InsideSales.Com

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Enterprise Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in January 2015.

Started with the recruiter calling me about a month after I submitted a resume. This I deem ok simply because it was over the holidays. However discussions with the recruiter and the subsequent interviews with a couple "regional vp's" (ie sales manager with big-ish titles) were somewhat disappointing. They want to centralize all their sales people under 1 roof which indicates an immature C-level opinion of the sales force, although since the company is called "InsideSales.com" keeping its sales force their watchful eye is to be expected. I chose to pass on continuing the interview process - too many red flags for someone who's been around the block a few times.

They have received lots of funding and if you're a 20-something looking for a nice sales gig for a couple years or you need big brother making sure you work, this is probably a decent place. If you're experienced and don't need/want to be micromanaged "this is not the place". This is a typical Utah-startup (although they have been around for over 10 years) and it really shows. Lots of big talk and hype and probably a good place for a couple years....for someone else.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Its obvious they are ramping up fast at this moment and are just looking for warm bodies and will probably churn a bunch out in 6 months.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in December 2014.

Meet the recruiter at a career fair. Started to understand the company and was asked to interview with the Sales Engineer position. Has a face to face interview that involved some sales situations and technical questions about SQL 101.

After that they gave me a login into a portal to upload and test out their product. The idea was to create and generate a campaign based off of the information that is given. There was some SQL corrections that needed to be done to the data.

I was given a week to review and create the campaign. Once that was completed, went back to present on the was created and learned over the past week. It was a great opportunity to meet with the team and understand better what the goal of the product is to accomplish.

Interview Questions

An opportunity to go with a different company.

Lead Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in December 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn on Nov 17. Called to check status a week later, was told a recruiter would call in the next few days. No call. Called to check in a week later, left phone message, no response to phone message. Finally contacted by recruiter on Dec 11, phone interview Dec 12. Eliminated as a candidate for the position during first 5 minutes of call, but recruiter was very fair, personable, and helpful. A positive experience for me overall, even though I was eliminated as a candidate fairly quickly - which is probably a tribute to the recruiter's skill.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interview was very short, as pertaining to the position advertised.   Answer Question

QA Interview

The hiring process is very slow and unorganized. It took over a month to complete all of the interviews. Throughout the interview process I interviewed with six different people on separate occasions (phone and in person). You will be meeting with the managers, director, VP, HR and anyone else that is related to your position. The interview process can be a waste of your time if you do not get hired because they are not great with communicating to you what next steps are and what they are looking for in a candidate. Great company in terms of the potential it has to offer you; however, this company is very indecisive and unstable when it comes to hiring. They tell you one thing and then they'll come back with something totally different.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2014.

The company is experiencing hypergrowth. When they first contact me, I wasn't looking for a Job as I had been for a while with my former employer, a publicly traded company. So I told them I wasn't interested but I wanted to learn more about the company. I went ahead and researched more and that got me really excited so I decided to go for it.

There were several interview stages. First a phone screening with the recruiter to learn more about the position. Then an on-site interview with the manager in charge of the position you are applying for. Then one with the VP that is over the department and then HR. They can be back to back or on different days.

It's a very organized process and a great company. We need talent and people not driven for money but for what we do: Science to unlock human potential, specifically science applied on sales acceleration. The products we have work and everything we are doing gets me excited, that's why I joined the company.

We have nice perks and they are getting better with the grow. Several top executives from Forture 500 companies are joining InsideSales.com, here we believe on what we do.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer

Associate Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in August 2014.

Apply online by filling out a form, taking a survey, and submitting your resume. There are usually three interviews, one with the manager of your position, one with the director, and one with HR. They can all be done back-to-back or over a period of a few days. The interviewers were friendly and understand that different personality types have their different advantages. I am fairly introverted, but they knew that was fine for a position in development.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any surprise questions. They all seemed straightforward and job-related.   Answer Question
    For me it was a phone call soon after I was hired. They sent the contract a little later that day.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online – interviewed at InsideSales.Com.

You must go through several interviews including an interview with an HR rep, with the manager and director over the team you would be hired to, and with Dave Elkington himself (the CEO). The interviews are pretty straitforward and they prettymuch ask you what experience you have, and discuss the things on your resume. If you meet the qualifications posted on the job application you have a very good chance of getting the job, because the company is growing a lot right now.
    You must also complete a Persogenics personality test that I believe they also take into consideration when they hire you (they want an equal balance of the different personalities working for them).
    In the end, if the manager wants you and no one else has any major objections you will probably get the job.
    Just repeat your skills and qualifications in each interview.

Interview Questions
    • Dave asks questions about how other people would describe you; your weaknesses, strengths, etc.
      He expects you to respond quickly and directly because he wants to keep it very brief, which can make it a little stressful.

View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was told how much the pay would be, and then later received a phone call stating that I had been accepted for the job and I should send in my acceptance letter.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InsideSales.Com.

haphazard at best.

Interview Questions
    • CEO: Do you have arguments with your spouse?   View Answer

Their pay scale was super low and not competitive.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2013.

I was amazed at how short the entire process went for me. I consider myself lucky to have found a good match to my skills and objectives, and to go from application to offer so quickly. I literally had an offer within 72 hours of applying online.

Due to the aggressive growth of the company, I suspect a lot of the speed and ease of the hiring process had to do with timing, but my accumulated skill set over 13 years in sales likely helped in making me an attractive candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say was the best thing about you, and what would he or she say you could work on?   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate as this was my first job in the saas industry, but my offered compensation package and the employee benefits that started from Day 1 didn't make me feel shortchanged in the least.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2013.

5 total interviews. Move through the process quickly if they like you. Have your linked in account up to date.

Interview Questions
    They emailed an offer letter and I e-signed.