Inria

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Post Doctoral Researcher Interview

Post Doctoral Researcher

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Inria in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied for a post-doctoral researcher position in one of the Inria lab, by following their advertisement in dbworld forum. I had contacted the hiring manager by sending my latest resume, research statement and the transcript of my PhD study. Later I was contacted by the manager for an online interview process over skype. The interview went for 2 hours. In the interview I was basically asked questions about my PhD research topic. I was also asked about my understanding about the current project in which I would be hired and about my learnings from projects that I was a part of in the past. Moreover it was a very informal discussion and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Interview Question – When I was asked about few very finer technical details about a project, which I was a part of 6 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is standardized there is no way to negotiate!

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Rennes (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Inria in May 2010.

Interview Details – There is not much to say about the interview process for this job. Selection was made based on Resume and Master grades but most importantly based on previous intern supervisor recommendation. The questions were more about research project, previous studies and the domain of expertise. Overall it was a nice experience, the interviews were scheduled in one day in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Questions about research project.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Rennes (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Inria.

Interview Details – There is in general an interview with the supervisor and cosupervisor (if any) and probably some other members of the team.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Nancy (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Inria in April 2010.

Interview Details – My references were contacted and feedback about me was taken to consider me for the position. And after a quick discussion over emails, I was invited to work as an intern.

Interview Question – Experience with Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery and questions from things mentioned on my CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as such as the intern's salaries are fixed.

Worked for Inria? Contribute to the Community!