Inovalon

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.5

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Inovalon.

Sent my resume and cover letter and heard back in one week. Scheduled a telephone interview with an HR staff person. We spent 30 minutes on the phone, i which time she said absolutely nothing of value about the job, company or their hiring process.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Inovalon in October 2014.

The initial phone screens and in-person interviews were scheduled within two weeks. Everything appeared to go well and the interviewers led me to believe they were going to extend an offer. The organization subsequently had a reorganization and the position was put on hold. The recruiter asked if I would wait a month (without a contingency offer or anything in writing). I followed up a few weeks later to learn the position had been eliminated during the reorg, but the recruiter did recommend me as a candidate for another position. Everyone was professional, but I wish the recruiter had been more proactive and timely in informing me of status updates.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work here? Have you not seen the reviews on glassdoor?   Answer Question

Clinical Communications Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Inovalon.

Checked to see if you really spoke Spanish. They needed to fill position. Needed a warm body that would follow directions and a script FOR ALL DISCUSSSIONS. Would not allow you to enter office or speak with anybody else.

Site Review Consultant Interview

Interview was by telephone and there were no surprises in the questions they asked. Only problem is the job was presented as a part-time position and they wanted me to commit to 24 hours a week but didn't have 24 hours worth of work to give me. Compensation was mediocre and work was difficult.

Unable to negotiate.

Product Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Inovalon.

The interview process was easy and organized. The initial interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The 2nd interview was with the Manager, Director and Sr. Director and consisted of doing a 5 minute presentation. The entire process took a week, which was very different from a previous experience with the organization in which I went in several times and received no feedback. Although, they did contact my reference. During the interview there was a lot of use of company acronyms which I found very confusing.

Interview Questions

Prior to the interview I reviewed Glassdoors and also spoke with a former employee. Both spoke about the high turnover in the organization and the lack of work life balance. I asked very specific questions regarding this and got a sense that the reviews were correct. Both times that I've interviewed with this organization the mangers have been new to their perspective roles and that was an issue for me. The culture of the organization was not conducive to my lifestyle.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Inovalon.

Every interaction was positive and encouraging. It started with the friendliness of the receptionist and recruiter and ended with the individual interviews with the potential team members. The process was pretty structured and straight forward. I asked most of the same questions to each of the individual interviewers and received consistent answers across the board.

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume online and had an hr interview next day. After 2 weeks I got a call and I was on technical interview (they did not schedule an interview). I had my resume on a different platform and the guy asked me one question on a different platform. And that was the end of the interview. The guy was very rude and unprofessional. He said ' We have high standards so we cannot take you'. His standards cannot be met

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and received a call from recruiter. The entire process took 15 days. The interview was pretty easy. First a HR round followed by a telephonic round with hiring manager and finally a face to face round. They consider you for multiple positions at a time.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Inovalon.

Had 2 phone round and one on site interviews - where I met with three Senior Manager/Director level folks:
    Phone 1: HR screening: checking basic communication skills, ability to relocate if needed, preference to work from home, current/expected compensation
    Phone 2: Manager: what type of projects/tools have you worked on, strengths / weaknesses etc.
    On site: Garden variety - why Inovalon, why healthcare, why this job etc.

Medical Records Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Inovalon.

They are looking for people with particular medical experience. You apply they contact you by phone to interview. After they review your resume you have to submit your drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and tax information for payroll. They provide directions.

Interview Questions
    None, they offered part time hours with a specific pay scale depending on education and experience.