Insight Global

Getting the Interview

40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter through LinkedIn. They seemed very interested in me and wanted me to come for an interview in Texas. I drove there and met with them, and I was interviewed for about two hours.

Interview Question – Why do you want sales?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Insight Global in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from them and was unexpectedly thrust into a three question phone screening process. Make sure you have thoroughly looked over their website. I got a call weeks after applying with them so I was unprepared when I got the call. Also, the account manager position is just like every other entry level marketing job... it's sales. And apparently "wining and dining" with clients as well. Seems a bit much for an entry level job but that's what I figured out during my phone screening. After about a 10 minute conversation, the interview was ended abruptly and I was told my resume would go to the hiring manager and they'd "let me know" (aka they'd wait a couple days and then send me a ding letter, which they did). During the phone interview, I got a sense that the place was very high energy and fast paced. I think very extroverted people would do well here.

Interview Question – Three questions on the phone to be prepared for:
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Do you have any questions about our company?
3. Why are you interested in sales?
  View Answer

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email asking to set up a time to meet on campus for an interview. The interview itself lasted 15 minutes where it seemed they were mainly evaluating personality. It seemed rather unstructured and organized.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I interviewed at Insight Global in March 2010.

Interview Details – They came to my campus recruiting people and said the recruiter said after all the people he had talked to I was the only one who was going to be asked to interview at corporate. Then I went up there and interviewed with 4 separate people, heard back 2 days later they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions, fairly monotonous because it was 4 people coming in and asking the exact same thing and having extremely similar backgrounds. Just be able to answer the basics and why you want to get into sales // show them that you are willing to grind out.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews- one in office, one lunch

Interview Question – Why do you want sales?   Answer Question

Conshohocken, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in May 2011.

Interview Details – Look forward to at least 2 rounds of interviews. Looking for ambitious graduates that are not afraid of hard work. They will be asking about school experience, internship experience, and ability to handle a large work load.

Interview Question – Give an example of something that you worked very hard to achieve and failed at.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone starts at the same salary.

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Personality is key!

Interview Question – People have the most trouble highlighting their work ethic and fun personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - everyone makes same base salary.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communications between my recruiter were very thorough. They helped me prep for the opporutnity and set expectations for the interview. The first interview was with a Sales Manager and 3 Account Managers in the office. They were direct and let me know what the day to day job duties were as well as their personal experience. This was followed by a lunch interview that was focused more on my abilities to communicate and connect with people.

Interview Question – Tell me a time in which you were faced with a challenge that you either accepted and or denied and did you succeed or fail if you accepted the challenge.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Friend who worked there set me up with a recruiter to start the interview process. She asked me a few questions about my work history then set me up with an actual interview the following week with a sales manager and an account manager. They closed the office for 3 inches of snow, so my interview date was pushed back. The actual day of the interview it started snowing again and they asked me to arrive several hours earlier, to which I agreed. The Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes with them explaining the job and asking questions related to how outgoing I was and if I liked to go to sporting events and play golf. I could tell they just wanted to go home due to the snow.

Interview Question – All questions were directed at personality.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2013.

Interview Details – Talked with corporate recruiter about setting up an in-person interview. Very pleasant, helpful. Went to the Chicago (Rosemont) office for an interview. Like many other said, the setup is odd and feels very unprofessional. You feel like you're being interviewed just to have a large pool of applicants and make the job seem more competitive. Spoke to three account managers, all of which seemed underqualified to conduct an interview. Was barely asked about my resume; instead, the interview was very conversational as the corporate recruiter had warned me. Felt VERY unprofessional, and from the moment I spoke to these individuals I knew I wouldn't want a job here, especially given my experience even right out of undergrad. If you have experience and seem driven and proud of your professional accomplishments, they probably won't be interested. The questions revolved mostly around "why do you want sales", etc, but it always seemed to circle back to the interviewer - ask questions and they will talk and talk and talk. It felt more like sorority rush than a job interview. In fact, one comment by an interviewer was, "you don't want to be the oddball in this office." This makes sense, although it was a red flag that they recruit exact replicas (physically and personality wise) for this position. It was not a good fit for an open-minded, driven professional such as myself, which is probably why I was not asked to interview for the final round.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a career?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Global

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees and interview candidates.