InsideView Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015

4.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at InsideView.

Interview

I was basically from other place rather than where Inside View office would be.
Before calling me to interview there were totally 3 -Telephonic rounds

1st -Telephonic was purely based on Mathematics (Progressions,Permuations and Combinations) and few algorithms
2nd -Telephonic was on JAVA/J2EE technologies (Spring,Hibernate,Core JAVA,Threading,Collections,Garbage Collection concepts)
3rdd -Telephonic was on both JAVA and Algorithms ( Go through howtodoinjava and Geeksforgeeks to crack it comfortably)

Then I had F2F after almost a fortnight

4th round F2F -Threads,HashMap,Permutation of Numbers question
5th round -Senior Member round -More on Project work(deep inside into it) ,Basics of SQL,Garbage collection in JAVA
6th round -HR round (Salary,any offers etc)

Interview Questions

• Given a stream of integers find median   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InsideView

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at InsideView (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

It was scheduled walk in interview. There were around 40 candidates appeared for the interview.

First round was written test consists of ten questions. Quetions of DS, multi threading, collections. One word about the test was 'oh so difficult'. During interview they served snacks and drinks which I havent experienced before. After done with the test they had given a presentation about the company. Overall it was good experience even though I didnt select.

Interview Questions

• Questions I remember:
      1. Write a program using multi threading in java to print sequence of numbers in ascending order from 1 to 10 using ten threads.
      2. Wrtte an algorithm for binary search for the given sorted array when the array was rotated on any specific index.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at InsideView (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

I have 2yrs experience in software development. They called me for F2F interview. I was asked to write a program that reads data, which is like a table in database, and produces results for user queries.

Data is: in txt file.

ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, AGE, SALARY, TITLE
    1, "venkatesh", "kumar", 21, 30000, "reporter"
    2, "kiran", "kannan", 45, 9000, "chairman"
    3, "pradeep", "mishra", 35, 15000, "manager"
    4, "suman", "raj", 35, 12000, "manager"

user query will be like
    "select firstName, lastName where age>25 orderby salary dsc"

dsc - for descending
    you have to produce appropriate records. I didn't well in interview. but later I tried to solve it. I provided my answer below.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at InsideView (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

I have applied for Software Engineer job online, one day I got a call from HR and scheduled a telephonic round of interview. I have prepared for all my skill set that I have mentioned in resume. Two interviewers (SSE level) called me on time and started discussion about my current project details, I gave brief description of what I am working currently. They started asking questions about DataStructures and Algorithms based on Arrays which I did not expect in telephonic round, later they asked java questions like collection typical questions, Comparator, Comparable, Servlets, Spring MVC and IOC etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Algorithms in telephonic interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InsideView (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

It was fun giving interview for this company.
    Questions were to check depth of my technical strength and problem solving aptitude.
    Interviewers were impressive and very clear about what they want to ask.

Negotiation

It was smooth, though I should have negotiated more. In retrospect I feel so.