Insight Global

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.5

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

I was first contacted through LinkdIn, and was asked to attend the career fair at my college to meet the corporate recruiter. After I met her, she offered me an in person interview at the most convenient job sight. The interview went very well (was not the format I was told it would be), I spoke with three random employees for about fifteen minutes before I actually spoke with the person I was told that I would interview with (she ended up spending the least amount of time with me). It was very casual, and I felt very comfortable. It was an easy interview processes. However, there was some miscommunication between my recruiter and me, I was told that I would not be interviewed for the specific location where I was interviewing at in the second round, and that it would just determine if I would move on to the third round or not. However, the interview was for that specific office, and I was not interested in that specific location. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very easy and expected. Why sales? What motivates you? They really didn't ask as many questions. More like "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Found out about the job through campus career services and had an on campus interview. Next was an interview at their location, and after was a one on one lunch with the Sales manager. Basically they want you to drive the conversation and have a lot of energy. All the people I talked to were extremely nice and easy to have a conversation with. They like people who were athletes or are in Greek Life as it is a really social and high energy atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, mainly want you to ask the questions. know why you want to do sales and why insight global   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

VERY unorganized interview. Spoke with four different people, most seemed interested to talk to me but came off very fake. Asked what my favorite bar was on campus and what sorority I'm in. They didn't ask me about my experience at all. Also, why sales? Sat in a room by myself for thirty minutes as I waited for one of the woman to come in. Very irresponsible and unorganized. Seems like they care more about looks than how well you can actually perform a job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mostly just about you and what you do in your free time.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview process was smooth. After contacting me they wanted to do an in person interview and they never failed to remind me of everything i need to do. After the in person interview the first job they offer didn't went through for some reasons. But they gave me another offer which i have accepted. These guys are awesome!

Interview Questions
    We were able to negotiate a contract to hire position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter over the phone. Scheduled a first round interview the next week. First interview was with the recruiter and then the office managers-very laid back no real tough questions just getting to know you to see if it's the right fit for each other. Was contacted the next day asking if I could come in for lunch with the office managers-Again laid back to make sure you can hold a conversation and are enjoyable to be around. Then was asked the next week to come in for a happy hour again with the office managers. David, the recruiter, was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. I've had a lot of corporate recruiters contact me through linkedin, email, phone etc, and David was by far the most personable and you could tell he loves working for insight Global. The office managers were great people too who were easy to talk to.

Timing wasn't right for me

Oracle Applications Database Administrator/Oracle Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

They check references, and run a back ground check, No really Interview questions. That is with the client this is a recruiting Company. If you interview will with the client it is up to you to take it or not.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interviewed on college campus. Quick interview - was told about the company and they answered any questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Asked me about a personal relationship with someone I knew

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Unprofessional and conversational interview. I applied online and got an immediate call back, we talked on the phone for a few minutes and then scheduled an in person interview. At the in person interview the manager wanted to show what a day to day work week looked like. At the end of the "interview" the manager told me to email him an updated resume. I submitted the resume again and was pretty much brought back to the first step. I used the interview to knock the rust off my interview skills and if it weren't for that it would have been a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions, I was only told to keep submitting my resume. Almost like a wild goose chase.   Answer Question

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

They found my profile on Linkedin and called me for an initial phone interview. After that, they invited me to an on-campus interview. That was very easy and completely conversational. After about a week they asked me to visit them in the Portland office for another interview. They told me to come prepared with 5-8 questions for the interviewer and that they would be looking at how well I can lead a conversation.

When I arrived at the interview in Portland, I spoke with two people. The first person was very friendly, but there was a bit of a clash since I was told that I should lead the interview with my questions, and he was also trying to ask me questions. The interview didn't have much of a "flow" to it, and the interviewer didn't seem sure of what he wanted to find out from me.

I wasn't particularly interested in the position, so I am not surprised that they could see through my lack of interested. I think it would be a good company for someone straight out of college who wants that first professional job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable in a competitive environment? Why sales?
      What does happiness mean to you? (that one threw me off)

Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted by someone from the company. I had a quick phone interview then was brought in for an in-person interview. The interview was easy, just a conversation. I met with 2 people. The first girl told me all about the position. She was nice and very helpful. Then I met with a manager and he only asked me a few questions. I was basically the one asking all the questions and carrying the interview. At the end of the interview, he said someone would be contacting me by the end of the week about moving forward. I never got an email or a call. I sent a follow up email the next week and never got a response. Seemed very unprofessional to me. Overall, seemed like an exciting place to work, lots of young people. I just wish they would be a bit more professional with the candidates they choose not to move forward with.