InnerWorkings

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Multiple rounds via phone and in person.

Other Interview Reviews for InnerWorkings

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at InnerWorkings in March 2013.

Cattle call, they hire a bunch of people at once since they do sales training class. These are actually sort of fun but it is nothing like sales once you get on the floor. They training ends up being a waste about 1% of people want the pitch.

No negotiation,set rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InnerWorkings in October 2011.

I went through a 4 tier interview process. First phone interview, then meet recruiters in person, then mixer and finally an interview with the trainer. I thought the mixer was different and it really showed the great culture at this company. I'm pretty sure they no longer do the mixer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given one brick, what would you do with it?   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InnerWorkings in March 2011.

I interviewed with the company in March of 2011. The initial phone call with the recruiter went well. She did a great job clarifying what the company does, explained the role in more detail, and gave me some pointers for proceeding through the interview process. I tend to get a little nervous during interviews, but her advice really helped.

The second step in the process was to attend a mixer. They brought in a number of candidates and had us speak with various members of the hiring team, as well as current sales reps and managers. Initially, it felt a little like a "cattle call" but after being there for 10 minutes, I realized this wasn't the case. They gave us an opportunity to talk with the members of the team so we could ask questions about the position, the company, the working environment, expectations, goals, etc... I found it beneficial that each member of the team was happy to discuss their experience and answer any questions we had as candidates. We were also given an opportunity to sit with a hiring manager in a 1 on 1 setting for more of a "formal" interview.

I was called back for a final interview with the Director of Sales which lasted about 20 minutes. We discussed a lot of my background, why I was interested in joining the team, and what my goals were. He then gave me an opportunity to ask questions and he provided very detailed and thorough answers.

The next day, I received an offer to join the team and have been with InnerWorkings ever since. This has been a great opportunity for me to grow professionally while advancing my career, learning new skills, and advancing to roles with greater responsibility.

One of the key things they seemed to stress in the interview process was that the company is very forward thinking, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. I can tell you all these things are true and that it takes a certain type of individual to be successful in this organization. Nobody is going to tell you what to do, when to do it, or keep bugging you to do your job... thus, where the entrepreneurial factor comes in-- you have to be motivated, driven, and possess something the team sees value in to be asked to join the organization.

Overall, the interview process was a bit long, but gave ME the opportunity to evaluate whether this was the right opportunity for me or not-- just as the company was taking multiple opportunities to evaluate me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you put your left shoe or your right shoe on first, and why?   View Answer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at InnerWorkings.

First phone interview going over background

Second 1:1 interview with 2 HR reps discussing background, position.

Thrid 2:1 interview with VP of Sales and Sales Manager position and past goals and daily motivations

Interview Questions
    • Basic Questions: Why do you want to work for InnerWorkings? What are your goals and how do you set them? Your past experience is in selling a product, we sell a solution, how will you adapt?   Answer Question

The day before my interview I met two people that were recently employed at InnerWorkings but quit. They told me you sell paper and it's a glorified Jim Halpert position. Slow/Little growth opportunity. HR lady said the first 8 weeks you're expected to put your head down and just listen and train. That was the red flag for me