Initiative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

Great Interview People were nice and accommodating.

Planner, Digital Interview

Interview

The Hiring and Interview process was very quick and easy. I interviewed on a Wednesday and was offered the job the next day. I first met with the supervisor then the other planners and then last met with the associate director. The team was anxious to hire someone which i believe is why it went so quick

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

Knew someone working there and was in contact with them. They sent my resume to HR. HR took forever to reply to emails and was rushed during my initial interview with them, which wasn't really an actual interview with questions- it was an odd first impression that I got from that call... HR then set up Skype interviews with various teams (accounts). Within days, I heard back via phone as to which teams were interested. 1 true interview on Skype before getting hired.

Definitely ask about what a typical day is like especially to someone who is in the same role, challenges current employees have faced, and ask to be interviewed by everyone on the team so you can know who you'll be working with every day. Your first impression of them counts just as much as their first impression of you.

Interview Questions

• Just your typical questions about why you want to be in advertising and to explain some of your past work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

If there are certain company-paid benefits in the package that you don't need, try to negotiate the difference to be put into your salary.

Assistant Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I first applied online then a few days later HR reached out to me to set up a phone interview. I didn't initially hear back but then I emailed the HR lady and she responded promptly and we set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too difficult. It was more like a conversation. Why Initiative and strengths and weakness are obviously questions to be prepared for.   Answer Question

Finance/Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Unprofessional, I was given a phone interview with a confirmed time, however it was deferred to another date. I'm fine with that, went well. After a week or two, nothing but then spontaneously send you an email in the middle of the afternoon to come in for an interview. However they expect you to be there on a moments notice when no notification or preparation was even given. It does not make sense what so ever, they have my phone number they could have called.
    I left them to get back to me the following day, no responses what so ever totally ignored.

Very rude of these HR people, I would never treat people like that if I was hiring, very UNPROFESSIONAL, I would never want to work for a company like this. Don't care how prestigious or what achievement this company have. Makes me sick to the stomach, thank you for all my interest in working hard for this company go down the toilet.

Interview Questions

• typical brief questions asking about your past employment, technical skills, education attainment.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner, Digital Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

An employee submitted my resume to HR, and about 2 weeks later I received an email regarding an open position. We set up a phone interview for the following day. The HR person called me right on time. She asked standard questions about my background and why I was interested in media. She was straight-forward and clear in her explanations. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. Later that day, I received an email to set up an in-person interview for the following week, in which I would meet the entire team of 6 people. I do not currently live in Los Angeles (which I mentioned in our phone interview), so I took the day off of work for it. 30 minutes before the interview, I received a call from HR asking if we can reschedule because of an "emergency client meeting." She said we'd likely reschedule for the end of the week or early next week, once she got together with the team to find a time that worked. I emailed her shortly after our phone conversation to see if there was any possibility that we could reschedule for later that same day, since I was already in town. She didn't reply to my email. A week passed after our canceled interview and I didn't heard anything. I called about a week and half later to ask about rescheduling and left a message, which has not been returned. I have a feeling that the "emergency meeting" was just a roundabout way of saying they hired someone else, but didn't want to say it.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter basic questions asking why a career in advertising, why media planning? What interest me about advertising? If I was good with numbers.

Associate Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Initiative in August 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed only via phone and Skype, which was nice. It's very hard to find an employer that will hire a non-local candidate for an entry level job.

The whole process was extremely casual. I found HR to be very nice, but disorganized. Had to follow up a lot to get answers

Interview Questions

• What do you think media is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initiative does not negotiate entry level

Assistant Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Initiative.

Interview

Called me up for a 15 minute "get to know you" and although we had scheduled it for 2:30 PM, the recruiter actually did not call until 3 PM. She seemed really interested in me after the initial call and said we should set up a time for me to come in to the office in person. I have since emailed and called her twice and still have not heard back to when this interview would be. Very unprofessional

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process ended up taking a while. I applied through the San Francisco office, and ended up interviewing with the New York and Los Angeles offices. Sometimes it was a bit hard to get ahold of HR or they would forget to call me.

I interviewed with 2 different teams at the LA office over skype. I got the impression that everyone was intelligent, social and welcoming. Everybody wanted to be realistic of what the job entails and the expectations. The interviews were quite casual and were overall a good experience.

They extended an offer the next day after calling my references - great to hear back so quickly.

Interview Questions

• What song would describe your work ethic? (I'm assuming this isn't a standard question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't negotiation. They offer all assistants the same pay across the board.