InsideSales.Com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist
Provo, UT

I applied online and interviewed at InsideSales.Com.

Interview Details – You must go through several interviews including an interview with an HR rep, with the manager and director over the team you would be hired to, and with Dave Elkington himself (the CEO). The interviews are pretty straitforward and they prettymuch ask you what experience you have, and discuss the things on your resume. If you meet the qualifications posted on the job application you have a very good chance of getting the job, because the company is growing a lot right now.
You must also complete a Persogenics personality test that I believe they also take into consideration when they hire you (they want an equal balance of the different personalities working for them).
In the end, if the manager wants you and no one else has any major objections you will probably get the job.
Just repeat your skills and qualifications in each interview.

Interview Question – Dave asks questions about how other people would describe you; your weaknesses, strengths, etc.
He expects you to respond quickly and directly because he wants to keep it very brief, which can make it a little stressful.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was told how much the pay would be, and then later received a phone call stating that I had been accepted for the job and I should send in my acceptance letter.

Very Easy Interview

Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filed an application on the website, and was contacted by a recruiter. He scheduled to meet with me in person. I met with him for about 15 minutes, then spoke with the VP of Sales. I was also able to meet with the CEO on the same visit shortly after. As mentioned in other reviews, this company asked very inappropriate questions such as your marital status, if you had a girlfriend. Things like, "What would your girlfriend say it your worst quality?" I received an offer letter shortly after, with only a day to accept or decline it. I was waiting on another offer, but accepted it, even though I had another offer come in shortly after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was desperate and was happy to have accepted the offer.

Provo, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in February 2013.

Interview Details – This was a joke. I went through 5 interviews, only to be in the final interview with the CEO and a young kid who had only had one initial interview. CEO asked about our relationship with our fathers, and asked to find a fault in someone we looked up to in our lives. Daddy issues/Superiority complex much?

Interview Question – Think of someone you look up to in life. What is one quality they lack, or something that is a fault in them?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Spoke to 5+ former employees who all said the same thing...Over worked, under-paid, and the start-up feel got old really quick for a company who is passed the start-up faze.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company and they were very attentive to my needs. I felt like the considered my skills and experienced and placed me where I would succeed.

Interview Question – What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I feel like they compensate quite well based on experience. I didn't have much to negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at InsideSales.Com.

Interview Details – The hiring manager will call you to set up an interview. He/She may discuss your resume briefly.

Interview Question – What is Pragmatic Marketing -- This question was difficult due to being unaware of this methodology that they use.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at InsideSales.Com.

Interview Details – haphazard at best.

Interview Question – CEO: Do you have arguments with your spouse?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Their pay scale was super low and not competitive.

Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2013.

Interview Details – 5 total interviews. Move through the process quickly if they like you. Have your linked in account up to date.

Interview Question – In your own words, what is SaaS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They emailed an offer letter and I e-signed.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Sales Account Executive
Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was amazed at how short the entire process went for me. I consider myself lucky to have found a good match to my skills and objectives, and to go from application to offer so quickly. I literally had an offer within 72 hours of applying online.

Due to the aggressive growth of the company, I suspect a lot of the speed and ease of the hiring process had to do with timing, but my accumulated skill set over 13 years in sales likely helped in making me an attractive candidate.

Interview Question – What would your last employer say was the best thing about you, and what would he or she say you could work on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate as this was my first job in the saas industry, but my offered compensation package and the employee benefits that started from Day 1 didn't make me feel shortchanged in the least.

Provo, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews which required coming in on two occasions. This is comparable to other places I've interviewed. It was pretty typical as far as interviewing goes in my opinion. I did feel it took a little while for me to actually get an offer, particularly after my final interview. In fact, I had to be proactive and call in to make sure things were still progressing and that's when I found out they needed a personality test.

Interview Question – "What would other people not like about you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advise to try to negotiate at least a little, I didn't really.

Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume, they were very quick in getting back to me. I first did a Personagenics personality assessment, which they use heavily in the interview/hiring process.

Interview Question – What would your spouse say is your worst quality.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for InsideSales.Com? Contribute to the Community!