Inland Real Estate Group Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inland Real Estate Group

Senior Manager of Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The internal recruiter contacted me via linked in. He was extremely polite and professional and even apologized for the unsolicited contact. After describing the position and firm in detail and confirming some of my background information and experience, he set up an interview with the hiring manager. After an extremely productive meeting with this Officer, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with two more Officers of the firm. The office gives the feeling of a team environment which is also prevalent in the hiring/interview experience. It felt more like a conversation with professional peers rather than traditional interviews, however the questions were very thorough and it was clear they all had a high expectation for the position and desire to fit the team vision. I would rate the experience as excellent and look forward to becoming part of this great organization.

Interview Questions

• What was my understanding of the position and the entailed responsibility?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally you have to know someone to get in here. You may interview with HR first and then a division VP or SVP. Don't waste your time, look for other opportunities elsewhere.

Negotiation

They will tell you that there are a dozen others applying for the same job as you. Take it or leave it.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group in November 2012.

Interview

First i nterview was with the hiring manager. The internal recruiter merely met me and directed me to the conference room. The interview with the hiring manager took about 30 minutes with just general background of my resume. The second interview occurred aboujt two months later with the general counsel and additional attoney. I was offered the job that afternnon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take ir or leave it.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inland Real Estate Group in January 2012.

Interview

Applied on Careers page as well as located a staffing department contact on LinkedIn. I emailed the Recruiting Manager on LinkedIn also. I was contacted 10 days after submitting my resume and received a call. I had a very detailed and informative phone call with a recruiter. I was surprised to find out how much the HR rep knew about operations. I was then called in for 2 roudns of face to face interviews with management and Sr. Management. The entire process from submitting my resume and getting an employment offer was just over one-month.

Interview Questions

• During past performance evaluations at other companies, what one trait (positive and negative) seem to follow you from year to year and manager to manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fair negotiation. It was a good offer and I was able to negotiate a few key items.