems they want candidates to "drop everything" for them. sorry, the real world doesnt operate that way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingredion in November 2013.

Applied at career fair booth and got a call for a phone interview 2 months later. Scheduled phone interview followed by on-site visit to plant. Relaxed interview with behavioral questions. Following the interview was a tour of the facilities and meeting engineers. Was extended an offer at end of week.

Took a while to hear to hear after the career fair but process after happened quickly.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you showed leadership in a situation in your life.   Answer Question

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingredion.

Applied online and was contacted by HR via email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview between the talent acquisition manager and I. The interview was just to determine my interest in the company/position and briefly discuss my resume. Next another phone interview was scheduled via email between myself, and HR manager, and two senior Engineers. They discussed my resume in detail, discussed the position, and asked general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - just be prepared to show examples of leadership and how you tackled difficult/problematic situations.   Answer Question

Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingredion in May 2013.

Heard about the position through my university. I applied, and within two or three days the recruiter contacted me by phone and had an initial phone interview. I then had an in person interview a few weeks later with a few employees. The interviews were pretty run of the mill questions for a recent grad, so not exceptionally hard. I got a good impression from the company and clicked with my interviewers right away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out there or technical. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ingredion.

the process was very thorough. i met with multiple people for my first interview and it took a long time for a reply but when i got the call, there was an extensive drug test, physical, background check.

Research In Cereal Sci Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ingredion in April 2013.

Applied online right after the opening was posted online. Heard from it after 20days. Two phone interview:1st was from HR my time availability and thesis topic; 2nd was some questions about my thesis. On-site were interviewed by 5 person.HR and everyone in that department!

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingredion in January 2013.

I bypassed the phone interview and was brought onsite to interview. The HR rep sat me in a room and said it would be a fairly short interview.

The first interviewer was awfully sick and looked miserable. He asked me more about what I liked to do in my free time instead of any work experience. His phone also went off the whole time and he did NOT silence it. Very distracting.

The second interviewer texted throughout my interview and would make comments when she got a funny text. She also found out I went to school with someone she knew and just took notes about that.

Third and fourth interviewers were okay. Asked more about me, rather than work experience.

I was finished three hours later and I felt my time was completely wasted.