Initiative

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Initiative.

Two total interviews, one by phone and one in person. I was interviewed by two teams looking for a new assistant in my in person interview. One obviously didn't like me and told me the suit I wore wouldn't be acceptable around the office (it's an interview, so I wore a suite, pretty sure that's a standard interview rule) and the other team complimented my suit and asked me interesting questions about my extracurricular activities in college. Needless to say, team two hired me.

Interview Questions
  • They wanted printed resumes but they didn't ask anything too interesting except what kind of music I like.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Initiative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Initiative.

Great Interview People were nice and accommodating.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative.

Knew someone working there and was in contact with them. They sent my resume to HR. HR took forever to reply to emails and was rushed during my initial interview with them, which wasn't really an actual interview with questions- it was an odd first impression that I got from that call... HR then set up Skype interviews with various teams (accounts). Within days, I heard back via phone as to which teams were interested. 1 true interview on Skype before getting hired.

Definitely ask about what a typical day is like especially to someone who is in the same role, challenges current employees have faced, and ask to be interviewed by everyone on the team so you can know who you'll be working with every day. Your first impression of them counts just as much as their first impression of you.

Interview Questions
    • Just your typical questions about why you want to be in advertising and to explain some of your past work experience   Answer Question
    If there are certain company-paid benefits in the package that you don't need, try to negotiate the difference to be put into your salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative in September 2013.

Got in touch with a recruiter basic questions asking why a career in advertising, why media planning? What interest me about advertising? If I was good with numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative in July 2013.

The interview process ended up taking a while. I applied through the San Francisco office, and ended up interviewing with the New York and Los Angeles offices. Sometimes it was a bit hard to get ahold of HR or they would forget to call me.

I interviewed with 2 different teams at the LA office over skype. I got the impression that everyone was intelligent, social and welcoming. Everybody wanted to be realistic of what the job entails and the expectations. The interviews were quite casual and were overall a good experience.

They extended an offer the next day after calling my references - great to hear back so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What song would describe your work ethic? (I'm assuming this isn't a standard question)   Answer Question
    There isn't negotiation. They offer all assistants the same pay across the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Initiative.

Submitted my resume through a friend who works there, contacted by HR for an interview. Went into the office to meet with multiple team members. HR was very disorganized throughout the process and did not book a room for the interview, so it was done in the reception area which I felt was very unprofessional. I felt like the interview with the team went really well, but I never heard back from the company afterwards even after trying to contact them. The entire process did not make me want to work at Initiative and I am happy that I was able to secure a job at another agency.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions relating to prior job experiences and interest in media.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Initiative in October 2012.

I first had a phone interview that went very well. We ended up scheduling an in person interview a few days later. The day before my interview I got a call saying they had selected another candidate and that my interview was canceled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Initiative in September 2012.

I sent in my resume and heard back about a week later. Then was scheduled for an interview for the following week. The interview took just over an hour. I met with 3 different people who are all a part of a team. They were all very nice and made me feel comfortable. The office itself has a very fun vibe with basketball hoops and video game rooms.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you have disliked about a manager and 3 things you like about a previous manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative in June 2012.

Contacted by HR (from Indeed.com). Conducted a phone interview first, then invited to the office to meet with the teams. Met with two teams separately. It was pretty laid back, not too nerve wracking. Overall, a pleasant experience. Both teams with pretty nice and easy to talk to. They didn't ask a lot of industry specific questions, since I was interviewing for an entry-level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Initiative in January 2012.

HR was unorganized. Did not confirm interview time/dates until the very last minute. Did not return phone calls/emails.

The media teams I interviewed with were much more professional. They were easy to talk to and I felt comfortable during the entire interview. I was not offered a position, but I think that was due to my lack of knowledge about the job. Do your researcch!