Insight Global

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted through LinkedIn by a corporate recruiter within the company. After a phone call of about 20 minutes, I was offered an in-person interview. At the interview, I met with the office's director of operations and one account manager. Prior to my interview I was told that I would be interviewed by anywhere from 2-5 people in "small talk type conversations" over an hour and a half or so.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything tough about the interview. Questions were standard, but were much more conversational than direct interview questions.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process was easy but awful because i sat in a room and waited for 30 min to interview and i was asked random irrelevant questions. It was very sketchy and I felt like it was a huge waste of time.

Interview Question – Easy questions   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Was contacted initially by corporate recruiter. He sort of prepped me for the interview. He told me to ask my interviewer personal questions about him and his life and that there would probably be no real interview structure or questions coming from the interviewer. Honestly a little strange and I wasn't very what to do in the interview, especially coming straight out of college and not knowing much about the world business in general. Also, when walking in the office two female employees asked if i needed help very condescendingly.

I was fresh out of college taking this interview and not really understanding of what the position was exactly and how it fit in to the world of work. This is a sales job. Basically, you start out in inside sales and then become an outside sales person after a period of like 6 months i think.

No idea about the company itself but seems to be a pretty standard sales job working for a very sales focused company.

Interview Question – Was not really asked any questions.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three people in one day all within one hour. Had to try and make an impression pretty quickly. They were upfront about salary but I am not sure about negotiating.

Interview Question – What do you love about sales?   View Answer

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Very casual, two face to face interviews

Interview Question – Conversational and casual. Spoke with two separate individuals during my in-office interview   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter through LinkedIn. They seemed very interested in me and wanted me to come for an interview in Texas. I drove there and met with them, and I was interviewed for about two hours.

Interview Question – Why do you want sales?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Insight Global in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from them and was unexpectedly thrust into a three question phone screening process. Make sure you have thoroughly looked over their website. I got a call weeks after applying with them so I was unprepared when I got the call. Also, the account manager position is just like every other entry level marketing job... it's sales. And apparently "wining and dining" with clients as well. Seems a bit much for an entry level job but that's what I figured out during my phone screening. After about a 10 minute conversation, the interview was ended abruptly and I was told my resume would go to the hiring manager and they'd "let me know" (aka they'd wait a couple days and then send me a ding letter, which they did). During the phone interview, I got a sense that the place was very high energy and fast paced. I think very extroverted people would do well here.

Interview Question – Three questions on the phone to be prepared for:
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Do you have any questions about our company?
3. Why are you interested in sales?
  View Answer

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email asking to set up a time to meet on campus for an interview. The interview itself lasted 15 minutes where it seemed they were mainly evaluating personality. It seemed rather unstructured and organized.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I interviewed at Insight Global in March 2010.

Interview Details – They came to my campus recruiting people and said the recruiter said after all the people he had talked to I was the only one who was going to be asked to interview at corporate. Then I went up there and interviewed with 4 separate people, heard back 2 days later they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions, fairly monotonous because it was 4 people coming in and asking the exact same thing and having extremely similar backgrounds. Just be able to answer the basics and why you want to get into sales // show them that you are willing to grind out.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews- one in office, one lunch

Interview Question – Why do you want sales?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Global

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees and interview candidates.