Insight Global

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

A recruiter for the company found my resume on Monster and followed up with a call and e-mail. After the phone screening (super short, basically to see if I was outgoing enough) a time was chosen for me to come in to the local office for two one-on-one interviews. The recruiter let me know that my background experience didn't matter. What they were looking for was someone to lead the conversation. Based off of this, I went into the interview and tried to get to know the two people who were interviewing me and asked them a ton of questions. I spent between 45 minutes to 1 hour with each person. One of the people I interviewed with told me they were looking for young people fresh out of college with tons of energy and drive. He flat out said "we are not looking for a 40 something person. We need fresh young faces." Based off the people who interviewed me and doing a little research into the company, the typical worker at insight global is white with blonde hair and blue eyes, extremely fit and very good looking. I consider myself good looking enough (although I am not stereotypical looking) but found the company to be too superficial for my liking. They didn't try and get to know me in the interview process and I guess I didn't fit the mold of what they were looking for, so I didn't get another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What part of town do you live in and why did you chose that part of town? (Seems like a very strange question to ask)   Answer Question

Technical Operations Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2014.

Very quick and easy process. I was contacted, asked a few questions, and had an interview set up within a day. Interview process was a round-robin with Insight Global, and the Contract employer. I had my hired answer within 24 hours.

Negotiations were easy.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

Worked with recruiter Zachary Colon at Insight Global to find a position. He was very helpful and persistant. Went through an interview with a company that didn't pan out, but he stuck with it and found a position with a completely remote oppertunity. I had other offers at the time, and Insight Global was able to negotiate details to make it the favourable oppertunity to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Just overall describe experience, skills, what you'd like to be doing   View Answer

Network Security Analyst/Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

This was a series of about three phone calls, each with a different levels of complexity and with different customer personnel.

They reviewed the posting, asked questions about my experience with various tools and software, then discussed the specific projects facing that post in the near term.

I think the total time of all the calls was less than an hour, all told.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were too difficult to answer or that were unexpected.   Answer Question
    Easy, no nonsense...

Associate Director of Development Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

The initial communication was from Katie Dugan, who was very professional and walked me through the hiring process and future interviews. My next interview was with Zachary Stowe-Rains, also very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were direct and to the point and followed the job description. I would not say that the questions were difficult since I was an excellent fit for the position.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I was recruited via LinkedIn and had a brief phone interview with someone. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview and was explicitly told to "wear high heels, makeup, and do your hair - go the whole 9 yards," which I found to be sexist. Nevertheless, I went on the interview. No one was prepared to meet with me upon my arrival, and once a woman came in, I was asked zero questions about my resume or myself and was in/out the door in under 15 minutes. Totally misleading and a waste of time.

Global Relocation Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

I submitted my resume for review through Glassdoor. About a day or two later, I received a telephone message from Madison, asking to speak with me further about the position. I wasn't able to get back to her until after hours, but I left a message, and she returned the call first thing the next morning.

Many Openings/Vague Description Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Called by a recruiter saying they are going public by the end of the year and have various open positions. I asked about the positions and he said not to worry about that but to come in a be myself, the manager will ask get to know me questions and then place me where they felt I would be the best fit. I was confused but also looking to get my foot in the door and the company had good reviews so I accepted the interview.
    I came prepared to the interview and sat down with two girls who talked to me about an open position in their department. I got all my questions answered about job requirements, salary, and hours. Then they asked if I had more questions about the position and I said no. Then they walked me down to the first floor and did not ask a single question about my qualifications or what I could bring to the job. I was very caught off guard and confused about how they could even determine if I was a good fit or not. Good company but poor job by the girls conducting the interview. Naturally, I didn't get the offer. Either they made up their minds about who to hire before my interview, or someone else interrupted them and talked about their qualifications and got the offer.
    Also I was told that I was interviewing for multiple openings and only met with the manager for one position. Looking back I wish I had just asked what was going on, but at the time I was caught off guard.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview felt like a joke and it was not worth the time to go in person. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a brief phone interview in which he spoke very quickly and got me excited about the company. They keep up appearances by having a very nice office location and requiring business-formal attire.

However, when I walked in 15-mins early (as instructed) I was surprised there was no receptionist; I thought he/she may have run to the bathroom so I waited before picking up the phone that had a sign saying, "For assistance please pick up phone."

I was led to a conference room and I waited for awhile before the recruiter walked in to let me know that my interviewer, a director at IGI, would not be able to make it and that he would conduct the interview himself. I was surprised that a recruitment company that appears to seek humble, confident and professional individuals doesn't prioritize its own recruitment process, and that it is entirely acceptable for upper level management to miss interviews. From this experience, I would wonder how much management is, in fact, invested in employees and causes me to seriously doubt my desire to work at a company that treats its interviewees like sheep...one after another after another.

At first, the recruiter was very likable, but later seemed distracted, texting on his Blackberry, and even had his shoe up on the table. Very casual and overconfident. Being a member of Greek life is important. Also, if you take the lead and try interrupting instead of observing normal interview courtesies, like waiting to speak until there's a pause, you may come off as the "extrovert" they are looking for.

Also, they will tell you again and again that they have recently been ranked #4 of best places to work for in "Yahoo Finance," but actually, the news article is not written by Yahoo as it appears. It was posted on 247WallSt.com, which compiled the list from the "employee" ratings on Glassdoor, which also seem phony: another review here confirms my suspicion that employees are required to write positive reviews once hired.

All in all, in my opinion, this company is not worth your time.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter called me and told me a little about the position and the company. He talked very fast and seemed like a "yes" man. Within a week I had an in person interview with him. Although he was very nice, he was indeed a "yes" man, which made him come off as fake. He seemed very distracted during our interview, which was pretty casual and basically to see if I could hold a conversation and if my personality would fit in with that of the company. He was texting during the interview, which is not professional at all. Both on the phone and in person he kept asking "So do you have any questions? Any other questions?" I think he wanted to gauge my curiosity and interest within the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!