Innovative Solutions & Support

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certification Engineer (Contract-to-hire) Interview

Certification Engineer (Contract-to-hire)
Exton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Innovative Solutions & Support in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview with the company. Interviewed with the VP of Engineering, then had a panel interview with three others. The focus was on my resume and my ability to communicate with others. The main focus was also on my style of problem solving.

Interview Question – Asked about how I would deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their fair share.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Exton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Innovative Solutions & Support in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication is conducted through the person who does their staffing. This is a contract to hire position. You will be asked some logical/reasoning questions during the interview, and at the end given a test to get a feeling for your ability to communicate and your proficiency in C. The work environment seems relaxed and friendly, not politically correct or uptight. This is a one interview process, and once being hired as a contractor your job is to work hard and prove that you should be hired on salary.

After making you an offer you will be expected to complete a background and drug test.

Interview Question – What do you think will be the thing that bugs you most about working here in a year?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Exton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Innovative Solutions & Support in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was with two employees. Asked about you as a person then proceeded to explain the job. Asked a few critical thinking questions then you are given a test.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Innovative Solutions & Support.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, the first with the Director of Systems Engineering, the second with some engineer. The first interview was very general. My impression was that he was gauging my interest in the position and company. The second interview was delayed for a few hours for some reason. I called my recruiter to confirm the time, and he touched base with the engineer. We were able to connect and continue later on that evening, which I was a bit surprised, since it was after 7pm EST.

Interview Question – Are you the type that gets the work done, or do you "b#$%" and moan?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Innovative Solutions & Support in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got this interview from a local recruiter. They are a small company but seemingly pompous and micro-managing. They are approximately 70 people and feel that people need to have their hands held during the work day. Apparently the turnover is high, even though they will say differently. They give you an employee manual to review and that even reeks of micro-management, when you need to be at work, how you should dress, what a typical work week consists of. They pay a lot less than the market reference for similar jobs, and the Owner is very scattered, have not heard good things from others that had worked there in the past.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Worked for Innovative Solutions & Support? Contribute to the Community!