Inova Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Clinical Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

It was a very easygoing interview. The interviewer read off a list of questions & took notes. The interviewer was friendly. Hospital environment and employees were also friendly and helpful.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview with Nursing Recruiter, In person interview with Unit Management and peer review with current staff nurses. Filled out an application online and submitted resume...then telephone interview with recruiter. Second telephone interview with recruiter and follow up with filling out yet another, very similar, online application and resume submission. People answers survey followed. A week or so later was telephoned to set up an in person interview with management , in which more application details were needed. A peer / panel interview was held at the same time. Received an offer which was contingent on background check , health assessment and drug screen results.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation where what I learned in class ( textbook ) may differ from what my preceptor may be instructing me was the way that procedure may actually handled on the unit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt the offer was fair and I did not negotiate.

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inova in June 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview, then a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. Lastly, a panel interview with the Unit managers. The interview was set up by the nursing recruiter and the process was fairly smooth and quick. The hiring manager and unit staff were very nice and welcoming. I felt nervous during the interview but it wasn't because I felt intimidated or anything. They seemed very interested in learning about my medical field background. The environment was professional yet comfortable. I left the first in-person interview feeling very confident. The panel interview was more intense but I still felt that I still had a good chance in getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had and a creative way you fixed it.   Answer Question

Patient Access Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inova (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous and repetitive. Three interviews too many. Some of the same questions were asked by diffrent people. Communicaton between the HR staff and I could have been better. Weeks would go by without knowing the next step. Overall the process was ok.

Credentialing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inova (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred to by staffing agency and received an over the phone interview. I was asked what I did on my last assignment and was explained what I would be doing on this assignment, which was very similar. Researching and implementing data in an excel spreadsheet from various database systems for provider credentialing.

Interview Questions

• What did I do on the other job and am I a fast learner.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting ASAP and a positive attitude towards getting the job done.

Psychiatric Unit RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

Was promised a full time position that never materialized. Also, this group laid off around 600 nurses in 2013. There was no warning from admin that this was about to take place.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my experience as a volunteer in the behavioral unit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inova (Leesburg, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two of them who interviewed me. It was calm and good. They explained to me the job responsibilities and how it works around the department. They also showed me and introduced me around.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at this department? Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they said it is as is.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty simple. Back round check, interview with HR, Director and Hiring Manager. Interview questions were related to the job function and past experiences. What's my 5 year plan and how will I contribute to the team and system.

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

Applied for several positions within the INOVA Health System, took 7 weeks to hear anything. One interview with head of the department, offer within 2 days, but was mislead on what the offer would be ahead of time with no opportunity to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• None- the interview felt like a formality. I think the person who interviewed me was new to her role at the time and may have been less than prepared, as she was not the person who normally was responsible for interviewing new candidates. I was probably asked about overcoming a difficult work situation in the past and whether I could work well under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the screening phase prior to the interview I was asked for a range, told my expectations were very realistic. Then they low-balled me with the offer after my interview, and I was not given the chance to negotiate.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Inova.

Interview

Hired during student training. Group interview consisted of clinical instructor, supervisor, and senior mgr. Questions were related to strengths/weaknesses, least and favorite areas of work, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was: Describe an incidence where you delivered excellent patient care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.