Insight Global

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

Information Technology Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

I was brought into a room with a liaison from Insight Global to talk to two (what I presume to be) hiring managers from the company and we had a discussion about the job, possible daily problems and the hours. It was very cordial and relaxed and they asked me various questions regarding what I knew about the work conditions and how comfortable I was with certain aspects.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I knew what a "hot/cold room" was. I had never actually heard of the terminology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Randomly contacted by recruiter without knowing my background. Very basic and TO easy. Then came in for 15 minute interview. Not a normal process, required no intelligence or background. They will contact you in 24 hours after with next process.

Interview Questions
    • None were hard. what did playing a college sport teach you?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

The process starts with an initial phone interview (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, why did you want to go there, why did you choose your major). It is all about connectivity. If you connect with the interviewer, they will bring you in for a face to face where you will have 3 separate interviews where they will basically ask you the same questions during each interview. They are going to look for you to drive the conversation as much as possible. Finally, if they like you, they will invite you to come back for a lunch interview where they will see you in a sales environment, like when you're out with clients. Other than that, it really isn't a tough process. If you like small talk then you will have a breeze with the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You start with this salary and so does everyone else. No exceptions.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call the next day for a phone screen. The recruiter on the phone was very nice, however I did my research before going into the in-person interview. This is not a company you want to work for unless you have very limited options (according to reviews) and I couldn't agree more from the interview process. It was very unprofessional and informal. You get the feeling as if the manager cared more about the size of his watch and letting everyone know how much money he makes than finding a candidate that would do the job well.

I had real outside sales experience and knew right away that they were not going to like this because they couldn't lie to me as easily about what the job entailed compared to some sorority girl who thinks she's just going to be entertaining clients every night (you're not, it's 99% cold calls to solicit references).

If you make the second interview they take you out to lunch and if they don't like you then they drop you off in the parking garage and say we will be in contact. If this sounds like a job for you than by all means make sure you are loud, attractive, and have a suit almost as nice as theirs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

A recruiter for the company found my resume on Monster and followed up with a call and e-mail. After the phone screening (super short, basically to see if I was outgoing enough) a time was chosen for me to come in to the local office for two one-on-one interviews. The recruiter let me know that my background experience didn't matter. What they were looking for was someone to lead the conversation. Based off of this, I went into the interview and tried to get to know the two people who were interviewing me and asked them a ton of questions. I spent between 45 minutes to 1 hour with each person. One of the people I interviewed with told me they were looking for young people fresh out of college with tons of energy and drive. He flat out said "we are not looking for a 40 something person. We need fresh young faces." Based off the people who interviewed me and doing a little research into the company, the typical worker at insight global is white with blonde hair and blue eyes, extremely fit and very good looking. I consider myself good looking enough (although I am not stereotypical looking) but found the company to be too superficial for my liking. They didn't try and get to know me in the interview process and I guess I didn't fit the mold of what they were looking for, so I didn't get another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What part of town do you live in and why did you chose that part of town? (Seems like a very strange question to ask)   Answer Question

Technical Operations Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2014.

Very quick and easy process. I was contacted, asked a few questions, and had an interview set up within a day. Interview process was a round-robin with Insight Global, and the Contract employer. I had my hired answer within 24 hours.

Negotiations were easy.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

Worked with recruiter Zachary Colon at Insight Global to find a position. He was very helpful and persistant. Went through an interview with a company that didn't pan out, but he stuck with it and found a position with a completely remote oppertunity. I had other offers at the time, and Insight Global was able to negotiate details to make it the favourable oppertunity to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Just overall describe experience, skills, what you'd like to be doing   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I was recruited via LinkedIn and had a brief phone interview with someone. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview and was explicitly told to "wear high heels, makeup, and do your hair - go the whole 9 yards," which I found to be sexist. Nevertheless, I went on the interview. No one was prepared to meet with me upon my arrival, and once a woman came in, I was asked zero questions about my resume or myself and was in/out the door in under 15 minutes. Totally misleading and a waste of time.

Associate Director of Development Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

The initial communication was from Katie Dugan, who was very professional and walked me through the hiring process and future interviews. My next interview was with Zachary Stowe-Rains, also very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were direct and to the point and followed the job description. I would not say that the questions were difficult since I was an excellent fit for the position.   View Answer

Network Security Analyst/Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

This was a series of about three phone calls, each with a different levels of complexity and with different customer personnel.

They reviewed the posting, asked questions about my experience with various tools and software, then discussed the specific projects facing that post in the near term.

I think the total time of all the calls was less than an hour, all told.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were too difficult to answer or that were unexpected.   Answer Question
    Easy, no nonsense...

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!