Insight Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, went through 2 phone interviews. Then scheduled an in person interview with account manager. I was told that by both women that they would recommend me to the next step in the process...a week later I was contacted by the recruiter and told that they thought I was a great candidate but would not be recomending me for the next step.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insight (Chantilly, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

You can apply online then a recruiter will call you to and conduct a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well they will then set up a one on one interview with one of the managers. The manager will go through your resume and have you explain what you have listed in your previous job. They were very excited about the new contact SEWP V and want people with experience with the contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

3 Interviews, straightforward questions, overall and easy interview for an honest experienced sales person. Be prepared with your former companies elevator pitch, and some stories about successes and failures in the past.

Interview Questions

• Work history, how you have overcome issues and objections in the past   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

Was referenced by an employee and was contacted by an Insight recruiter. Phone based interview was pretty standard with questions about background and selling points of Insight. Follow up interview was with an Operations Manager with a deeper dive on previous interview questions. More focused on personality and interaction with internal support resources. Next step was face to face interview with hiring manager with questions focusing on segment experience and technical background. Final interview was with VP but more of a formality since hiring manager ultimately extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Pretty standard questions for an IT sales position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary to a certain degree. Salaries vary depending on position and level of experience.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Was recruited based on job history and was advised of extraordinary growth potential but just didn't turn out to be that

Interview Questions

• Wheter or not this job would be good for stability in role for years to come   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

First you'll have a phone interview with a recruiter and they'll go over the standard questions; "tell me about a time...". If you pass that interview the recruiter will schedule an in person interview typically with 2 sales managers. Then in a couple of days you'll hear from the recruiter and they will send you instructions for your drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• You're asked to sell the sales managers your cell phone during the interview. Sometimes, depending on the interviewing managers, you may also be asked to leave a mock voicemail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting base and commission are standard, no negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy. It wasn't a hard process to get the interview. After a screening with a phone recruiter, I was moved on to the next round. I needed to take a personality quiz to determine fit, although I don't think that personality quiz is very indicative of the role of job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

4 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews, and several dozen emails and phone calls back and forth in between all of that, then the background check, drug test, and waiting a month for start date. It was a mess, and I was in and out of town twice to get to the interviews, which were each rescheduled 3 times.

Negotiation

"Here is the offer, we do not negotiate"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their website and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived and sat around for 30 minutes after my interview time before being taken back and speaking with a trainer and a manager. They asked me a series of pointless questions for an hour that had nothing to do with job I was called about. After I left I waited a week and received an email with an offer for a job. I had to go back in to fill out paperwork and then a month later I started the job.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was asked were unexpected because they had nothing to do with my abilities or the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you either take what they offer or you don't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. It was one of the more pleasant aspects regarding the company. The individuals that I interviewed with were great people and the lower level management was some of the strong suit of the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to find the clientele needed for you to succeed in the sales role here at Insight?   Answer Question