Inovalon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Clinical Communications Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Inovalon.

Checked to see if you really spoke Spanish. They needed to fill position. Needed a warm body that would follow directions and a script FOR ALL DISCUSSSIONS. Would not allow you to enter office or speak with anybody else.

Senior Manager, Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Inovalon in June 2014.

Submitted resume on line, followed by a phone screen with the recruiter. First phone screen with the hiring manager no one was on the call. Thought I would give it a second chance, my stupidity. Had second phone interview and a in person interview the following week. The hiring manager asked me the same question he did on the phone. The other two people I interviewed with were his peers. One has been there since the company started and the other has only been there a month. NO real technical questions where asked during any of the interviews.

This interview was over three months ago. The recruiter did follow up with me a few times in the beginning but since has been unresponsive for two months. I have left numerous voicemails and emails to both the recruiter and the hiring manager with ZERO response. Just poor follow through skills.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Inovalon in February 2014.

The interview process moved very quickly. Within the same week, I was interviewed by the recruiter and shortly thereafter I had a phone screen with the Manager. The following week I came in for an in-person interview. The atmosphere in the building was great. The people I met were all very friendly and I felt as if this was a very good place for me.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question - How would you rate your SQL skills?   Answer Question
    The salary I was offered was good but I wish I had asked for more especially after working there for a few months. The salary is insufficient compared to the excessive workload. Negotiate, Negotiate, Negotiate!

Product Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Inovalon.

The interview process was easy and organized. The initial interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. The 2nd interview was with the Manager, Director and Sr. Director and consisted of doing a 5 minute presentation. The entire process took a week, which was very different from a previous experience with the organization in which I went in several times and received no feedback. Although, they did contact my reference. During the interview there was a lot of use of company acronyms which I found very confusing.

Interview Questions

Prior to the interview I reviewed Glassdoors and also spoke with a former employee. Both spoke about the high turnover in the organization and the lack of work life balance. I asked very specific questions regarding this and got a sense that the reviews were correct. Both times that I've interviewed with this organization the mangers have been new to their perspective roles and that was an issue for me. The culture of the organization was not conducive to my lifestyle.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

Every interaction was positive and encouraging. It started with the friendliness of the receptionist and recruiter and ended with the individual interviews with the potential team members. The process was pretty structured and straight forward. I asked most of the same questions to each of the individual interviewers and received consistent answers across the board.

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume online and had an hr interview next day. After 2 weeks I got a call and I was on technical interview (they did not schedule an interview). I had my resume on a different platform and the guy asked me one question on a different platform. And that was the end of the interview. The guy was very rude and unprofessional. He said ' We have high standards so we cannot take you'. His standards cannot be met

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and received a call from recruiter. The entire process took 15 days. The interview was pretty easy. First a HR round followed by a telephonic round with hiring manager and finally a face to face round. They consider you for multiple positions at a time.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

Had 2 phone round and one on site interviews - where I met with three Senior Manager/Director level folks:
    Phone 1: HR screening: checking basic communication skills, ability to relocate if needed, preference to work from home, current/expected compensation
    Phone 2: Manager: what type of projects/tools have you worked on, strengths / weaknesses etc.
    On site: Garden variety - why Inovalon, why healthcare, why this job etc.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Inovalon in May 2014.

I got a phone call from Employment specialist for initial discussion. I was asked about my current salary and they offered 10% less then what I get at present, I agreed as I was in need and looking for a job near my hometown(although later that same day I saw this job posting on job site where they had listed salary as $110,000/year for this position).
    Employment specialist called me for in person interview.

On interview day(May 16, 2014), being a professional I arrived 20 minutes before scheduled time(as I was expected and communicated in email by employment specialist in his email as below:
    "Please try to arrive 10 – 15 minutes early so I may answer any questions you have and provide you with some information regarding the interview process. " BUT, he didn't show up until the interview start time.
    Then he took me to interview room and asked if I would need anything, I asked if I could get some water, he said sure -- but I didn't get water to drink.
    Total 4 one-to-one interviews were scheduled for me(3 technical and 1 with Sr. Manager).(total 2 hours - 0.5 hour with each person). After 35 minutes(from scheduled interview start time) 3 people came all together for interview (they all were wearing kind of casual clothes - although I was told to wear business formals). None of them even offered a hand shake nor smiled or show any gesture for first meeting, so I went forward and offered a hand shake.
    Interview started and they started asking questions, I was asked to write code on whiteboard with correct syntax (which is ok, as I understand is a part of interview process) and if I do not answer any question or answer partially - they were very rude and said in an insulting tone and expression -- "How did you get here", "Who took your interview", "do you know anything", "you don't know this", "where do you come from, now we see".. etc.. while answering their question. When I was writing code on white-board I heard some noise I looked back and saw three of them discussing with each other and making faces(as if they had seen something bad) and then 2 of them just left, I finished code and then the 3rd person asked couple of more questions. Total interview lasted for around 45 minutes. then he said I have no more question just wait here. I asked what the plan next, he said "wait I told you, right".
    I was sitting and waiting in that room for 27 minutes then Employment specialist guy came and said.. you ready to go Mr., I said yeah. He said we'll let you know.

This has been my WORST experience in my entire life.

NOW, main points:

1. Skill set of person you interview may/may not match your company's requirement doesn't mean (as you are interviewer) you can insult people and say then they know nothing - FORGET about being professional this is not even HUMAN.
    My advise: learn to respect all individuals(irrespective of their skill set, knowledge, nationality and based on any grounds).

2. All 4 people I met on my interview day(May 16, 2014) - clearly doesn't understand VALUE OF TIME. How can you let a person wait for 35 minutes after scheduled time of interview and then 27 minutes just to say "are you ready to leave"?
    My advise: Time is precious, always remember.
    Inovalon people - be on schedule in business meeting ESPECIALLY be on time on interviews(you represent your company - be Professional).

I could have replied back to those people but I didn't as I didn't want get in talk with such people, working with such a people and company - is a BIG NO.
    I felt awful and insulted on this interview and so sharing this experience and hope it helps other professionals.

Medical Records Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inovalon.

They are looking for people with particular medical experience. You apply they contact you by phone to interview. After they review your resume you have to submit your drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and tax information for payroll. They provide directions.

Interview Questions
    None, they offered part time hours with a specific pay scale depending on education and experience.

Worked for Inovalon? Contribute to the Community!