Insight Global

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global.

I interviewed with one of the on-campus recruiters. It was very relaxed and easy, like having a conversation. After the interview, I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter. After two weeks of not hearing back from them, I sent another email. No one ever got back to me, which I find extremely immature and goes to show how their company really is.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Detailed questioning of past work experiences lending to current job opportunity. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable of market and target company. Tiered personnel approach of interviewing candidates utilizing more experienced account management at each tier. Diligent, persistent non-intrusive follow-ups with candidates. Hiring process was pleasant allowing for negotiated rates/salary and provision of Insight Global benefits.

Interview Questions
    • I've been around the block a few times so anticipated the standard situational questions. None the less, they were asked and were drilled down a bit to distinct situations.   Answer Question
    Pleasant, flexible and open easy non pressure discussion without heavy pushback and back and forths. When agreed to they stuck to it.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

Basic on campus interview. They talked to me at a career event and I agreed to an interview the following day. The interview was not particularly formal because of the nature of the job. They are looking for people with good social skills so it is pretty much a conversation.

Low salary

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Insight Global.

It was a total cluster. The interview had nothing to do with the job, the hiring tech just wanted to give people a hard time. Insight Global has to resend the contract multiple times because they kept screwing it up.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what color shirt I am wearing today just by the sound of my voice, over the phone.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

I applied through Monster on a Friday afternoon, and within 30 minutes got a recruiter calling me, in a location that I'd like to be. I was told about a job which fit me, then scheduled for a telephonic and Skype interview for Monday morning (both agreed to be initiated by the company), I take a day off of my current job. The scheduled time comes and goes with not a peep from Insight's recruiter, and 30 minutes later I send an email, stating that the appointment was missed by them. She responds and we reschedule for the afternoon. Well, the scheduled afternoon time comes and goes, and 40 minutes later I get a call from the recruiter wanted to reschedule the telephonic interview with her boss and to start the Skype interview.

UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

I am happily employed, the only reason I applied to the job was because of location.

Interview Questions
    • Other than asking to reschedule 3 times, no further questions were posed.   View Answer

Professional Recruiter Interview

Such a horrible processes. The people seemed friendly at first. During the interview the manager had to constantly check his phone. I ended up walking out because would never want to work for a company like that. Extremely rude! I have heard from many people that managers will constantly check their phones during an interview. If that is a company you want to work for the go for it. I would rather work for a place where I am treated with respect.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Insight Global's interview process is a rigid 3 step one. First you have a phone screen with one of their corporate recruiters, who tells you about the company itself, the day to day responsibilities you will have if you do get the job, and he/she then digs in to learn about you and your background. Next you are brought in for a face to face interview, where you meet with a variety of different people in the office. Finally you are asked to go out to lunch (a meal) with the sales manager/VP of company, where they make sure you are able to keep a conversation over a meal. (since Insight is a sales company after all.)

Interview Questions
    • -Why Sales?
      -Tell me a little about yourself?
      -When have you been in a situation where you were challenged and what did you do to resolve it?
        Answer Question
    NO negotiating. Every office in the company has its' own base salary they give to their employee. This varies on the area of the country you live in.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited through linked in. The interview was a conversation with a guy who tried to sell me on the position. Told me about how much money I could make.. etc. It seemed like he had to persuade people to want to work there. The experience was much more of a conversation and getting to know each other (behavioral) than a formal interview.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

The recruiter was very helpful and gave me tips on what they were looking for at the interview. Most of the people interviewing were nice and personable except for a select few who seem to have wanted to make you feel intimidated than comfortable. The recruiter called me before my last round of interviewing asking if they offered me the job that day would I be ready to commit and since I said I would at least need a night to discuss with family and colleagues, they weren't up for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic questions. No brain busters. They mostly want to know about you and some good characteristics about yourself that would be beneficial for the company.   Answer Question

They did not allow me enough time to think it over.

Recruiter Interview

Had one interview, met with three different people at their Downtown Charlotte office. Spoke for a while and ultimately never got a call back. The office was really nice and had many great views of the surrounding downtown charlotte area.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question they asked me was why I chose my degree. I majored in economics and I didn't have a good way to tie in my economic experience to their job requirements or company culture.   Answer Question