Inova Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.6

Data Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

The recruiter did not know how to ask questions about skills.
    I had been negotiating salary during the first phone call, which was unexpected and weird.
    The next step to talk in person with the manager was soon arranged right after the call.
    During the face-to-face interview, the behavioral questions were many and exhausted. Managers are nice and cool.

Psychiatric Unit RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

Was promised a full time position that never materialized. Also, this group laid off around 600 nurses in 2013. There was no warning from admin that this was about to take place.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my experience as a volunteer in the behavioral unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty simple. Back round check, interview with HR, Director and Hiring Manager. Interview questions were related to the job function and past experiences. What's my 5 year plan and how will I contribute to the team and system.

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

Applied for several positions within the INOVA Health System, took 7 weeks to hear anything. One interview with head of the department, offer within 2 days, but was mislead on what the offer would be ahead of time with no opportunity to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• None- the interview felt like a formality. I think the person who interviewed me was new to her role at the time and may have been less than prepared, as she was not the person who normally was responsible for interviewing new candidates. I was probably asked about overcoming a difficult work situation in the past and whether I could work well under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the screening phase prior to the interview I was asked for a range, told my expectations were very realistic. Then they low-balled me with the offer after my interview, and I was not given the chance to negotiate.

Patient Registration Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Inova (Alexandria, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews. The initial interview was with the recruiter, it was about 5 minutes long. Then the 2nd interview was with the Director and two other managers, about 1 hour. The last interview was with the Nursing Director. All interviews were behavioral type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Question: Explain a time when you had to difficult decision.   1 Answer

Radiology Technologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

Hired during student training. Group interview consisted of clinical instructor, supervisor, and senior mgr. Questions were related to strengths/weaknesses, least and favorite areas of work, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was: Describe an incidence where you delivered excellent patient care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Schedule Registration Representative I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you to tell you a bit about the position, the interview is set up, you go in for the interview and here something with in a week by phone.

Negotiation

There was none.

Clinical Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Inova in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard about about a 3 weeks to a month later. I had a group interview, 4 interviewers. They each asked me a few questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time where you came across a difficult person? What did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Inova (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

I was an internal candidate with experience who had a panel interviewed with senior leadership team. The skill set they desired as ideal was not completely my skill set, although I have potential. Too many people wanted few available positions.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Inova.

Interview

Inova has developed a very standardized way hiring and interviewing. However, my Director did not want to adhere to the new and standardized process which I found to be very irritating. She always said "this is my ship and I will run it the way I want to"... anyway, the process was to do a phone screening first and then bring the candidate in for an interview.

As an AR Supervisor, we look for AR Reps to fill the open roles in the department. So, you would typically expect to only meet with one or two people to interview you... Well, not with Inova. They like to have every freaking PFS Supervisor be involved in the interview process. You'd think we are interviewing for the next president. So, the candidate comes in and meets with a panel of supervisors who ask all behavioral based questions in addition to some AR skill set questions.

Then, after you leave we talk about you and decide if you are worth pursuing. We use a scorecard to evaluate how you answered the behavioral based questions and give it to our Director. At that point, it's up to her how she wants to proceed. The process can be long and daunting.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had multiple competing priorities. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ha! There is really no negotiation phase. You get what you get. If you don't like the offer, too bad. They will find someone else who will take the job at the pay being offered. If you have less than 5 years of experience, you will most likely get $15-16/hr. If you have 5-10 years experience, the average pay is $17-19/hr.