Whirlpool

www.whirlpoolcorp.com

Whirlpool Design Engineer Interview Question

"Initiative: When was a time that you saw a need/problem and took care of it without being asked to?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Design Engineer Interview Review - one of 108 Whirlpool Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
"When I first started with my current employer, I inherited a project from the engineering manager with the direction that the design was essentially complete and just needed tweeked and released. I identified the correct contacts in the relevant departments and evaluated the design.

It was decided that the current design did not meet the customer expectations and that there was a real chance of us losing the business if we proceeded forward. I decided to scrap the current design and start from scratch.

I stepped into the project lead role without being asked and organized all appropriate functions to develop the new design and bring it to fruition. When all was said and done, we won the contract and the manager described the final result as 'perfect'"
- Former Whirlpool Engineering Employee on Nov 16, 2012