Insight Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2014

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Insight.

Was referenced by an employee and was contacted by an Insight recruiter. Phone based interview was pretty standard with questions about background and selling points of Insight. Follow up interview was with an Operations Manager with a deeper dive on previous interview questions. More focused on personality and interaction with internal support resources. Next step was face to face interview with hiring manager with questions focusing on segment experience and technical background. Final interview was with VP but more of a formality since hiring manager ultimately extended the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing in particular. Pretty standard questions for an IT sales position.   Answer Question
Negotiated salary to a certain degree. Salaries vary depending on position and level of experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight

Account Executive Interview

Was recruited based on job history and was advised of extraordinary growth potential but just didn't turn out to be that

Interview Questions
    • Wheter or not this job would be good for stability in role for years to come   Answer Question
    Easy paper work

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Insight.

4 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews, and several dozen emails and phone calls back and forth in between all of that, then the background check, drug test, and waiting a month for start date. It was a mess, and I was in and out of town twice to get to the interviews, which were each rescheduled 3 times.

"Here is the offer, we do not negotiate"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insight in July 2011.

Submitted my resume through their website and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived and sat around for 30 minutes after my interview time before being taken back and speaking with a trainer and a manager. They asked me a series of pointless questions for an hour that had nothing to do with job I was called about. After I left I waited a week and received an email with an offer for a job. I had to go back in to fill out paperwork and then a month later I started the job.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions I was asked were unexpected because they had nothing to do with my abilities or the job.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, you either take what they offer or you don't get the job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Insight.

Very good interview process - probably a little too much considering the job is just a call centre. They promise the earth and end up delivering very little on what they promise.

Very little

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight.

Initial 1 hour phone interview, then face to face with HR and Director of Sales; followed by an aptitude test.

Very little room for negotiation

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!