Inland Real Estate Group Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inland Real Estate Group

Senior Manager of Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The internal recruiter contacted me via linked in. He was extremely polite and professional and even apologized for the unsolicited contact. After describing the position and firm in detail and confirming some of my background information and experience, he set up an interview with the hiring manager. After an extremely productive meeting with this Officer, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with two more Officers of the firm. The office gives the feeling of a team environment which is also prevalent in the hiring/interview experience. It felt more like a conversation with professional peers rather than traditional interviews, however the questions were very thorough and it was clear they all had a high expectation for the position and desire to fit the team vision. I would rate the experience as excellent and look forward to becoming part of this great organization.

Interview Questions

• What was my understanding of the position and the entailed responsibility?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally you have to know someone to get in here. You may interview with HR first and then a division VP or SVP. Don't waste your time, look for other opportunities elsewhere.

Negotiation

They will tell you that there are a dozen others applying for the same job as you. Take it or leave it.

Senior Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via InMail / LinkedIn. The Recruiter was networking with industry leaders and we ended up striking up a conversation about the role. The discussion went well, very collaborative discussion about past success, current success and the company's direction & goals. We also discussed my qualification as well as the core experiences require for the position. The recruiter was extremely candid and up front. He answered all of my questions and there were a few answers where the response was not positive. I appreciated the honesty. The discussion with HR lead to a meeting in person with a Sr. Exec. a week later. Another great interaction. I did have a final interview with a few peers which I valued given I might be working closely with many of them. I was made an offer a week later and accept. I wasn't even looking for a new role but was so impressed with the staff, position and the direction of the organization and felt this was a great move.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you’ve ever had to make at work? How did you arrive at your decision? What was the result?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group in November 2012.

Interview

First i nterview was with the hiring manager. The internal recruiter merely met me and directed me to the conference room. The interview with the hiring manager took about 30 minutes with just general background of my resume. The second interview occurred aboujt two months later with the general counsel and additional attoney. I was offered the job that afternnon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take ir or leave it.