Insight Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Insight Communications in December 2011.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair. Lady like me and scheduled the interview for the next day. They said they go thru a temp agency. I had a misdermeaner on my background and lied about graduating from highschool, neither was asked until a year later. Which I thought was odd. They reqiure you to do training in 6wks the longest I've trained.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Interview

Sales
Florence, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Communications in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by about 3 sales team managers. Interview didnt take very long but I was somewhat studied on the company. They seemed to like me and I was hired

Interview Question – I dont remember any extremely difficult questions   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Communications.

Interview Details – The interview was done in multiple stages, an intial screen of technical abilities with the potential co-workers. A detailed interview with the department manager and then and final interview with the director and the department manager.

Interview Question – Microsoft exchange platform questions that I had no experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I probably undershot my salary, I didn't push back hard enough on their counter.

Direct Sales Interview

Direct Sales
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Insight Communications in October 2009.

Interview Details – After being called 3 or 4 times I finally went in for an interview.
I came to Insight with a fairly extensive sales background.
After meeting with HR and a Team Supervisor I was offered the job, had to go for a drug test and started a week later

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forard and nothing out of left field. They asked me about my clients from a previous job, the good the bad and the ugly and what I learned from them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and that was it, take it or leave it.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Evansville, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Insight Communications in July 2008.

Interview Details – Did not really ask a lot of questions, very hard to track down the manager to get the interview that was promised

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they offered you a salary, you either took it or not.

Very Easy Interview

Technician Interview

Technician
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Communications in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed. I have 15 years of experience in this field, with many years as a supervisor. The gentleman that interviewed me said that I had incredible credentials, but didn't want to take a chance of losing his job by hiring me- that I was "over-qualified" to hang cable- though it's something that I have thouroughly enjoyed all my life!

Programming/Strategy Interview

Programming/Strategy
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Insight Communications in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager. A few weeks later an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the team leader, and a phone conversation with another team member at the same level as the position for which I interviewed. A few weeks after that a half-day of interviews with 3-4 cross-functional team members. A week after that another interview with a more senior person on another cross-functional team.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time you applied data to support an assertion.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Tech
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Communications in May 2008.

Interview Details – I went in for interview and they gave me a piece of cable and some fittings and asked me to put them together. Then they gave me a quick aptitude test, basic cable knowlwdge. then they interviewed me.

Interview Question – How many db of loss is there on 52 mgz on a 10,000 foot piece of 500 cable?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted more money but I took the only offer they had. Im not a good negotiator.

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Communications in May 2008.

Interview Details – The entire group consisted of MBA level former bankers who transitioned into a private company. The interviews were technical, with questions about specific Excel functions as well as personality and fit questions. The team consisted of five or six people, but only three conducted the actual interview.

Interview Question – What is the text for a v-lookup function in Excel?   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Communications.

Interview Details – They hired everyone from first interview.

Interview Question – What other questions I had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was set in stone, and there was no negotiations. The job was not fully explained until the end of training. There was two weeks of training and then another week of field training. Walking and canvassing neighborhoods that had been used already. Making a sale was difficult, but I met and exceeded my quota of course.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Insight Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Communications interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Communications employees and interview candidates.