Insight Global

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.5

Junior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Received call from recruiter saying he had found my resume online and had a couple positions he thought I might be qualified for. He talked very fast, asked a lot of questions about my experience, and before I knew it, was telling me he was going to set up an interview for two days from then and what time was I available. Taken off guard, I gave him a time, and he then said he was going to shoot me an email with details and that a colleague of his was going to call me later in the day to give me more details about the position and I needed to send him 2-3 references. Long story short, over the next three days, I received so many calls and emails from the company, I felt spammed. They kept just telling me I was a "perfect fit" for the position, but I never got a written description. I found out that although I would be working as a sub for another contractor, they would technically be my employers, and did not offer any benefits like PTO, transportation reimbursement, or sick days, and the recruiter himself warned me even the healthcare was expensive. They named a salary, which they expected me to answer within the day, and when I told them it was too low, they told me to name my price, again expecting it by the end of the day. When I did, they said it was too high, and asked me to lower it, which I did, being a people pleaser. At that point I found out I was expected to have two more interviews - one with them, and one with the client, both of which would have required me to take a minimum 3 hours off my workday. They finally agreed to Skype interview me for the first one, but were a half hour late calling me. Then it lasted all of 5 minutes as it turned out all they wanted was to see that I looked professional so they could pass me on to the client interview, which was scheduled for the next day. Glad I didn't drive a half hour for that! I was told I would be getting details later that day for the next morning's client interview. I never heard a word from them, and I finally emailed them at 7:00 PM to let them know I assumed the interview the next day was off. They emailed and called the next morning to say they were still waiting to hear back from "management" and should be able to schedule it soon, but by that time I was done. I felt like every time they talked to me they were in sales mode and did nothing but talk fast and schedule things to get through as many candidates as possible. They treated me like I was some unemployed kid who should be thrilled just to have someone interested in me, and didn't have an answer ready when I asked why I should work for their company, since they offered no actual benefits. I sent a very polite email, explaining that I had decided to move on with my job search and was no longer interested in the position they were offering, and received a rather unprofessional email response saying that my email had "shocked" them and I hadn't even given the client a chance to tell me what my duties would be and to please call them immediately so they could "explain my situation."
    While being friendly on the surface, I felt they were extremely pushy and reminded me of a salesperson trying to tell me what I wanted and make me agree to something before I even had a chance to think about it. I also felt they had very little respect for my time or the fact that I did have a current job and couldn't drop things at a moment's notice to talk to them again.
     Probably great for unemployed people since they obviously like pushing candidates into positions as quickly as possible - not so much for someone (especially an introvert) who is just keeping an eye out for a better position and likes to actually think things like a career move over before agreeing to it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for my references prior to an interview with the client   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global.

Two interviews. Initial interview was a standard interview getting to know about your experience and the position. Second interview was a lunch to see how you can fare in a social settting. The recruiter I worked with was amazing and was on top of every aspect of the interview and was awesome about getting feedback very promptly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for most people is finding out why they really want to work for Insight Global.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

This is a staffing company. I was called by this company and agreed to an interview for a job at a local company. Everything they said kept changing - company, location, hours. Although they were very nice, they were not honest with me. I found the job listing when I got home - it was being listed for 30% more than they were firm on......I was glad when they called and told me it was filled so I didn't have to negotiate with them. Be careful - they are making money on both ends of the deal, which is fine, but they are very shady about it. I would prefer to be told I am paying a Finder's Fee, rather than lied to. They do not represent the best interests of the client by being deceitful.

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Phone interview with an IG recruiter then an in person interview with a manager in the office. Everyone was very nice, but the manager didn't seem too interested in much that I had to say. Basic questions - nothing challenging. Definitely looking for really outgoing, hyper, rah-rah people. The recruiter told me to drink a red bull before going into the interview, which probably would have helped.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

The process starts with an initial phone interview (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, why did you want to go there, why did you choose your major). It is all about connectivity. If you connect with the interviewer, they will bring you in for a face to face where you will have 3 separate interviews where they will basically ask you the same questions during each interview. They are going to look for you to drive the conversation as much as possible. Finally, if they like you, they will invite you to come back for a lunch interview where they will see you in a sales environment, like when you're out with clients. Other than that, it really isn't a tough process. If you like small talk then you will have a breeze with the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You start with this salary and so does everyone else. No exceptions.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview felt like a joke and it was not worth the time to go in person. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a brief phone interview in which he spoke very quickly and got me excited about the company. They keep up appearances by having a very nice office location and requiring business-formal attire.

However, when I walked in 15-mins early (as instructed) I was surprised there was no receptionist; I thought he/she may have run to the bathroom so I waited before picking up the phone that had a sign saying, "For assistance please pick up phone."

I was led to a conference room and I waited for awhile before the recruiter walked in to let me know that my interviewer, a director at IGI, would not be able to make it and that he would conduct the interview himself. I was surprised that a recruitment company that appears to seek humble, confident and professional individuals doesn't prioritize its own recruitment process, and that it is entirely acceptable for upper level management to miss interviews. From this experience, I would wonder how much management is, in fact, invested in employees and causes me to seriously doubt my desire to work at a company that treats its interviewees like sheep...one after another after another.

At first, the recruiter was very likable, but later seemed distracted, texting on his Blackberry, and even had his shoe up on the table. Very casual and overconfident. Being a member of Greek life is important. Also, if you take the lead and try interrupting instead of observing normal interview courtesies, like waiting to speak until there's a pause, you may come off as the "extrovert" they are looking for.

Also, they will tell you again and again that they have recently been ranked #4 of best places to work for in "Yahoo Finance," but actually, the news article is not written by Yahoo as it appears. It was posted on 247WallSt.com, which compiled the list from the "employee" ratings on Glassdoor, which also seem phony: another review here confirms my suspicion that employees are required to write positive reviews once hired.

All in all, in my opinion, this company is not worth your time.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter called me and told me a little about the position and the company. He talked very fast and seemed like a "yes" man. Within a week I had an in person interview with him. Although he was very nice, he was indeed a "yes" man, which made him come off as fake. He seemed very distracted during our interview, which was pretty casual and basically to see if I could hold a conversation and if my personality would fit in with that of the company. He was texting during the interview, which is not professional at all. Both on the phone and in person he kept asking "So do you have any questions? Any other questions?" I think he wanted to gauge my curiosity and interest within the company.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview process was kind of strange. They are looking for a very specific type of person that is extremely outgoing. I thought the process was phony because of the way they pretended to be professional but actually seem to be very unprofessional in their attitudes and behaviors. I was disappointed in what I saw since I know people that love their jobs. They asked a lot about Greek life and wanted to know how social I was based off of that. Take your personality into consideration to determine whether or not you might actually be a good fit. I knew going into my final interview that it was not the place for me by any stretch of the imagination (but you always take the interview). Honestly, I'm glad they didn't consider me to be like them. I hope I'm much more professional and genuine in nature.

Many Openings/Vague Description Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Called by a recruiter saying they are going public by the end of the year and have various open positions. I asked about the positions and he said not to worry about that but to come in a be myself, the manager will ask get to know me questions and then place me where they felt I would be the best fit. I was confused but also looking to get my foot in the door and the company had good reviews so I accepted the interview.
    I came prepared to the interview and sat down with two girls who talked to me about an open position in their department. I got all my questions answered about job requirements, salary, and hours. Then they asked if I had more questions about the position and I said no. Then they walked me down to the first floor and did not ask a single question about my qualifications or what I could bring to the job. I was very caught off guard and confused about how they could even determine if I was a good fit or not. Good company but poor job by the girls conducting the interview. Naturally, I didn't get the offer. Either they made up their minds about who to hire before my interview, or someone else interrupted them and talked about their qualifications and got the offer.
    Also I was told that I was interviewing for multiple openings and only met with the manager for one position. Looking back I wish I had just asked what was going on, but at the time I was caught off guard.

Global Relocation Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

I submitted my resume for review through Glassdoor. About a day or two later, I received a telephone message from Madison, asking to speak with me further about the position. I wasn't able to get back to her until after hours, but I left a message, and she returned the call first thing the next morning.

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!