Insight Global Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.5

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview process was very smooth. They were pretty organized. Expect to talk to multiple people with all interviews except for final interview. The first 2 interviews had a relaxed vibe and seemed like the people that worked there really just wanted to get to know you and have a conversation with you rather than grill you with questions.

Account Manager Interview

In the first initial phone interview they will describe the position of Account Manager. When you get into the interview, they will tell you that the role is for an entry-level recruiter and that you will have to work your way up to Account Manager, despite your years of experience. That is fine, but that should have been explained in the initial phone interview. Even when I asked, their corporate recruiter said, "We are looking for Account Managers." In the interview, if you ask the right questions, you will learn that they want you in the office from 6:30 am to 7pm, spending most of your time on the phone cold-calling.

Fraternity/Sorority vibes

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

A Staffing Recruiter reached out to me via email because she found my resume through my university. I emailed her back saying I was interested. She called me the next day for an informal phone interview. She asked me to tell her about myself. Then said that I qualified for an in-person interview at their local office. We set the schedule for the next week. Before the interview, the Staffing Recruiter sent me an email of how to prepare for the interview (common sense stuff, which people should already know going into an entry-level position). She also spoke with me before and told me to ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation. I prepared myself for the interview making sure my resume was perfect, gathered my references, and created my portfolio.

For the interview, I was in a small conference room. I spoke with 3 different people and it lasted for about an hour-and-a-half. They came and go one at a time. They did NOT care about work experience at all... In fact, one of the said, "We actually prefer people with no experience at all because they're easier to train." I also tried to follow the Staffing Recruiter's advice and tried to ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation... But I kind of had a difficult time with that because if you ask a lot of questions, they take a couple mins to answer your questions, then it becomes hard to drive the conversation. I mean, it wasn't a BAD interview. But compared to my past interview experience, it was very different and unorthodox. So I sort of wasted my time making my resume and portfolio. To prepare for this interview, make sure you have a lot of energy and seem really social and have a good connection with your interviewers. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Q: What bars do you like to go to?
      Q: What motivates you?
      Q: What demotivates you?

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Having been a consultant for better than 10 years, you can imagine that I deal with scores of recruiters on a frequent basis. I have found Insight Global to be thorough in the vetting of candidates, always courteous and positive, and diligent about presenting relevant opportunities. I also appreciated a willingness to use Skype as an alternative means for a face to face meeting with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • My willingness to work in a hybrid capacity (PM and BA)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed at their LA office. I walked in an no one was at the front desk...waited at the front for a while until someone finally noticed I was there. Then I was put in this tiny room and waited for 20 minutes before anyone came to bring me to the conference room for interview. Chatted with the manager for a long time and had a good conversation. He brought in another associate for me to speak with who was totally unprofessional and looked at her phone the whole time while interviewing me. She only talked about herself and did not ask me any questions. She left and said the manager would be back to see me out and validate my parking....I waited another 15 mins before someone (not the manager) came in to give me a parking ticket and left. Totally unprofessional overall.

Sales Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

i was contacted for the position and briefly informed about the position. Once determined that I was a good fit, i was scheduled a Skype interview for the next day. The Skype interview went really well and the next step was interviewing with their client, my potential employer. Insight kept me informed on the next steps, as the client agreed that I was the right candidate, and sent hiring paperwork.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

I enjoyed the experience and went through several rounds of interviews with them, but after my last interview I never received further contact. I would of liked a follow up considering I had so many interviews.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

I contacted the campus representative via email and had a phone interview (very conversational and informative about the position) that week and then an office interview the week after that. Very quick turnaround. The interview was very, very conversational (at one point I was talking about how we both prefer to speak Spanish to children). No behavioral questions were asked and nothing asked about my resume either. It was an easy conversation but I didn't get an offer for a second-round interview and I don't really know what could have gone wrong because I thought the conversations went well. The interviewers seemed in a hurry to pass off their interviewing duties to someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q: Why are you interested in sales?

Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Was contacted by a corporate recruiter on Linkedin. Had a phone interview which was very basic, was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was invited back to a second interview which I thought was just with the sales manager, but I had to speak with several other employees, just as I did during the first interview, before ever speaking with him. It felt a lot like sorority recruitment...they asked me what I liked to do for fun and I even ended up talking about mutual friends with one of the girls who interviewed me. I spoke with 7 different people, all girls and all very put together. They all asked me the same questions and seemed very fake. Seemed like a scam company and a job where you would just sit in a cubicle cold calling all day long.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sales? Were you in a sorority? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Went in and was supposed to talk to 2 people (head managers), but ended up talking to 3 different people who had no idea who I was or what they were supposed to ask me. No structure to the interview.