Inovalon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Inovalon (Columbia, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very welcoming. I personally enjoyed the interview. It went very, very well and tge interviewer was very professional. The down side was the starting pay. This is more of an entry level position and there didn't seem to be any room for negotiation. Also reading the reviews impacted my decision a great deal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you influenced someones decision?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Inovalon (Bowie, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and screened. Interviewed by 5 senior directors separately. Very interesting conversation; didn't feel like an interview but it was very long (over 2hrs). Great individuals and recruiter.

Interview Questions

I declined because I got a better offer from another company. Other than that, would have accepted if I had no other offers. I was also concerned about long term job stability and given all the research I had conducted and reviews I read, not sure where the company's going.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Inovalon.

Interview

I met with 2 people in management who told me what the job description was and than we talked about football while waiting for the next part of interview. Basically the company called me with a recruiter giving a basic job description and than arranged a time for me to interview. I met with the hiring manager and after him his boss and answered basic questions about the position. Than they called me the next day and offered me a position sending me an offer letter and company information.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult caller and how did you handle the situation and what did you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called with an offer and I accepted

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Inovalon.

Interview

Submitted resume to their online database. Two weeks later, received a call from HR. Had phone screen, answered a questionnaire HR sent via email. Had a phone panel interview with three people. The bad experience I had was not receiving an email or call from my follow up to HR. It was total silence. It would be great if an interviewer receives some feedback, even if it was a email or letter stating that they hired someone else or the position was placed on hold or canceled.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Inovalon.

Interview

Sent my resume and cover letter and heard back in one week. Scheduled a telephone interview with an HR staff person. We spent 30 minutes on the phone, i which time she said absolutely nothing of value about the job, company or their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Inovalon (Bowie, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial phone screens and in-person interviews were scheduled within two weeks. Everything appeared to go well and the interviewers led me to believe they were going to extend an offer. The organization subsequently had a reorganization and the position was put on hold. The recruiter asked if I would wait a month (without a contingency offer or anything in writing). I followed up a few weeks later to learn the position had been eliminated during the reorg, but the recruiter did recommend me as a candidate for another position. Everyone was professional, but I wish the recruiter had been more proactive and timely in informing me of status updates.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here? Have you not seen the reviews on glassdoor?   Answer Question

Clinical Communications Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Inovalon.

Interview

Checked to see if you really spoke Spanish. They needed to fill position. Needed a warm body that would follow directions and a script FOR ALL DISCUSSSIONS. Would not allow you to enter office or speak with anybody else.

Site Review Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview was by telephone and there were no surprises in the questions they asked. Only problem is the job was presented as a part-time position and they wanted me to commit to 24 hours a week but didn't have 24 hours worth of work to give me. Compensation was mediocre and work was difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Inovalon.

Interview

The interview process was easy and organized. The initial interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The 2nd interview was with the Manager, Director and Sr. Director and consisted of doing a 5 minute presentation. The entire process took a week, which was very different from a previous experience with the organization in which I went in several times and received no feedback. Although, they did contact my reference. During the interview there was a lot of use of company acronyms which I found very confusing.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the position?   1 Answer

Prior to the interview I reviewed Glassdoors and also spoke with a former employee. Both spoke about the high turnover in the organization and the lack of work life balance. I asked very specific questions regarding this and got a sense that the reviews were correct. Both times that I've interviewed with this organization the mangers have been new to their perspective roles and that was an issue for me. The culture of the organization was not conducive to my lifestyle.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Inovalon (Bowie, MD).

Interview

Every interaction was positive and encouraging. It started with the friendliness of the receptionist and recruiter and ended with the individual interviews with the potential team members. The process was pretty structured and straight forward. I asked most of the same questions to each of the individual interviewers and received consistent answers across the board.