Insight Global IT Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good with the recruiter. She reached out to me via LinkedIn. We had a 30 minute phone interview and then she invited me to the office for a face to face interview with her and a manager. She called me preparing me for the face to face interview (which I thought was weird because it seemed like the was baby-ing me, but I guess this is what recruiters do these days). The recruiter was so sweet. Everything was so conversational. I learned about her, she learned about me. I had a good feeling about this. However, the guy that interviewed me seemed a bit stand-offish once he came in the room. I could tell his body language was uninviting, and honestly it seemed like he really did not care to talk to me. I honestly think it was because I was black. This company already seemed like a non-diverse company filled with a bunch of Greek-affiliated individuals who are predominately white. I really didn't care to work with them, but I decided to give the interview a try. The interviewer barely kept eye contact with me. He kept looking outside the window at people's feet that were walking by. I was trying to be conversational and I asked him a lot of questions about his work and his past. But I could see right through him, he didn't want me, a black person working on his team. No thanks. It's okay though. I didn't want to work there in the first place, I just wanted to see if I would get the position. This is just an experience I will learn and grow from.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Was contacted by a corporate recruiter on Linkedin. Had a phone interview which was very basic, was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was invited back to a second interview which I thought was just with the sales manager, but I had to speak with several other employees, just as I did during the first interview, before ever speaking with him. It felt a lot like sorority recruitment...they asked me what I liked to do for fun and I even ended up talking about mutual friends with one of the girls who interviewed me. I spoke with 7 different people, all girls and all very put together. They all asked me the same questions and seemed very fake. Seemed like a scam company and a job where you would just sit in a cubicle cold calling all day long.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Were you in a sorority? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview. You talk with a corporate recruiter for a while and if you pass that, they ask to meet you for a one on one interview. In the one on one you talk with some account managers and the sales managers. Then you go meet everyone in the office and get a feel for the office culture. Last, you go out to lunch with the sales managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Awesome - you have a chance to meet a lot of the people that work there so you know what everyone is like and can immediately begin building relationships with them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Okay process, it is clear that they hire mainly based off of looks and how easily you can talk to people. I know a few people who have actually accepted the job offer and do not like the job at all. They over-work college students who just graduated, explaining their very high turnover rate

Interview Questions

• Very simple question, just want to see if you're outgoing. "What was a challenging experience in your life?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by corporate recruiter, 2 in person interviews with one of them being a lunch interview. There are no difficult questions, but they are looking for confidence, the ability to control a conversation and relate to others. This is for a sales position down the road so these skills are key.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? Tell us a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiters come to college campuses looking to sign as many people up for interviews as they can. They call the next day, and schedule an interview for the same week. The response time after the interview was only a day or two.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really relaxed and mostly just used to assess how well you interact with people (in order to see how successful you're going to be making cold calls and bringing more people in as a recruiter).   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Insight Global had a really bizarre interview process, during the first interview they didn't ask anything related to the job, broad questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. He was friendly. He called me later that day telling me that he'd like to do an interview. I went in for an interview and was interviewed by 3 girls separately who I don't believe we're fit to interview a potential employee. They were mostly illiterate, even using foul vocabulary during the interview, which was very shocking to me. This whole time it really just seemed like I was the one interviewing the company because I know the kind of people they hire, obviously bimbos that have poor vocabularies and that wasn't me. I'm not sure why a company would want to hire the less educated person, but hey whatever works for them. Very unprofessional people and slightly rude. Also a very poor interview process since someone at such a low level with little experience is determining whether you are a good fit and all they did was talk the entire interview so how would you ever know anything about a person if you never listened?

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like why would you be a good fit for this job and about my degree. Then proceeded to talk about nothing for an hour, wasting my time and leaving me feeling as though I was still waiting on the actual person that would interview me, but it turned out I just had a few conversations with some unprofessional sorority girls just out of college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

interviewed at Insight Global (Rosemont, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and we set up and appointment. I ended up meeting with two separate people, both of whom were very nice but I got the vibe almost right away that they were not interested in me. They were friendly and asked me a few typical interview questions but got me out of the office pretty fast.