Initiative

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.4

Finance/Business Analyst Interview

Unprofessional, I was given a phone interview with a confirmed time, however it was deferred to another date. I'm fine with that, went well. After a week or two, nothing but then spontaneously send you an email in the middle of the afternoon to come in for an interview. However they expect you to be there on a moments notice when no notification or preparation was even given. It does not make sense what so ever, they have my phone number they could have called.
    I left them to get back to me the following day, no responses what so ever totally ignored.

Very rude of these HR people, I would never treat people like that if I was hiring, very UNPROFESSIONAL, I would never want to work for a company like this. Don't care how prestigious or what achievement this company have. Makes me sick to the stomach, thank you for all my interest in working hard for this company go down the toilet.

Interview Questions
    • typical brief questions asking about your past employment, technical skills, education attainment.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Initiative in September 2013.

An employee submitted my resume to HR, and about 2 weeks later I received an email regarding an open position. We set up a phone interview for the following day. The HR person called me right on time. She asked standard questions about my background and why I was interested in media. She was straight-forward and clear in her explanations. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. Later that day, I received an email to set up an in-person interview for the following week, in which I would meet the entire team of 6 people. I do not currently live in Los Angeles (which I mentioned in our phone interview), so I took the day off of work for it. 30 minutes before the interview, I received a call from HR asking if we can reschedule because of an "emergency client meeting." She said we'd likely reschedule for the end of the week or early next week, once she got together with the team to find a time that worked. I emailed her shortly after our phone conversation to see if there was any possibility that we could reschedule for later that same day, since I was already in town. She didn't reply to my email. A week passed after our canceled interview and I didn't heard anything. I called about a week and half later to ask about rescheduling and left a message, which has not been returned. I have a feeling that the "emergency meeting" was just a roundabout way of saying they hired someone else, but didn't want to say it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Initiative in September 2013.

Got in touch with a recruiter basic questions asking why a career in advertising, why media planning? What interest me about advertising? If I was good with numbers.

Assistant Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Initiative.

Called me up for a 15 minute "get to know you" and although we had scheduled it for 2:30 PM, the recruiter actually did not call until 3 PM. She seemed really interested in me after the initial call and said we should set up a time for me to come in to the office in person. I have since emailed and called her twice and still have not heard back to when this interview would be. Very unprofessional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative in July 2013.

The interview process ended up taking a while. I applied through the San Francisco office, and ended up interviewing with the New York and Los Angeles offices. Sometimes it was a bit hard to get ahold of HR or they would forget to call me.

I interviewed with 2 different teams at the LA office over skype. I got the impression that everyone was intelligent, social and welcoming. Everybody wanted to be realistic of what the job entails and the expectations. The interviews were quite casual and were overall a good experience.

They extended an offer the next day after calling my references - great to hear back so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What song would describe your work ethic? (I'm assuming this isn't a standard question)   Answer Question
    There isn't negotiation. They offer all assistants the same pay across the board.

Assistant Pla Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Initiative in June 2013.

Everyone was friendly, I met with the hiring manager first who was very kind which fostered a welcoming environment. I then met with 3 Associate Media Directors, who basically asked me about my knowledge of media planning and media math - they didnt expect me to know a ton since it was for an entry level position.

EVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Initiative.

fast action then no action... flip flop on terms and commitments... then hard ball! not a business friendly approach. not a good way to start the relationship.

Interview Questions
    • I am so impressed by your background. it amazing you have done so much... i bet you will want my job one day!   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Questions asked by human resources were pretty generic. Same question you would hear from any other interview to understand your qualifications and education. The department asked questions regarding your personality and whether you would be a fit for the team based on your experiences. However, meeting the department gives you a better understand of the position and your tasks/responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Initiative.

Submitted my resume through a friend who works there, contacted by HR for an interview. Went into the office to meet with multiple team members. HR was very disorganized throughout the process and did not book a room for the interview, so it was done in the reception area which I felt was very unprofessional. I felt like the interview with the team went really well, but I never heard back from the company afterwards even after trying to contact them. The entire process did not make me want to work at Initiative and I am happy that I was able to secure a job at another agency.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions relating to prior job experiences and interest in media.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Initiative in October 2012.

I first had a phone interview that went very well. We ended up scheduling an in person interview a few days later. The day before my interview I got a call saying they had selected another candidate and that my interview was canceled.