Insight Global IT Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Morristown, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The first step in the process was a phone interview from a corporate recruiter. This phone call was very casual and the recruiter just wanted to get to know me. The first formal interview was located in the office where I met with 3 different Account Managers. Everyone was extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable. We talked about my resume, past experiences, and I got a tour of the office. Finally, I was invited back for a second interview which was over lunch with the Sales Manager. Afterwards, I interviewed with two more Account Managers back at the office. Overall, the interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales? What do you like to do outside of work? Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good with the recruiter. She reached out to me via LinkedIn. We had a 30 minute phone interview and then she invited me to the office for a face to face interview with her and a manager. She called me preparing me for the face to face interview (which I thought was weird because it seemed like the was baby-ing me, but I guess this is what recruiters do these days). The recruiter was so sweet. Everything was so conversational. I learned about her, she learned about me. I had a good feeling about this. However, the guy that interviewed me seemed a bit stand-offish once he came in the room. I could tell his body language was uninviting, and honestly it seemed like he really did not care to talk to me. I honestly think it was because I was black. This company already seemed like a non-diverse company filled with a bunch of Greek-affiliated individuals who are predominately white. I really didn't care to work with them, but I decided to give the interview a try. The interviewer barely kept eye contact with me. He kept looking outside the window at people's feet that were walking by. I was trying to be conversational and I asked him a lot of questions about his work and his past. But I could see right through him, he didn't want me, a black person working on his team. No thanks. It's okay though. I didn't want to work there in the first place, I just wanted to see if I would get the position. This is just an experience I will learn and grow from.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Was contacted by a corporate recruiter on Linkedin. Had a phone interview which was very basic, was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was invited back to a second interview which I thought was just with the sales manager, but I had to speak with several other employees, just as I did during the first interview, before ever speaking with him. It felt a lot like sorority recruitment...they asked me what I liked to do for fun and I even ended up talking about mutual friends with one of the girls who interviewed me. I spoke with 7 different people, all girls and all very put together. They all asked me the same questions and seemed very fake. Seemed like a scam company and a job where you would just sit in a cubicle cold calling all day long.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Were you in a sorority? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview. You talk with a corporate recruiter for a while and if you pass that, they ask to meet you for a one on one interview. In the one on one you talk with some account managers and the sales managers. Then you go meet everyone in the office and get a feel for the office culture. Last, you go out to lunch with the sales managers.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Awesome - you have a chance to meet a lot of the people that work there so you know what everyone is like and can immediately begin building relationships with them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Okay process, it is clear that they hire mainly based off of looks and how easily you can talk to people. I know a few people who have actually accepted the job offer and do not like the job at all. They over-work college students who just graduated, explaining their very high turnover rate

Interview Questions

• Very simple question, just want to see if you're outgoing. "What was a challenging experience in your life?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by corporate recruiter, 2 in person interviews with one of them being a lunch interview. There are no difficult questions, but they are looking for confidence, the ability to control a conversation and relate to others. This is for a sales position down the road so these skills are key.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? Tell us a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Insight Global (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiters come to college campuses looking to sign as many people up for interviews as they can. They call the next day, and schedule an interview for the same week. The response time after the interview was only a day or two.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really relaxed and mostly just used to assess how well you interact with people (in order to see how successful you're going to be making cold calls and bringing more people in as a recruiter).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight Global (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, met with the Sales manager and 3 other Account Managers. Also, before each interview a corporate recruiter coached me through each interview. Everybody was really nice, but the main focus was your character, you had to have a personality that fit their office. everybody had to like you in order to move forward with you. 2 of my following interviews after that we went for happy hour and to dinner, then for my final interview they offered me the job at starbucks.

Interview Questions

• Character interview, they wanted to see if you wanted sales and could perform in that industry   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Insight Global had a really bizarre interview process, during the first interview they didn't ask anything related to the job, broad questions.