Insight Global

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with a Insight Global recruiter after they contacted me. Then a in-person with IG. After that I got a Microsoft interview, in-person, within about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected; mostly behavioral interview style questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy smeasy.

Very Easy Interview

Westlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very efficient and seamless. The only time-consuming part of getting in the door was all the information the company where I am contracting needed. Interviews were on time and went beautifully.

Interview Question – There were no questions that I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer letter came with an hourly rate that was not what I expected. A simple phone call cleared it up and a new letter was sent the same day.

Very Easy Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted this recruiting agency several times. They apparently are too busy to return emails or phone calls even though they requested that I send my resume; very unlike the other recruiters I am currently working with. Our interviews were short (several short discussions with multiple recruiters) that were meaningless and virtually all ended with something to the effect that they will be looking for opportunities for me, however, though I've received about a dozen inquiries from other recruiters, Insight Global has yet to get back to me with anything. I'm having a difficult time determining whether they are serious about placing applicants, have any connections what-so-ever, are overwhelmed, or simply incompetent.

Interview Question – Nothing relevant other than the kind of opportunity I was interested in was discussed.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2011.

Interview Details – Insight Global was the middle man in my interview process. I've worked with other recruiting firms in the DMV, some good and others well, let's say they left much to be desired. IG provided a professional setting and the formal one on one interview confirmed my first impression over the phone.

Be prepared for the interview, be clear about your expectations and I think you'll have a similar experience.

Interview Question – What Analytical skills do you have and how have you demonstrated them?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interview via the telephone with a Recruiter, who appeared to be well informed of the Client's requirements. After successfully meeting Insight Global's requirements, a 1:1 interview was setup with the Client the next day. The interview with the Client went well as it appeared they have been working with Insight Global for awhile. As for advice, not really specific for the interview but in general, read over the contract carefully to make sure there aren't any exclusion clauses and if so I would make sure you get a written exemption or have it deleted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was very little room to negotiation. Do agree to a lower rate on the assumption of being converted or hired directly because there is no guarantees. When they ask for your rate, be honest and hold to it if is truly needed or else they will try to get you for the minimum amount possible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Global

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees and interview candidates.