InsideView

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at InsideView in February 2014.

Interview Details – I have 2yrs experience in software development. They called me for F2F interview. I was asked to write a program that reads data, which is like a table in database, and produces results for user queries.

Data is: in txt file.

ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, AGE, SALARY, TITLE
1, "venkatesh", "kumar", 21, 30000, "reporter"
2, "kiran", "kannan", 45, 9000, "chairman"
3, "pradeep", "mishra", 35, 15000, "manager"
4, "suman", "raj", 35, 12000, "manager"

user query will be like
"select firstName, lastName where age>25 orderby salary dsc"

dsc - for descending
you have to produce appropriate records. I didn't well in interview. but later I tried to solve it. I provided my answer below.

Interview Question – only one question   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at InsideView in October 2013.

Interview Details – I have applied for Software Engineer job online, one day I got a call from HR and scheduled a telephonic round of interview. I have prepared for all my skill set that I have mentioned in resume. Two interviewers (SSE level) called me on time and started discussion about my current project details, I gave brief description of what I am working currently. They started asking questions about DataStructures and Algorithms based on Arrays which I did not expect in telephonic round, later they asked java questions like collection typical questions, Comparator, Comparable, Servlets, Spring MVC and IOC etc.

Interview Question – Questions related to Algorithms in telephonic interview   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InsideView in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was fun giving interview for this company.
Questions were to check depth of my technical strength and problem solving aptitude.
Interviewers were impressive and very clear about what they want to ask.

Negotiation Details – It was smooth, though I should have negotiated more. In retrospect I feel so.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for InsideView? Contribute to the Community!

InsideView Videos

InsideView – Why Work for Us?

"InsideView is growing aggressively...The number of users has risen almost 250% over the past year…InsideView has gained a measure of mind share disproportionate to its size, with firms interested in SaaS-based tools… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InsideView Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by InsideView employees and interview candidates.