Initiative Interview Questions

2.4

Assistant Media Buyer (Entry Level Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Initiative in September 2014.

I applied online, then heard back from them about a week after. All together, there are 3 steps for the selection process. First, I had a phone interview with the recruiter for about 30 mins talking about the position and letting her get to know what I'm looking into and about myself a little better.
    The second interview was an in person interview at the office. This interview took about an hour and a half, and I met with 4 people on my team. I got along with each and every one of them very well, and just went in depth about the job, company, myself, previous jobs I had held, and etc. Shortly after the interview, about 30-40 mins after I received a follow up phone call from the recruiter and she invited me back for the last step in the selection process.
    The third interview was also an in person interview at the office, but this time I met with the Client Director. This interview took about half an hour, and after the recruiter came back in to talk to me for a little. I was told that they would make their final decision by the end of the day or latest, the following day. I actually received a phone call from the recruiter about an hour and a half after my interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question, everything is for them to get to know you and for you to get to know them as well - granted this is an entry level position.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Initiative.

Two total interviews, one by phone and one in person. I was interviewed by two teams looking for a new assistant in my in person interview. One obviously didn't like me and told me the suit I wore wouldn't be acceptable around the office (it's an interview, so I wore a suite, pretty sure that's a standard interview rule) and the other team complimented my suit and asked me interesting questions about my extracurricular activities in college. Needless to say, team two hired me.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted printed resumes but they didn't ask anything too interesting except what kind of music I like.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative.

confusing and unprofessional. No phone interview and had to follow up after a request to interview was initially sent to me. I received a response 2 days late. Not really sure what happened there and there was no apology for the delay or lack of response.

Billing Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Initiative.

HR person was friendly. Front desk woman was very kind and welcoming. I interviewed with two people. HR and the interviewers gave me a slightly different job description and told me different people I'd report to. The one complaint I have is the follow-through from HR. I got a call about a week or so after the interview stating that my "interview went really well" and they have a couple more people to interview before they decide. Almost two weeks roll by and still no answer. I emailed HR to check the status, but I didn't receive a reply. I checked the company site to verify the job position, and it was removed!!... Like they withdrew it, not like they filled it. When someone takes time out of their day to interview, a follow-up call/email should be mandatory! Yes or no, the interviewee should be told, not ignored. I felt that was unprofessional and disrespectful of another's time.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of what you did to improve the flow and procedure of your work that would benefit you and your team.   Answer Question

Traffic Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative.

Time consuming, keep on top it.

Interview Questions
    • Would you report on others stealing from the company.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Initiative in February 2014.

I applied online for an HR position. I received an email message requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was held two days later. Normal interview questions during the interview which I answered. I did my research on the company and did ask several questions. The phone interview last about half hour. At the end of the interview I was asked to come into the office for a face to face. This was scheduled for 3 days later. I met with the individual that I had a phone interview with. We talked for about 20 minutes; I then met with her boss. She walked in and told me that she only had 15 minutes. We talk and I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week. It has been two weeks now. I have sent emails thanking them for the interview and also asking about status. I have not hear anything back from anyone. It is very unprofessional that both these two HR professionals are not communicating or providing any feedback. Very immature and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions; they just wanted to fill the position,   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Initiative.

Great Interview People were nice and accommodating.

Planner, Digital Interview

The Hiring and Interview process was very quick and easy. I interviewed on a Wednesday and was offered the job the next day. I first met with the supervisor then the other planners and then last met with the associate director. The team was anxious to hire someone which i believe is why it went so quick

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative.

Knew someone working there and was in contact with them. They sent my resume to HR. HR took forever to reply to emails and was rushed during my initial interview with them, which wasn't really an actual interview with questions- it was an odd first impression that I got from that call... HR then set up Skype interviews with various teams (accounts). Within days, I heard back via phone as to which teams were interested. 1 true interview on Skype before getting hired.

Definitely ask about what a typical day is like especially to someone who is in the same role, challenges current employees have faced, and ask to be interviewed by everyone on the team so you can know who you'll be working with every day. Your first impression of them counts just as much as their first impression of you.

Interview Questions
    • Just your typical questions about why you want to be in advertising and to explain some of your past work experience   Answer Question
    If there are certain company-paid benefits in the package that you don't need, try to negotiate the difference to be put into your salary.

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Initiative in October 2013.

I first applied online then a few days later HR reached out to me to set up a phone interview. I didn't initially hear back but then I emailed the HR lady and she responded promptly and we set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult. It was more like a conversation. Why Initiative and strengths and weakness are obviously questions to be prepared for.   Answer Question