Insight Global

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.5

Recruiter and Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I called back and she seemed really nice and bubbly (but kind of fake). We talked about the position a bit and then she asked me what my plans were for the weekend and when I said I was working, she seemed kind of disappointed. I know sometimes a recruiter will chit chat with you but when she asked that question, I really felt as if she was wondering if I was going to go out and get hammered with them over the weekends. Anyways, she wanted to meet me face to face so we scheduled an appointment the following week. The night before my appointment, I decided to see if I could find anything I could use that would work for my benefit so I creeped on the recruiter's Facebook page. I saw a lot of panty pictures and every picture definitely had a night of alcohol involved. I realized that this was a party job and not a serious job at all. I went in for the interview and realized that I was not a good fit for the job. Thankfully the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything that will set you apart from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Received a call from a corporate recruiter after posting my resume on careerbuilder.com that did a pre-screen phone interview. She then set me up with an interview at the branch that I wanted. The interview was schedule for 2:00pm I arrived 15 minutes early and was lead to a private room where I waited for probably 20-25 minutes which wasn't a big deal given I was early. After the office manger walked in he informed me he had just looked at his schedule and just noticed I was scheduled for that time slot, which means he had no idea what my name or who I was before walking in the door. The interview was very casual and the manager tried to make it as least stressful as possible it seemed. We talked a little bit about my resume and he asked some personal questions. I thought it went okay and then I waited another 15 for an experienced account manager to walk in the door so he and I could talk. We talked about personal topics the whole time. They really just want to see that your an out going person, will be able to handle the non-stop cold calling, and be able to envision that you'll be an account manager one day.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your life story? Why will you be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

My friend from school works as an account manager, they helped me get an interview. I went for the in person interview and it was in a room right outside the private office. The man interviewing me was nice but seemed uninterested. He only asked about my hobbies..... As soon as he found out I was married the interview was over. It's like they only want recent grads....single girls/guys...Trust me, I'm only 25 so I'm young...but I'm married. Sooooo....you do the math.

It's a very very low base salary of 28k to be a recruiter. The hours are brutal; I have friends who work there that work 60 hours a week making pennies. Sure the trips they pay for you to go I are nice but you'll have to work your tail off literally to get to that point. Not worth the low pay and constant competition for hierarchy.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: what are your hobbies?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Started off with an email requesting an interview then a casual phone interview after there was a follow up with an in person interview. The interview was very relaxed and the environment was young. Asked a few basic questions about me and then transitioned into questions I had about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared with some questions to ask about the company and job.   Answer Question

Service Request Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

I have had a great experience with Insight Global. The communication has been outstanding throughout the entire process, from initial contact through to the hiring process. I had 2 phone interviews, and a video call interview through Skype before going on to interview with the end client. The on-boarding hiring process has been clear and efficient. The recruiter I have been working with (Tyler) has been extremely helpful and professional. I look forward to working with Insight Global.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a difficult or unexpected question throughout this process. The people I spoke with were very kind and professional.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

I contacted the company at a college career fair and the representatives were very friendly and engaging, which was attractive. I was then contacted by phone for a first round interview at one of their offices, and the interview was pretty laid back and conversational. Some of the people that I talked to fired off a few questions, but nothing was too tough.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just asked about what is interesting about sales, other than the competitive side of it. A lot of questions about yourself   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Applied online- received a phone call the same day and had my first phone interview right away. Very laid back interview, they exepct you to do a lot of the talking. Obviously if you're going to be applying for recruiting positions you should be able to do that no problem!

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard questions, like I said- you do all the talking   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interviewers acted as if they did not know that I was coming in. I had to wait over 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time before someone could speak with me. The person I was told I would meet with was not in the office that day. Overall a very poor experience that showed the companies lack of organization and communication.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mainly just talked about the position and what it entailed   Answer Question

Cognos Technical Architect Interview

Phone contact, Phone screen, Skype with Employer, Phone Interview with Client. The process went smooth and as expected. The client decided to skip a face to face interview and offered me the position.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Insight Global.

The interview process was a series of phone calls between myself and the hiring manager which was facilitated by Candyce from the SD office. The interview process itself was smooth and each interview went very well. There was a delay in the offer and acceptance process due to the holidays but the whole process was exciting as well as fulfilling in its outcome.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked if I would be willing to relocate internationally   View Answer