Inovalon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Inovalon

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from recruiter. The entire process took 15 days. The interview was pretty easy. First a HR round followed by a telephonic round with hiring manager and finally a face to face round. They consider you for multiple positions at a time.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Bowie, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone round and one on site interviews - where I met with three Senior Manager/Director level folks:
Phone 1: HR screening: checking basic communication skills, ability to relocate if needed, preference to work from home, current/expected compensation
Phone 2: Manager: what type of projects/tools have you worked on, strengths / weaknesses etc.
On site: Garden variety - why Inovalon, why healthcare, why this job etc.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Bowie, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Inovalon in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from Employment specialist for initial discussion. I was asked about my current salary and they offered 10% less then what I get at present, I agreed as I was in need and looking for a job near my hometown(although later that same day I saw this job posting on job site where they had listed salary as $110,000/year for this position).
Employment specialist called me for in person interview.

On interview day(May 16, 2014), being a professional I arrived 20 minutes before scheduled time(as I was expected and communicated in email by employment specialist in his email as below:
"Please try to arrive 10 – 15 minutes early so I may answer any questions you have and provide you with some information regarding the interview process. " BUT, he didn't show up until the interview start time.
Then he took me to interview room and asked if I would need anything, I asked if I could get some water, he said sure -- but I didn't get water to drink.
Total 4 one-to-one interviews were scheduled for me(3 technical and 1 with Sr. Manager).(total 2 hours - 0.5 hour with each person). After 35 minutes(from scheduled interview start time) 3 people came all together for interview (they all were wearing kind of casual clothes - although I was told to wear business formals). None of them even offered a hand shake nor smiled or show any gesture for first meeting, so I went forward and offered a hand shake.
Interview started and they started asking questions, I was asked to write code on whiteboard with correct syntax (which is ok, as I understand is a part of interview process) and if I do not answer any question or answer partially - they were very rude and said in an insulting tone and expression -- "How did you get here", "Who took your interview", "do you know anything", "you don't know this", "where do you come from, now we see".. etc.. while answering their question. When I was writing code on white-board I heard some noise I looked back and saw three of them discussing with each other and making faces(as if they had seen something bad) and then 2 of them just left, I finished code and then the 3rd person asked couple of more questions. Total interview lasted for around 45 minutes. then he said I have no more question just wait here. I asked what the plan next, he said "wait I told you, right".
I was sitting and waiting in that room for 27 minutes then Employment specialist guy came and said.. you ready to go Mr., I said yeah. He said we'll let you know.

This has been my WORST experience in my entire life.

NOW, main points:

1. Skill set of person you interview may/may not match your company's requirement doesn't mean (as you are interviewer) you can insult people and say then they know nothing - FORGET about being professional this is not even HUMAN.
My advise: learn to respect all individuals(irrespective of their skill set, knowledge, nationality and based on any grounds).

2. All 4 people I met on my interview day(May 16, 2014) - clearly doesn't understand VALUE OF TIME. How can you let a person wait for 35 minutes after scheduled time of interview and then 27 minutes just to say "are you ready to leave"?
My advise: Time is precious, always remember.
Inovalon people - be on schedule in business meeting ESPECIALLY be on time on interviews(you represent your company - be Professional).

I could have replied back to those people but I didn't as I didn't want get in talk with such people, working with such a people and company - is a BIG NO.
I felt awful and insulted on this interview and so sharing this experience and hope it helps other professionals.

Interview Question – you don't know this, what, where do you come from.?   Answer Question

Medical Records Field Technician Interview

Medical Records Field Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

Interview Details – They are looking for people with particular medical experience. You apply they contact you by phone to interview. After they review your resume you have to submit your drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and tax information for payroll. They provide directions.

Interview Question – standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offered part time hours with a specific pay scale depending on education and experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Bowie, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Inovalon in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had an initial discussion with HR, then following were 4 interviews scheduled 3 one to one technical and and last one to one with Senior Manager(none if which never happened as scheduled).
I was onsite for interview, and had a panel interview, 3 guys took my technical interview, who were 21 minutes late. I was kind of literally grilled on every question. Interviewers were not atall professional as the way they ask question was rude, especially if you do not know answer to a certain question. They make you feel you are out if this world and do not know a bit.
I have 10 years of development experience and have never faced such an interview neither would like to in future.
Very unprofessional, as the employees i met did not exhibit basic professional code(greeting, meeting, communicating, etc)

Interview Question – How did you get here, who took your telephone screening, did you even had any?   View Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing

Interviewed at Inovalon

Interview Details – Recruiter called and asked 3-4 general resume questions and then indicated that they don't provide a salary range but they wanted to know my salary. I responded with what I had researched as other Director-level salary ranges and indicated this range was acceptable. They indicated that it was on high side, so I then provided my salary with some knowledge of a range. She said she would get back to me shortly. Never heard back. I followed to confirm that I was no longer being considered. Still no response. Real professional. I assume that my response may have been out of range, but when you say you will get back with someone, you should do it.

RN Call Center Interview

RN Call Center
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Inovalon in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is quick and easy, but they paint a very different picture from what the truth is. There is not much to say. The recruiter contacted me out of the blue and after some straight forward conversation, I was given an offer in writing and offered a job, all within one weeks time. The problems come the minute you are hired and have to leave your brain at the door.

Negotiation Details – quick and easy

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Bowie, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

Interview Details – Very informal process, but had multiple phone screens and one day of 4-in person interviews

Very Easy Interview

RN Call Center Interview

RN Call Center
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Inovalon in October 2012.

Interview Details – Brief interview

Interview Question – Questions were not complicated   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Inovalon.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter, more than 20 emails back and forth to set up an initial phone screen, more than 100 total by the end of the face to face on site group interview.

Email at 11pm is designed to see how much of your personal life you will give to them... Maybe the Inovalon recruiter I was assigned was a bit eccentric, or maybe this is a gristmill that fresh grads with little or no experience can learn what micro management and soul sucking corporate is all about.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about firing people.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not giving up my life for micro managed always dire emergencies for lower-mid 5 digits

Interviews for Top Jobs at Inovalon

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!

Inovalon Videos

Inovalon – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​​Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics with highly targeted interventions to achieve meaningful impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Inovalon interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Inovalon employees and interview candidates.