Inova

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Radiology Technologist Interview

Radiology Technologist

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Inova.

Interview Details – Hired during student training. Group interview consisted of clinical instructor, supervisor, and senior mgr. Questions were related to strengths/weaknesses, least and favorite areas of work, and personality questions.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was: Describe an incidence where you delivered excellent patient care.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Physician Extender Interview

Physician Extender
Falls Church, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Inova in September 2010.

Interview Details – Met with supervising physician, submitted a plan of ideas to implement, received a phone call with an offer from HR with a low ball offer.

Interview Question – Asked how I would handle different clinical situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned down the initial offer and they came back with an offer just matching what I was making elsewhere.

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inova in September 2012.

Interview Details – You interview with a couple of program managers to see which program They think you are a fit for not the program you want.
They ask you the typical questions about your experience in jobs where you have had an issue and how you fixed it, what are your strengths and weaknesses.

Negotiation Details – You get a call from a recruiter who tells you what the range is but you get way below the range. They tell you the range but offer you the lowest and say that we can not pay you that.

Clinical Technician I Interview

Clinical Technician I

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Inova in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard about about a 3 weeks to a month later. I had a group interview, 4 interviewers. They each asked me a few questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Describe to me a time where you came across a difficult person? What did you do?   Answer Question

Schedule Registration Representative I Interview

Schedule Registration Representative I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Inova.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you to tell you a bit about the position, the interview is set up, you go in for the interview and here something with in a week by phone.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Inova.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate with experience who had a panel interviewed with senior leadership team. The skill set they desired as ideal was not completely my skill set, although I have potential. Too many people wanted few available positions.

Interview Question – How would I prioritize my workload.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Supervisor Interview

Accounts Receivable Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Inova.

Interview Details – Inova has developed a very standardized way hiring and interviewing. However, my Director did not want to adhere to the new and standardized process which I found to be very irritating. She always said "this is my ship and I will run it the way I want to"... anyway, the process was to do a phone screening first and then bring the candidate in for an interview.

As an AR Supervisor, we look for AR Reps to fill the open roles in the department. So, you would typically expect to only meet with one or two people to interview you... Well, not with Inova. They like to have every freaking PFS Supervisor be involved in the interview process. You'd think we are interviewing for the next president. So, the candidate comes in and meets with a panel of supervisors who ask all behavioral based questions in addition to some AR skill set questions.

Then, after you leave we talk about you and decide if you are worth pursuing. We use a scorecard to evaluate how you answered the behavioral based questions and give it to our Director. At that point, it's up to her how she wants to proceed. The process can be long and daunting.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had multiple competing priorities. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ha! There is really no negotiation phase. You get what you get. If you don't like the offer, too bad. They will find someone else who will take the job at the pay being offered. If you have less than 5 years of experience, you will most likely get $15-16/hr. If you have 5-10 years experience, the average pay is $17-19/hr.

RN II Interview

RN II
Loudoun Heights, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Inova in March 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy and tiring. Unorganized.

Interview Question – Discuss your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inova in June 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Inova flew me in to interview in person with the hiring manager. Decision was made the day of the in-person interview. HR called to let me know and set up my orientation within an hour of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a difficult customer and how you dealt with him/her   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation took place before the in-person interview. The hiring manager quoted a salary. I suggested more. We briefly discussed, and I believed her that she was offering as much as she could for the position, so I accepted the quote.

Surgical Tech II Interview

Surgical Tech II
Fairfax, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Inova in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, traveled for a 1:1 interview with HR and the OR Educator, received an offer maybe two days later. wasn't able to start until Inova offered a hospital wide three day orientation to anyone hired in that time [approximately a month and a half after the initial interview]

Negotiation Details – salary for the position varied greatly from VA [where i was applying] and CT [where i was living at the time of interview/offer/etc} so i graciously accepted the offers presented.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Inova? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Inova interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Inova employees and interview candidates.