Insight Global

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.5

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Insight Global.

It was a total cluster. The interview had nothing to do with the job, the hiring tech just wanted to give people a hard time. Insight Global has to resend the contract multiple times because they kept screwing it up.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what color shirt I am wearing today just by the sound of my voice, over the phone.   View Answer

Professional Recruiter Interview

Such a horrible processes. The people seemed friendly at first. During the interview the manager had to constantly check his phone. I ended up walking out because would never want to work for a company like that. Extremely rude! I have heard from many people that managers will constantly check their phones during an interview. If that is a company you want to work for the go for it. I would rather work for a place where I am treated with respect.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Insight Global's interview process is a rigid 3 step one. First you have a phone screen with one of their corporate recruiters, who tells you about the company itself, the day to day responsibilities you will have if you do get the job, and he/she then digs in to learn about you and your background. Next you are brought in for a face to face interview, where you meet with a variety of different people in the office. Finally you are asked to go out to lunch (a meal) with the sales manager/VP of company, where they make sure you are able to keep a conversation over a meal. (since Insight is a sales company after all.)

Interview Questions
    • -Why Sales?
      -Tell me a little about yourself?
      -When have you been in a situation where you were challenged and what did you do to resolve it?
        Answer Question
    NO negotiating. Every office in the company has its' own base salary they give to their employee. This varies on the area of the country you live in.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited through linked in. The interview was a conversation with a guy who tried to sell me on the position. Told me about how much money I could make.. etc. It seemed like he had to persuade people to want to work there. The experience was much more of a conversation and getting to know each other (behavioral) than a formal interview.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

The recruiter was very helpful and gave me tips on what they were looking for at the interview. Most of the people interviewing were nice and personable except for a select few who seem to have wanted to make you feel intimidated than comfortable. The recruiter called me before my last round of interviewing asking if they offered me the job that day would I be ready to commit and since I said I would at least need a night to discuss with family and colleagues, they weren't up for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic questions. No brain busters. They mostly want to know about you and some good characteristics about yourself that would be beneficial for the company.   Answer Question

They did not allow me enough time to think it over.

Recruiter Interview

Had one interview, met with three different people at their Downtown Charlotte office. Spoke for a while and ultimately never got a call back. The office was really nice and had many great views of the surrounding downtown charlotte area.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question they asked me was why I chose my degree. I majored in economics and I didn't have a good way to tie in my economic experience to their job requirements or company culture.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

From the moment I began working with Samantha Jaeger with Insight Global it was a wonderful experience. The application and interview process can sometimes be a tedious task, however from the beginning I felt comfortable with Samantha. She took her time clearly explaining the roles to me, and responsibilities, as well as next steps. I loved that she kept and remains to keep me informed and is always responsive. I feel comfortable asking her questions, and know that she has my best interest. I have a very strong resume and am grateful to have been paired with Samantha at Insight Global. I too look forward to becoming a great ambassador as she has been. She has made what is normally a difficult process, just a little easier!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. (The questions were situational in nature and allowed me to share of my excellent experiences and background)   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Hiring process involved one in-office interview whereby Insight Global and I reviewed my resume, discussed opportunities, and established a rate range. Within a matter of a few days my first interview was set. I was extended an offer from the client the same day. This quick turnaround reinforced my initial impressions of my hiring manager in the Columbus, Oh office (Brittany A.) whereby she demonstrated a good working knowledge of the position and the prospective client's requirements and a genuine desire to match me with an employer with the best fit. Things went great and the entire process was short, painless, and altogether sweet.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions as I have been in the consulting business for the past 10 years and interviewed by many different recruiters.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations required. I was well prepared ahead of time and everything agreed with my expectations and the client.

Junior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Received call from recruiter saying he had found my resume online and had a couple positions he thought I might be qualified for. He talked very fast, asked a lot of questions about my experience, and before I knew it, was telling me he was going to set up an interview for two days from then and what time was I available. Taken off guard, I gave him a time, and he then said he was going to shoot me an email with details and that a colleague of his was going to call me later in the day to give me more details about the position and I needed to send him 2-3 references. Long story short, over the next three days, I received so many calls and emails from the company, I felt spammed. They kept just telling me I was a "perfect fit" for the position, but I never got a written description. I found out that although I would be working as a sub for another contractor, they would technically be my employers, and did not offer any benefits like PTO, transportation reimbursement, or sick days, and the recruiter himself warned me even the healthcare was expensive. They named a salary, which they expected me to answer within the day, and when I told them it was too low, they told me to name my price, again expecting it by the end of the day. When I did, they said it was too high, and asked me to lower it, which I did, being a people pleaser. At that point I found out I was expected to have two more interviews - one with them, and one with the client, both of which would have required me to take a minimum 3 hours off my workday. They finally agreed to Skype interview me for the first one, but were a half hour late calling me. Then it lasted all of 5 minutes as it turned out all they wanted was to see that I looked professional so they could pass me on to the client interview, which was scheduled for the next day. Glad I didn't drive a half hour for that! I was told I would be getting details later that day for the next morning's client interview. I never heard a word from them, and I finally emailed them at 7:00 PM to let them know I assumed the interview the next day was off. They emailed and called the next morning to say they were still waiting to hear back from "management" and should be able to schedule it soon, but by that time I was done. I felt like every time they talked to me they were in sales mode and did nothing but talk fast and schedule things to get through as many candidates as possible. They treated me like I was some unemployed kid who should be thrilled just to have someone interested in me, and didn't have an answer ready when I asked why I should work for their company, since they offered no actual benefits. I sent a very polite email, explaining that I had decided to move on with my job search and was no longer interested in the position they were offering, and received a rather unprofessional email response saying that my email had "shocked" them and I hadn't even given the client a chance to tell me what my duties would be and to please call them immediately so they could "explain my situation."
    While being friendly on the surface, I felt they were extremely pushy and reminded me of a salesperson trying to tell me what I wanted and make me agree to something before I even had a chance to think about it. I also felt they had very little respect for my time or the fact that I did have a current job and couldn't drop things at a moment's notice to talk to them again.
     Probably great for unemployed people since they obviously like pushing candidates into positions as quickly as possible - not so much for someone (especially an introvert) who is just keeping an eye out for a better position and likes to actually think things like a career move over before agreeing to it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for my references prior to an interview with the client   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Two interviews. Initial interview was a standard interview getting to know about your experience and the position. Second interview was a lunch to see how you can fare in a social settting. The recruiter I worked with was amazing and was on top of every aspect of the interview and was awesome about getting feedback very promptly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for most people is finding out why they really want to work for Insight Global.   Answer Question