Innosight Interview Questions in Boston, MA

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Innosight.

It was an OCR interview. The first 30 min interview was a fit interview, asking about your ideas for innovation and how you would go about solving large problems.

The second interview was a case where they gave you extremely limited information and wanted you to come up with solutions more than how you would go about solving the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Innosight in October 2013.

I applied through school career center website and received an email from the recruiting manager a few weeks later. I had two phone interviews and a 5 hour case interview (involved working with another candidate interviewing for a different position--Associate) at the office that reflected the project progression at Innosight.

Interview Questions
    • I received a deck to look through and prepare thoughts on before actually presenting recommendations during the interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Innosight.

I was first contacted for a phone screening, which took about 30 minutes. I had two more 30-45 min. phone interviews which were part case, part fit. I was told by an employee I knew at the firm not to prepare very structured responses or use specific frameworks (think Case in Point). The case on the first interview was about a company trying to test a new idea very quickly and for very little money and how they should go about it. The second interview was about a more traditional healthcare case, and I did feel that being more familiar with traditional frameworks was what they were expecting.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Innosight in February 2013.

First round interview are two back to back interviews, one is fit and one is a case.

Second round is an all-day onsite interview that is 20% fit and 80% case work. The case will be sent to you prior to interview day, and there will independent as well as group work on the case.

Interview Questions
    • What organization structures would you need to change to implement this idea?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Innosight.

Interview process was easy. I met 4 senior folks for 45 minutes each and they all left me time to ask questions. The office is state of the art and has a cool vibe to it. Everyone I met was very friendly and candidate about their experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you faced at a previous position? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Very easy! They worked with me and we had all the details set in 48 hours. Everyone was very responsive.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Innosight in March 2012.

In order to really begin the process, you need to go through a screening call process. I knew going in it would be difficult since I wasn't from Harvard or MIT. The company seems to recruit very like minded people...almost cookie cutter. If you fall outside that, good luck. Just take a look at their website and the team profiles. I understand the need for screening interviews but I would have liked a chance for an in person interview. So much more can be learned from both sides. In the end, I'm fine with how it turned out.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study questions: Company X has a line of products that is no longer selling very well. What would you suggest we do to help them determine what is going wrong?   View Answer
    • Tell me about your prior experience and most interesting work to date?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Innosight in June 2011.

Innosight found my resume through their online database -- I had sent it to the "black hole" and fortunately, they contacted me for a pre-screen on the phone.

The first phone conversation was about why I was interested in the company, what I knew about the company (ie: theory of disruptive innovation), a bit about my background and then a 10 minute strategy discussion case question. It was 30 minutes.

I was moved along to round two, which was another phone conversation and similar in time and format. However, there was a bit more emphasis on behavioral questions. Again, there was another case scenario and I was asked to discuss the important factors related to the strategy of the client.

I was not moved on to a 3rd interview, probably because I was not very solid with the case question. The company communicated well during the interview process and also let me know promptly when I had been "rejected". They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Disruptive Innovation and why are you interested in it? Why do you like Clayton Christensen?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Innosight in January 2011.

Applied through MBA Career Center's job board. Did not meet with firm prior to the interview (no recruiting events/presentations). First round consisted of two back to back half hour interviews that were pretty straightforward. Each interview consisted of 15 minutes of general "Walk me through your resume" and "tell me about a time when you..." type questions and 15 minutes of ideation cases. One case was "X firm came up with new technology that does Y. How would you assess its potential?". Fun, relaxed interview style. Second round at Watertown office involved two back to back half hour interviews that were just conversations about growth and innovation. Very laid back, interesting talks. Only complaint about the process is that it took a long time for their HR team to get back to me, likely due to the firm's significant growth. Overall pretty easy, laid back hiring process. They also like to hire from Harvard Business School... a lot. Can be good or bad.

Interview Questions
    • Company X has invented a new process that does Y. How would you assess the idea? What potential customers or markets should they enter?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Factor in quality of life and interest in growth and innovation. Compensation slightly lower, but on per hour of work basis is nearly unbeatable.