Insight Communications Interview Questions

2.3

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Communications (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The interview was done in multiple stages, an intial screen of technical abilities with the potential co-workers. A detailed interview with the department manager and then and final interview with the director and the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft exchange platform questions that I had no experience with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I probably undershot my salary, I didn't push back hard enough on their counter.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Insight Communications (Columbus, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Went to a job fair. Lady like me and scheduled the interview for the next day. They said they go thru a temp agency. I had a misdermeaner on my background and lied about graduating from highschool, neither was asked until a year later. Which I thought was odd. They reqiure you to do training in 6wks the longest I've trained.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Insight Communications (Florence, KY) in August 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed by about 3 sales team managers. Interview didnt take very long but I was somewhat studied on the company. They seemed to like me and I was hired

Interview Questions

• I dont remember any extremely difficult questions   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Communications (Louisville, KY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed. I have 15 years of experience in this field, with many years as a supervisor. The gentleman that interviewed me said that I had incredible credentials, but didn't want to take a chance of losing his job by hiring me- that I was "over-qualified" to hang cable- though it's something that I have thouroughly enjoyed all my life!

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Communications (Louisville, KY) in October 2009.

Interview

After being called 3 or 4 times I finally went in for an interview.
    I came to Insight with a fairly extensive sales background.
    After meeting with HR and a Team Supervisor I was offered the job, had to go for a drug test and started a week later

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forard and nothing out of left field. They asked me about my clients from a previous job, the good the bad and the ugly and what I learned from them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer and that was it, take it or leave it.

Programming/Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Insight Communications (Wayne, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. A few weeks later an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the team leader, and a phone conversation with another team member at the same level as the position for which I interviewed. A few weeks after that a half-day of interviews with 3-4 cross-functional team members. A week after that another interview with a more senior person on another cross-functional team.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you applied data to support an assertion.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insight Communications (Evansville, IN) in July 2008.

Interview

Did not really ask a lot of questions, very hard to track down the manager to get the interview that was promised

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they offered you a salary, you either took it or not.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Communications in May 2008.

Interview

The entire group consisted of MBA level former bankers who transitioned into a private company. The interviews were technical, with questions about specific Excel functions as well as personality and fit questions. The team consisted of five or six people, but only three conducted the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the text for a v-lookup function in Excel?   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Communications (Louisville, KY) in May 2008.

Interview

I went in for interview and they gave me a piece of cable and some fittings and asked me to put them together. Then they gave me a quick aptitude test, basic cable knowlwdge. then they interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How many db of loss is there on 52 mgz on a 10,000 foot piece of 500 cable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted more money but I took the only offer they had. Im not a good negotiator.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Insight Communications.

Interview

They hired everyone from first interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was set in stone, and there was no negotiations. The job was not fully explained until the end of training. There was two weeks of training and then another week of field training. Walking and canvassing neighborhoods that had been used already. Making a sale was difficult, but I met and exceeded my quota of course.