Insight Global Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.5

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I was called within a day of applying via Linkedin. The corporate recruiter was very nice, and after the phone screening, I was called in for a interview with the team. You go in and pick up a phone for assistance. They put you in a room and I spoke with two account managers, both very nice. Be prepared for more of a conversation. I was told I would meet with the sales manager, but never did (he was too busy). Even though both phone and in person interview went great and they seemed to really like me, they didn't offer me the job because someone else had more experience. My corporate recruiter told me the news within 3 days, which was nice.

I felt a little sketchy at first, because of all of the horrible reviews online. Also, seeing as to how every team across America, I only saw a handful of employees that weren't white (check out their instagram, and their employees on linked). They are never straight up with the salary question. We spoke a lot about going out, college life, and college sports. It is a good job if you are interested in being in greek life all over again.

I almost felt like they didn't even need a position filled, it seemed like the corporate recruiters job was to find people for his quota and waste time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The interview process at insight global is very easy and quick, you'll find that they will ask you all the question you'd expect- so be prepared! They will ask you why you chose sales, what makes you a good salesman, they will ask you to introduce/tell them about yourself. All these things should be expected as when you get the job, you'll be doing much of the same thing.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for a position in sales and account management. I had a phone interview with her and we went over my resume and background from my college experience. She told me to send her my resume, and she will get back to me after going over it with the company to see if I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What are my plans for the future and why do I want to be in sales?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

In the first initial phone interview they will describe the position of Account Manager. When you get into the interview, they will tell you that the role is for an entry-level recruiter and that you will have to work your way up to Account Manager, despite your years of experience. That is fine, but that should have been explained in the initial phone interview. Even when I asked, their corporate recruiter said, "We are looking for Account Managers." In the interview, if you ask the right questions, you will learn that they want you in the office from 6:30 am to 7pm, spending most of your time on the phone cold-calling.

Fraternity/Sorority vibes

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The interview is all personality based. Felt like a popularity contest or fraternity/sorority rush. Everyone is young. Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone in the Atlanta office seemed genuine - can't say for other offices.

I ended up declining because I felt the environment and people were a little shallow, but the company and job overall seemed very promising and a great place to start or continue your career.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after finding my resume on career builder and had a brief phone screening before asking me to come in for an office interview. At the office interview I waited 15 minutes in a small hot room for the recruiter to come in and talk to me. When we talked it was a little too casual and I felt like I was going through sorority recruitment all over again. Overall it was very unprofessional and it felt rushed and disingenuous. I have over-qualified friends who had the same interview experience and didn't receive an offer for whatever reason. I haven't heard back from them yet after the 1:1 interview but since they are so unprofessional I wouldn't see myself thriving in a culture like the one they promote, regardless.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful throughout the entire process, and I enjoyed speaking with her during the initial phone screen. I was invited for a 1:1 in person interview which went pretty well, but it was just your typical surface level interview and somewhat unprofessional with the first person interviewing me swearing 3 different times and also talking about how the office has a lot of drama and is very catty like a fraternity or sorority . The third interview was a lunch interview that I thought was very unprofessional and the interviewers seemed very fake and immature making comments such as "my favorite part of being sick is loosing all the weight", "Where do people in your sorority hook up if you all sleep in the same room?" and asking other strange questions. It was much more of a time to judge me and see if I was "cool" or not rather than seeing if I was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• They really didnt ask me any questions...and let me ask all the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying for a position on LinkedIn. The phone conversation was very easy going, and informative about the business and position. I was asked to meet with the sales manager for a interview for a face to face interview. The interview felt very rushed because their was an issue with whoever scheduled the interview. The sales manager basically just told me about the position i applied for, info about the company and then told me he'd be in contact with me about setting up a final interview. When I hadn't heard from him I tried contacting my recruiter via email and phone calls...she told me she would get back with me in a couple days. I still have yet to hear back after a week.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and met the recruiter. I had the first and second interview at the office. The interview style was very conversational and they just wanted to get to know me. I met with 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Insight Global as a company?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview process. A corporate recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn, we did an informal phone interview to see if I was interested. Insight happened to be holding interviews on campus the next day. That interview was very conversational and helped me learn more about the position/company. The corporate recruiter then told me they wanted me to meet in their office for the next round. This interview was with the Sales Manager - again very conversational, pretty easy interview. He sent in an Account Manager to interview me. I loved the AM, she was very honest and transparent about her role/salary and the potential in the company. We had a lot to talk about. She then brought me into the "pit" to see everyone in action. Everyone is very young/attractive but very welcoming. They all ran up and shook my hand. The next round interview is a lunch interview with the director of operations. It was very laid back and enjoyable. They are interested in seeing how you can drive conversational and if you have a bubbly "people-person" personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable