InsideSales.Com

InsideSales.Com Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in October 2014.

The company is experiencing hypergrowth. When they first contact me, I wasn't looking for a Job as I had been for a while with my former employer, a publicly traded company. So I told them I wasn't interested but I wanted to learn more about the company. I went ahead and researched more and that got me really excited so I decided to go for it.

There were several interview stages. First a phone screening with the recruiter to learn more about the position. Then an on-site interview with the manager in charge of the position you are applying for. Then one with the VP that is over the department and then HR. They can be back to back or on different days.

It's a very organized process and a great company. We need talent and people not driven for money but for what we do: Science to unlock human potential, specifically science applied on sales acceleration. The products we have work and everything we are doing gets me excited, that's why I joined the company.

We have nice perks and they are getting better with the grow. Several top executives from Forture 500 companies are joining InsideSales.com, here we believe on what we do.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InsideSales.Com

Software Engineer Interview

I applied on their site and got a call for phone interview. HR seemed very nice and helpful but the people who took my interview seemed to be in hurry or they had already decided that they don't find me fit. I think in about 5 minutes they hung up. I was interrupted while I was answering one question if I had any questions and I was confused as in why is he asking me this so soon. I asked something and then he hung up. There was suppose to be someone else too but he had no questions for me.

Seriously speaking I found the company to be very promising and would have liked to work there but not after all this.

If they found me not fit for the position then I would have appreciated if they would have told me this upfront rather than just passing by like air.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online – interviewed at InsideSales.Com in February 2013.

Did a phone interview with an HR guy. Brought in for an interview. I thought I nailed it. The technical questions were easy. Felt I had impressed them. The gave me a quiz on PHP for web dev. I know I got these right. Then I got the e-mail saying "no offer". So I was a little confused. Got a better job in the mean time yet they still try to recruit me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InsideSales.Com in September 2012.

My initial contact with the company was at one of the regularly held open houses. There was food and a chance to circulate and chat with the recruiter and prospective co-workers. There was a short presentation about what the company does and a Q&A session. There was a tour of the workplace and an opportunity to talk more one-on-one with potential co-workers and a hiring manager. I requested an interview and got an email address to submit my resume.

Before going to the interview, I filled out the application and took a personality inventory (Persogenics). The Persogenics results are used in hiring decisions but there was no explanation of how much weight they are given.

The first part of the interview process was a quick discussion with HR (I don't remember much about this :-) followed by a short computerized technical test on PHP, Javascript, and HTML.

Next, I had an interview with the hiring managers, which covered my employment history, what kind of projects I had worked on, and what kind of worker I was. The questions were not very detailed. I had the opportunity to ask any questions I wanted. It probably took 30-40 minutes.

The second interview was with the CEO, who makes it a priority to interview all prospective hires. He is very energetic and intelligent, and obviously passionate about what the company is doing. He asked high-level questions about my work history, personality in the workplace, and strengths and weaknesses. After spending some time with him, it's easy to believe that the company is going to take over the world. This interview took another 30 minutes or so.

I received an offer the morning after the interview. I had two days to make a decision. Moving quickly on new hires is typical for the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really unexpected questions, but there were a couple of the typical difficult ones, such as "What is your biggest personal weakness?"   Answer Question
    I did get an offer to stay at my current employer with a salary increase. I asked the recruiter if they would be willing to make a counter-offer. The answer was "possibly", but that they were not going to get into a bidding war. They were also not willing to give me extra time beyond the initial two days to negotiate or make a decision.