Innosight Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Innosight

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Innosight in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was split 50/50 between case and behavioral. The 30 minute case interview asked for you to make a recommendation after analyzing the client problem. The interviewer seemed more interested in the problem-solving process and questions asked than the solution or specific concepts explored. They offered lots of information to help with the case and mostly allowed me to drive the discussion. The behavioral interview was 30 minutes with a different member of the company. They wanted to know about my specific interest in consulting and the company. Lastly they had me do an activity and asked what I thought its significance might be in the context of their practice. Both interviewers were very kind and supportive, continuing to live up to the reputation that the people are great to work with and have a love for learning. This is just the first interview, then you may be invited to a day-long interview at their office. That interview determines whether or not an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that we would not know from your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process is not yet complete, but from the initial interview I have gotten invited to the "super day" which is a day-long interview at their office.

Associate Interview

Interview

All interview communications email-based. First round by phone (1 hour) followed by multi-person half day in-person interview. Offer extended after 3 week delay by email and a phone call from junior HR team member.

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Innosight.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, followed by a super-day at the company's office. I did not get through the second round. In the on-campus interview, there was one behavioral and one case-based interview. They gave us a 3-D puzzle to solve in the behavioral interview and asked general questions like "walk me through your resume" and "why innosight?"

Interview Questions

• Case: The client was an athletic apparel and sports company, mainly manufacturing shoes. They were already conducting some sustainable practices, but had not publicized them to their target market (15-18 year old youths). The question was to figure out whether they should publicize it, to find out whether their target market cared and come up with means to advertise it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Innosight (Babson Park, MA).

Interview

It was an OCR interview. The first 30 min interview was a fit interview, asking about your ideas for innovation and how you would go about solving large problems. The second interview was a case where they gave you extremely limited information and wanted you to come up with solutions more than how you would go about solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• They gave you a 3D puzzle to attempt.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through school career center website and received an email from the recruiting manager a few weeks later. I had two phone interviews and a 5 hour case interview (involved working with another candidate interviewing for a different position--Associate) at the office that reflected the project progression at Innosight.

Interview Questions

• I received a deck to look through and prepare thoughts on before actually presenting recommendations during the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening, which took about 30 minutes. I had two more 30-45 min. phone interviews which were part case, part fit. I was told by an employee I knew at the firm not to prepare very structured responses or use specific frameworks (think Case in Point). The case on the first interview was about a company trying to test a new idea very quickly and for very little money and how they should go about it. The second interview was about a more traditional healthcare case, and I did feel that being more familiar with traditional frameworks was what they were expecting.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

First round interview are two back to back interviews, one is fit and one is a case. Second round is an all-day onsite interview that is 20% fit and 80% case work. The case will be sent to you prior to interview day, and there will independent as well as group work on the case.

Interview Questions

• What organization structures would you need to change to implement this idea?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Interview process was easy. I met 4 senior folks for 45 minutes each and they all left me time to ask questions. The office is state of the art and has a cool vibe to it. Everyone I met was very friendly and candidate about their experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced at a previous position? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy! They worked with me and we had all the details set in 48 hours. Everyone was very responsive.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Innosight (Lexington, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

In order to really begin the process, you need to go through a screening call process. I knew going in it would be difficult since I wasn't from Harvard or MIT. The company seems to recruit very like minded people...almost cookie cutter. If you fall outside that, good luck. Just take a look at their website and the team profiles. I understand the need for screening interviews but I would have liked a chance for an in person interview. So much more can be learned from both sides. In the end, I'm fine with how it turned out.

Interview Questions

• Case Study questions: Company X has a line of products that is no longer selling very well. What would you suggest we do to help them determine what is going wrong?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your prior experience and most interesting work to date?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Innosight (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Innosight found my resume through their online database -- I had sent it to the "black hole" and fortunately, they contacted me for a pre-screen on the phone. The first phone conversation was about why I was interested in the company, what I knew about the company (ie: theory of disruptive innovation), a bit about my background and then a 10 minute strategy discussion case question. It was 30 minutes. I was moved along to round two, which was another phone conversation and similar in time and format. However, there was a bit more emphasis on behavioral questions. Again, there was another case scenario and I was asked to discuss the important factors related to the strategy of the client. I was not moved on to a 3rd interview, probably because I was not very solid with the case question. The company communicated well during the interview process and also let me know promptly when I had been "rejected". They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Disruptive Innovation and why are you interested in it? Why do you like Clayton Christensen?   Answer Question