InnovaSystems International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer
Draper, UT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted by an HR representative who handled the process from the beginning to the time I received an offer. Normal questions about my current skills and desires for work environment, etc. Then I had a phone interview with one of the managers at the Salt Lake location, asking me some of the same questions. An interview on location followed. I was asked to prepare a short presentation on a situation in which a database would be helpful. I answered many database development related questions. The offer was made by the end of the week.

Interview Question – I struggled the most with questions about technologies I hadn't had experience with yet.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Customer Support Engineer

Interviewed at InnovaSystems International

Interview Details – Referred by an employee and was contacted by the hiring manager the next day. Interview was scheduled and held within the same week. They recommended coming in to meet the team and the interviews and company tour were very helpful.

Interview Question – How would you go about letting a poorly performing peer know they were producing substandard work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only one back and forth. The offer was on the table quite quickly and they were very responsive.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter who thought I was a good fit for the position. After speaking about the job and agreeing on our mutual interest, we had a quick phone interview. The recruiter then determined I would be a good candidate and asked that I have a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

The interview went fairly well. I knew the answers to most of the technical questions. If the manager liked my response, he always asked a followup question that was more in depth or that expanded on my answer. He assured me that it didn't matter if I knew the answer and that he was just trying to get a feel for what I knew.

Interview Question – Explain database normalization.   Answer Question

Release Engineer Interview

Release Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International.

Interview Details – Phone Screen with HR.
Phone Screen with knowledgeable person in the field.
In Person interview, on site, panel

Interview Question – Can you write build scripts?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Requested additional vacation, declined.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very cohesive interview process with quick turnaround on outcome. The recruiter was especially helpful, even checked in on the day of the interview to ensure I was prepared.

Interview Question – What do you need to be successful at your job?   Answer Question

Junior Database Developer Interview

Junior Database Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in December 2011.

Interview Details – To describe the process in one word: Efficiency. They were on the ball and seemed like really good people to work for.

Interview Question – "Is 'Select 0' a valid SQL statement?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was told in the initial interview that they offer "market plus 5%." I was a little startled when the offer came in and was considerably lower than market. I would have taken the offer if I didn't have any others, but...it's tough to turn down a salary that's $5k higher.

Worked for InnovaSystems International? Contribute to the Community!