Insight Global

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.3

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in November 2014.

The interview is very conversational and very laid back. You get to know a lot of different Account Managers in the process. They do this to test your soft skills and let your personality shine while meeting various different people. There are about 3 different interviews to go through.

Many Openings/Vague Description Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Called by a recruiter saying they are going public by the end of the year and have various open positions. I asked about the positions and he said not to worry about that but to come in a be myself, the manager will ask get to know me questions and then place me where they felt I would be the best fit. I was confused but also looking to get my foot in the door and the company had good reviews so I accepted the interview.
    I came prepared to the interview and sat down with two girls who talked to me about an open position in their department. I got all my questions answered about job requirements, salary, and hours. Then they asked if I had more questions about the position and I said no. Then they walked me down to the first floor and did not ask a single question about my qualifications or what I could bring to the job. I was very caught off guard and confused about how they could even determine if I was a good fit or not. Good company but poor job by the girls conducting the interview. Naturally, I didn't get the offer. Either they made up their minds about who to hire before my interview, or someone else interrupted them and talked about their qualifications and got the offer.
    Also I was told that I was interviewing for multiple openings and only met with the manager for one position. Looking back I wish I had just asked what was going on, but at the time I was caught off guard.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Very positive atmosphere in the office. I walked in early and was taken to a separate interview room right away with no waiting involved to speak to an account manager. It speaks a lot about a company when they are professional in the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

The process was great. A couple friends of mine were hired for the recruiter position at Insight Global and recommended me to their corporate recruiter. The recruiter called me right away and set up a face to face interview. The interview was very relaxed and I met with 4 different people. They always asked me the same question in the beginning "Tell me about yourself" and then from there it was very conversational. You have to make sure you ask a lot of questions and really sell yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...this is not as easy as it seems. You really need to have a good interesting answer and convince them why they should want to hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter after I applied for the job online. I then spoke with her around 3 times to find a time that would work for me for an in person interview. I went to IG office and was placed in a room where I met with 2 sales managers and 1 account manager. They asked me a series of personal/business questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

In depth phone interview and discussion about the company and the way everything works, on site interview with three sales managers on at a time, final lunch or happy hour with sales managers where I received an offer and accepted it the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

It all seemed very facial to me. When I walked in there were 3 other interviews going on. I spoke with two members of HR on my first interview and only got asked one real interview question. I couldn't understand how they got a real feel for me. I asked several questions about their company they seemed to harp on only a few aspects of it. When I asked about the commission rate they gave me a really confusing answer that didn't seem to make much sense to me. Everyone was nice and easy to talk to but it didn't really seem like my cup of tea, so I discontinued the interview process.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

I worked with Colin Easterbrook a few months ago. We discussed a position that wasn't quite right for me. Colin didn't stop there he asked me more about what I was looking for and delved into details of where I would like to work. He called back less than two months later with the perfect job! It's a perfect fit and believe it or not it's exactly the work I like and excel at. The work environment is great. Colin did a great job of communicating with me through the interview process. He set me up with information I needed for the interview. For instance, what the companies main skill focus was, Giving names and times of interviews in a timely manner. He's extremely professional and detail oriented. Another plus he's very helpful and nice as well. I will highly recommend Insight Global. You are on of the most innovative and fast paced consulting firms.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I did not have this situation. Everything went very well.   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global.

I applied through LinkedIn and received a call not 10 minutes later from a very enthusiastic guy. We spoke for a few minutes about the open position. He stated that there were a few that he knew of, but definitely a payroll position. It was sooo loud on the other end of the phone...a lot of yelling. I was interested in the payroll position, so I agreed to go to the interview, which was literally scheduled the next day. I went in and spoke with the corporate recruiter I spoke with the day before, and he kinda prepped me for the interview, which I kinda understand, but at the same time it felt a little demeaning. I definitely know that he is in the field that he's supposed to be in, because he was really easy to talk to and everything, very enthusiastic.

So then he brings me downstairs and says he's going to find someone for me to speak with about the company and the position, which was really weird...like he had no idea who I would speak with or anything. So he comes back with the head of HR. I really liked speaking with him, as that's the field I am most interested in.

Then he comes back with two girls, in their mid 20s and they both speak with me. Nice conversation, but when I asked about the role of the position, they stated there was a payroll position, but the people I would have to speak to about that weren't in that day, but that there is also an "open" position, which is when they hire someone who trains in everything and then place them where they're most interested. This did not sound good to me.

The corporate recruiter I spoke with in the beginning told me to email him RIGHT AWAY, like as soon as I get in the car, about whether or not I was interested and so forth. Like he didn't even want me to think about it...so of course, I wait a few hours and state that I enjoyed speaking with everyone, but I would only want to continue on in the process for the payroll position and not the vague one everybody kept mentioning. No response. That was the end of that.

I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me in there to do recruiting. It seems like a very scam-y place.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly no difficult questions, just went over my experience and asked about that and school.   Answer Question

Cash Postings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in August 2013.

Easy interview. Talked with multiple people for short periods of time. Mostly just small talk.