InnovaSystems International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.7

Software Engineering Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in April 2012.

I was contacted by an Innova recruiter through LinkedIn then had a phone screen with him, a technical phone screen with a longstanding lead developer, and an in-person "murder board" panel interview with nearly nearly ten interviewers who had well over 100 years of combined military experience.

Innova uses behavioral interviewing techniques extensively. Between behavioral and technical questions, they pretty thoroughly assess your personality and skills.

Interview Questions
    • How might your approach data synchronization between home guard, deployed units, and their subdeployments?   View Answer
    Straightforward.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International.

The interview process was not clear to me and I do not think that the person that hired me followed company procedures. I was solicited at a regional meeting and then I wasn't interviewed as much as brought into the office and "sold" the position. I was hesitant to accept the position because I did not have the background one would expect for the job, but the person hiring me assured me that I would be ok. I was hired and worked there for 2 years, but I was laid off in one of the first rounds of lay offs. I wish the hiring process had been followed or the person hiring me would have had repercussions for not following procedures as it lead to a lot of other inappropriate behavior and conduct.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate, but I was not familiar with the consulting price points, so I should have asked for more money.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in April 2014.

Initially I was contacted by an HR representative who handled the process from the beginning to the time I received an offer. Normal questions about my current skills and desires for work environment, etc. Then I had a phone interview with one of the managers at the Salt Lake location, asking me some of the same questions. An interview on location followed. I was asked to prepare a short presentation on a situation in which a database would be helpful. I answered many database development related questions. The offer was made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled the most with questions about technologies I hadn't had experience with yet.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Referred by an employee and was contacted by the hiring manager the next day. Interview was scheduled and held within the same week. They recommended coming in to meet the team and the interviews and company tour were very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about letting a poorly performing peer know they were producing substandard work?   Answer Question
    Only one back and forth. The offer was on the table quite quickly and they were very responsive.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in July 2013.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who thought I was a good fit for the position. After speaking about the job and agreeing on our mutual interest, we had a quick phone interview. The recruiter then determined I would be a good candidate and asked that I have a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later.

The interview went fairly well. I knew the answers to most of the technical questions. If the manager liked my response, he always asked a followup question that was more in depth or that expanded on my answer. He assured me that it didn't matter if I knew the answer and that he was just trying to get a feel for what I knew.

Release Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International.

Phone Screen with HR.
    Phone Screen with knowledgeable person in the field.
    In Person interview, on site, panel

Interview Questions
    Requested additional vacation, declined.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in March 2012.

Very cohesive interview process with quick turnaround on outcome. The recruiter was especially helpful, even checked in on the day of the interview to ensure I was prepared.

Junior Database Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InnovaSystems International in December 2011.

To describe the process in one word: Efficiency. They were on the ball and seemed like really good people to work for.

Interview Questions

I was told in the initial interview that they offer "market plus 5%." I was a little startled when the offer came in and was considerably lower than market. I would have taken the offer if I didn't have any others, but...it's tough to turn down a salary that's $5k higher.

Worked for InnovaSystems International? Contribute to the Community!